Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vampires of Seattle OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tanka
Alright, all check in here. The first few posts will be all you guys.
Grey
Roll Call! I'm in, character name is Grey.
Ol' Scratch
I'm in as well, playing the nosferatu face/nightclub owner Dominic d'Archangelo.
Tanka
OK, remember, also, to keep the signatures off.

IC thread is up! Have at!

Edit: Oh, and for anybody who has yet to roll Essence, do so now and update your sheets. IIRC, most of the people have done so already, and those that have been waiting for me, I apologize. It wouldn't be fair to let some do it themselves and some not.

My dice seem to be cursed right now. They hate me. frown.gif

I'm working on spending karma to stop that, though. Lots of rolling, and talking nice to my dice. biggrin.gif

(No, this should not affect the game. They hate me, not you.)
Grey
Does Mist Form take equipment with it? I read up on the power and it doesn't say either way.
Tanka
I'm going to say it doesn't.
Grey
What about something like a Weapon Focus? That is bound to me with karma, is that different then?
Tanka
It's still material. It's still bonded to you, so it can't be bonded to another, but you won't have it with you.

I am going to say, however, that anything bonded to you is linked, so you can pretty much tell where it is if you lose it.

No, that does not mean I'll let you bond your car keys so you'll never lose them again. biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
Technically, anything you use as a fetish or talisman is bonded to you as well... biggrin.gif
Grey
Yeah, I'm gunna bond my car keys and a talisman geas. I can't do magic if I loose my keys. rotfl.gif
Lezzie Borden
Harlot is in the game, sitting at the left hand side of God... oops, I mean Dom.
Tanka
Heh.

Well, I'm soon going to be putting this all up on a webpage for easy reference. Give me a few days to collect everything, format it in an easy-to-read layout (in other words, black text on white ;p), and properly format the non-html versions.
gobogen
Frank is in the game.

If the equipment doesn't transfer when a vamp goes into mist form, does that include clothing (and armor) ? That would mean that everything would be left behind and that vampires would often be found walking around completely naked.... scatter.gif
Tanka
So use Mist Form as a last ditch effort, 'natch.

Or do it and have Solaris pick it up for you (Dzoo do not have Mist Form, if you didn't know). biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
Or, if you ask really nicely, just have Dominic snag it with his Levitation spell when he escapes that way. He can't go to Mist Form, either. biggrin.gif
gobogen
Hum, I suppose I could cast it myself, but can a vamp cast spells when in mist form?
Tanka
You're still sentient while in Mist Form, so I'd say that you can do Mana-based activities like casting spells.

Don't abuse it or I'll take it away, though.
Tanka
Anybody get any word from Cheese? He never really replied to the earlier thread, and he has yet to do anything in this one.
Cheese Emperor
Poof. I'm alive, just a bit taxed for time at the moment.
Tanka
OK, everybody is checked in, good. I'm working on the site now, HTML-izing the four sheets that weren't already in a webpage format (You guys didn't have to. I just decided a little while ago to make a website for it).
GunnerJ
"his shoadowy hands" refers to a Magic Fingers spell. He used it to to carry his things. Hopefully I used it right, they're technically not supposed to operate out of line of sight I know. BTW, Thinker's starting essence is 8, on a 2D6 roll. Given that his natural strength is 4, enhanced physical attributes gives him a strength of 12, which should be enough to haul the load in a short amount of time...

Should we be rolling our own skill tests and drain?
Tanka
Yes, do so. I would, however, assume something like carrying books wouldn't be too difficult.
GunnerJ
Well, just for shits and giggles, I rolled 6 Sorcery dice plus 3 Spell Pool against a TN of 6 for a Force 4 Magic Fingers and got 4 successes. So, he has a set of shadow hands with and effective strength and quickness of 4. Rolling 7 Willpower dice plus 3 Spell Pool against a drain code of 5M stun, I got 3 successes, which stages the drain down to light.
Ol' Scratch
5M Drain? Force 4/2 = 2+2 = 4M. If you have a fetish for Drain, it'd only be 3M. How'd you get 5M? smile.gif
GunnerJ
Um, bad math?

Might as well make it no drain then, doesn't matter.

EDIT: I think what i did was assume a force 6 spell. That's all I ever cast in my other games playing a mage type character, so it's just a matter of mental shortcutting to assume that my drain will be TN 3 + or - modifiers by spell.
Cheese Emperor
Seems I'm turning a lot of heads with the bat form...
gobogen
As you might have guessed Frank has a strenght of 1, but with an essence of 9, it goes up to 10.

Frank moves in quite a lot of stuff, including furniture to make up for: high confort, high entertainment, high furnishings. Note that among other things he moved a grand piano to his room with a levitation spell. Assuming a weight of up to 500kgs (1100 lbs), I have a TN of 9 on my sorcery test.

Sorcery(spellcasting) 7 + magic pool 7: 1,1,1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,7,11,15 (2 successes)
Drain resistance against 3M using willpower 8 + manipulation focus 4: 1,2,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5,10,10 (7 successes)

Frank also has a magic shop and he might have to use levitation on some of the larger parts, but he is unlikely to suffer any drain damage from levitation spells grinbig.gif

As a side note: maybe we should start talking about the magical group IC. It doesn't really exist yet, does it?
Tanka
It does. AFAIK, Doc just offered this space to you out of the kindness of his heart (And the need of his credstick) for fellow HMHVV infected peoples.

The group is rather large, and you're basically a splinter of the group that's been put together as a team.
Ol' Scratch
No, there was no "need of his credstick." Dominic did it simply because he had too much cash leftover after everything else and thought it would be nice. nyahnyah.gif
Tanka
This is true.

Urg. Hate being tired. I'll dig up some random energy somewhere and post.
GunnerJ
OK, we're doing a good job poncing around and acting cool/awesome, when do we get to fight off vampire hunter cyberzombie adepts? grinbig.gif

Just kidding, however, I am looking forward to seeing how the "Does Thinker Have Enough Electricity to Run his Lamp and his Stereo Simultaneously?" conflict resolves itself. spin.gif
Tanka
QUOTE (GunnerJ)
OK, we're doing a good job poncing around and acting cool/awesome, when do we get to fight off vampire hunter cyberzombie adepts? grinbig.gif

Just kidding, however, I am looking forward to seeing how the "Does Thinker Have Enough Electricity to Run his Lamp and his Stereo Simultaneously?" conflict resolves itself. spin.gif

1) Never! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! *cough* Sorry.

In all seriousness, soon. I just woke up from a four-hour nap and am feeling a bit energized. True; I had to call off work, but it was needed. I just hope I'm not catching something.

2) I'm not sure. Does he, Doc?
Ol' Scratch
There should be *ample* power. It's a Low Lifestyle for everyone as far as Comforts, Entertainment, and Furnishings go unless they paid for a higher rating. nyahnyah.gif
Tanka
For those who want to double-check me. I thought it'd be more than fair to show the (N)PC doing her stuff. True NPCs I won't be showing, though.

The target is 4 for all tests.

Centering: 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4
Conjuring: 2, 2, 3, 4, 7 (2 withheld for Drain)
Drain: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11

Her Charisma of 4 makes it 4M for Drain, which she stages without the need of Centering (Too late!).

One service of two is now used for a Physical Service.
GunnerJ
Thinker casts a Force 6 Improved Invisibilty spell: 6 Sorcery dice + 2 Spell Pool against TN 4 yeilds 4 successes. Drain is 6 Willpower dice + 4 Spell Pool dice against a drain code of 4M, 7 successes completely negates any drain.

Thinker also "creeps" towards the entrance: Stealth open roll yields a highest result of 10.

He has his Mortimer Greatcoat on, the Morissey Alta is in his inner coat pocket (I'll have to get a holster someday...), and he is carrying his cane-sword.
Ol' Scratch
What time is it, and what day of the week?
Tanka
It is Thursday at 5:35 PM. It is two hours into Solaris' conjuring period, and she is effectively ignoring it by Centering.
gobogen
Casting an Armor spell Force 5 in my sustaining focus:
TN 6: Spellcasting 7 + Spellpool 5: 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,4,5,9,10 (2 successes)
Drain Resistance 4M: Willpower 8 + Spellpool 2 + Focus 4: 1,1,1,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,7,7,9,16 (No damage)

In an interior pocket of the lined coat, there's a Browning max power (silencer and laser sight), and in another pocket there are 2 extra clips.

Since I see no good reason not to do this: Frank uses Enhanced Physical Attributes (are we limited to do this in any way or are we always able to activate this power??)

He is trying to "stay unnoticed in the dark":
Hiding (defaulting to Enhanced Quickness of 16): best result 11 becoming 7 because of defaulting
Tanka
For Vampires and Banshees, it is always on. For Nosferatu, it can only be used twice per day.
Cheese Emperor
I'll gladly adjust my character that way tanka, if you want the Banshees to be like that. However, as far as I know Banshees do not have access to that particular power.
Tanka
I thought they did... Let me double check.

I guess not... Must be this whole "sickness" thing.
gobogen
That's so weird !!! I replied in IC earlier and it desappeared ...

Edit: I think I'm losing it wobble.gif something must be wrong with me.. my post didn't disappear
Tanka
Well since it seems Cheese never wants to reply to the IC thread. *glare*

Moving right along!
Grey
I'd like to make a Reaction test to catch the kid before he turns to run.
Grey
Can I get a description of the area we are in? Is it a Z zone, or what?
Ol' Scratch
We're based out of Hell's Kitchen, a very unhospitable Z-Zone in the Pullyup Barrens. There's lava flows and all kinds of good stuff nearby.
Grey
yay!
Ol' Scratch
Don't ask me how the kids got past the security systems, though. biggrin.gif
Grey
Reaction test: 05 01 02 09 01 08 01 03 07 03 01 03 03 05 02 05 02 04
Tanka
Quiet. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012