Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bling - Exotic Cyberlimb Casemod question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HentaiZonga
So, one of our characters is an elven fashion model, who is rather proud of her cybernetic limbs (she's modeled after Aimee Mullins, FYI, with a healthy dose of Dita von Teese mixed in).

She was invited to a royal ball in Tir Tairngire, and decided to show up in style as a "fairy-tail princess" - specifically, Cinderella.

Her cyberlegs are made entirely out of clear plasteel - including the internal gearworks - and all optic wires have been replaced with electronic wires made out of clear conductive plastics. Every single piece of plasteel and plastic has been custom-engineered to have precisely the same optical refraction index; then the whole limb gets filled with a light mineral oil that also has the same refractive index, so the entire limb - thigh to toe - appears to be made out of solid glass. The entire 'foot' portion of the limb is modeled as a solid high-heel fetish shoe.

Of course, as GM, I have to have someone bust up the joint, so the question becomes: what sorts of attributes should these limbs have? Clearly, they aren't going to have armor, or any other modification that takes up Capacity.

Also: what other neat 'bling' have you or your characters come up with?

paws2sky
Well, given those legs are designed for a specific purpose (their appearance), I'd suggest making them stock cyberlimbs with attributes matching the character's as closely as possible.

Maybe give them some kind of Optimization bonus? I no idea what kind to suggest though.

Other bling...

I haven't met many characters who sport excessive bling. Mostly its just ultra-expensive fashions once the characters finally build up the cash for it.

It wasn't exactly bling, but my Shark shaman had a thing for taking trophies from 'worthy' enemies; bones and weapons, mostly.
ElFenrir
by the sound of them they are pretty delicate limbs; I'd say stock of Body/Agility/Strength around 3, or if her stats are less, even around them. They definately don't sound like combat limbs.

I havn't come up with anything too fancy; my elf with the torso and legs 'o doom has them colored more white with some gray touches to match his skin and hair(he's an albino), otherwise they are just completely maxed-out, pumped bonecrushers. But they look sleek; they are designed to match his build(lean, muscular), but they otherwise look normal; and since he wears his cargos and boots with them, you don't really know he has cyberlegs-but seeing him run or jump might give it away. His boots are modified to allow his dual foot anchors to pop out, however, if he wants to hold onto something(or send them through someone's body, which he does have the Exotic Weapon skill for.) They have the hydraulic jacks, as well, for more jumping power. (I think the best/worst possible stunt he's pulled(depending on how you think) before was redlining, jumping up with them and the hydraulics, extending the anchors, and landing on someone. The anchors were overkill.) That's the closest thing i had with 'bling' when it came to cyberlimbs.

Stahlseele
remember the Galaxy Rangers?
Zacharias Arm . . yeah, i built it and they came at me *g*
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ May 1 2008, 10:55 AM) *
by the sound of them they are pretty delicate limbs; I'd say stock of Body/Agility/Strength around 3, or if her stats are less, even around them. They definately don't sound like combat limbs.

I havn't come up with anything too fancy; my elf with the torso and legs 'o doom has them colored more white with some gray touches to match his skin and hair(he's an albino), otherwise they are just completely maxed-out, pumped bonecrushers. But they look sleek; they are designed to match his build(lean, muscular), but they otherwise look normal; and since he wears his cargos and boots with them, you don't really know he has cyberlegs-but seeing him run or jump might give it away. His boots are modified to allow his dual foot anchors to pop out, however, if he wants to hold onto something(or send them through someone's body, which he does have the Exotic Weapon skill for.) They have the hydraulic jacks, as well, for more jumping power. (I think the best/worst possible stunt he's pulled(depending on how you think) before was redlining, jumping up with them and the hydraulics, extending the anchors, and landing on someone. The anchors were overkill.) That's the closest thing i had with 'bling' when it came to cyberlimbs.

*nod* I'm considering potentially an even lower Body/Strength than that; I'm thinking Agility should be higher, since they're designed as dancing limbs, and she's a famous gymnast and salsa dancer, and would definitely have specified to the manufacturer that she expected to be showing off at the party.
Drogos
Yeah, I'd baseline Strength and Body and max out Agility. I don't think she should lose out on any Strength but maybe Body due to the more delicate material (I know it makes sense to do it for Strength as well, but this way she has the better Strength for running the Frag away when the Drek hits the fan).
ElFenrir
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 1 2008, 01:57 PM) *
*nod* I'm considering potentially an even lower Body/Strength than that; I'm thinking Agility should be higher, since they're designed as dancing limbs, and she's a famous gymnast and salsa dancer, and would definitely have specified to the manufacturer that she expected to be showing off at the party.

Maybe Body 2/Agility 4/ Strength 2 or so-even Agility 5 might be well. Definately something you'd want to make sure you be careful in combat with. It's sorta like that beautifully made but delicate art sword; not made for combat-sure you could get a hit or two in, but it would probably bust after that. smile.gif

It's cool though; not every cyberlimb need be a combat piece, and those sound pretty creative. With all of the options available, im sure there are plenty of more delicate kinds. (Maybe for a young child, perhaps.)
CanRay
Only "Bling" my characters have had is a Gold-Plated Datajack, which, frankly, is probably pretty common with Corporates.

Well, and his solid gold cyberoptics, but those are a common option as well. He went with a Ice Blue optional glow for the iris however, rather than the traditional red.
FrankTrollman
You could fill the legs with gel with a refractive index like glass so that you wouldn't see distortions through the legs where and when the wheels spun.

-Frank
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ May 1 2008, 11:09 AM) *
You could fill the legs with gel with a refractive index like glass so that you wouldn't see distortions through the legs where and when the wheels spun.

-Frank

Yep, already covered that angle - although we used a mineral oil instead of a gel. smile.gif Although with that steep of a refractive index, the difference is probably purely semantic...
Fortune
I've done the exotic datajack/limb casings before, as have a lot of people, so I won't go on about them.

One of the more pleasing (at least to me) Bling Things™ I have come up with (and am currently using) is an Eye Light modification that sort of imitates a mirror ball, emitting an array of small emerald sparkles at will.
Stahlseele
well, there's the single Cyber-Eye one of my Magicians is sporting . . Light-System built in and made to be able to shine like a Pentagramm and other such silly things *g*
and then there's the black mirrored retractable protective Covers, one eye with a vertical blood red and the other a horizontal fire red line so the wearer gets the image of a cross-hair . .
Of Course the Cyber-Eyes beneath with Light-Systems too, so the Eyes can go all Ahnold-Glowy beneath the built in Shades ^^
HentaiZonga
Heh. One of my co-players once put an 'auto-sprayer' into one of his cyberarms - basically, an airbrush / ranged inkjet printer, that allowed him to 'tag' walls (or bodies) in about a half-second with any uploaded image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012