Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What books do we wanna see?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Screamin Demon
We were having a nice discussion on the other forum and I figured it was poll worthy. If for nothing more then marketing paydata if such a thing can be garndered from forums such as these.
Fortune
Where's the option for 'None of the Above'?
Screamin Demon
If you had another idea you had your chance to post on the thread where we were all talking about it before. Sorry, I went with what was said. Did you have an idea you wanted to share, or are you just ribbing me for forgetting to leave an out for the carefree?
toturi
Playelf. Nadja Daviar is my House Elf. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Screamin Demon @ May 2 2008, 11:09 AM) *
If you had another idea you had your chance to post on the thread where we were all talking about it before. Sorry, I went with what was said.

Would it have made a difference? There were a lot of suggestions you didn't even bother to list, such as ...

- Shadowbeat Revisited
- Espionage & Spies
- Well-written Novel
- Behind the Scenes: Big Book o' Extracts That Didn't Make Other Books
- Ancient History's Book of Secrets
- Mercenaries 'R' Us
- Sprawl Survival Guide circa 2072
- GM Sourcebook of Examples
- Fixer's Black Book
- Many and various locations books
- Adventures Galore!

Not to mention Die .6 Der Welt, which was mentioned as being wanted in English, an idea which I actually seconded in the thread in question.
Screamin Demon
You are pretty good at being right...

Guess I did kinda skew the poll towards those I felt worth mentioning, as my goal was to promote the best idea I saw on the previous forum.

How is this whole being right all the time thing working out for you anyway?
Scrap side of definitely being so right is in order for that to happen you have to make someone else definitely wrong.

Can you understand the motivation I had in making this poll?
My apologies at being so inept as to neglect 'A well written novel' as an option. sarcastic.gif

Perhaps we could get a moderator to blast this poll for us and you can go ahead and run yours, you should have done it yourself in the first place.
Fortune
I don't get it. I merely asked a question about the poll choices. You responded, not with a answer that addressed my actual question, but by stating that you had included the things people said in the other thread, and I had already had chance to list my suggestions. I then responded with a list of other 'suggestions' that you ignored (including one that I myself endorsed in the thread mentioned), as it seems that you did not include all the suggestions in the other thread (including Shadowbeat, which was the most requested book).

As far as I can see, it is you that is striving to be seen as being 'right', or in some way a 'victim' of my posts, when in fact you merely cherry-picked only those suggestions from that thread that you personally liked, and then got defensive when I called you on it. Whatever makes you happy I guess. Have a nice day.
Stahlseele
you forgot: The Biig Book of Stuff that did not make it into other Books!
Fortune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 2 2008, 05:42 PM) *
you forgot: The Biig Book of Stuff that did not make it into other Books!

You mean ...

QUOTE (Fortune)
- Behind the Scenes: Big Book o' Extracts That Didn't Make Other Books

... this book? wink.gif
Stahlseele
yes. that one. the same i mentioned in the other thread and that you mentioned in here too . . it's missing in the choices up there *points*
Fortune
Ah, yes it is. I thought you had meant that I had forgotten to list it. smile.gif
Stahlseele
the moment i think you forgot something i will mark it on the calender <.< . .
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 1 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Where's the option for 'None of the Above'?

Just vote "Playelf" and roll along.
Nightwalker450
I get the arguments this isn't a full list of those discussed. But I'm a big fan of the Comprehensive Historical Atlas.
quentra
Besides, don't you want Playelf?
Speed Wraith
A vote for Playelf is a vote for Shadowbeat, right? biggrin.gif
Wesley Street
QUOTE (quentra @ May 2 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Besides, don't you want Playelf?

Just photoshop some Spock ears on a skinny model and you're good to go. Now if someone could photoshop a model to make her look like a Shadowrun-style ork or troll... that fella or lady would have my gratitude.

This is just me waxing nostalgic but I miss those full color restaurant/bar/service photo ad inserts that FASA produced for their Seattle and London sourcebooks. Some of them looked a bit corny but there was something charming about a guy wearing an ork mask and gloves posing as a gentile British butler. Or a shot of a mad scientist-looking model with a fake eyeball in his hand representing a clone bank.
Screamin Demon
My bad, Fortune. I get irritated when the moon wanes as crap thin as it is.
Your points were valid, thanks for not being a dick about me crabbin'atcha.
I am glad the Comprehensive Historical Atlas is doing so well. Thats the one I wanted too.

I would love to see Playelf, but first thing we need is... real elves.
Donate money to the Ghost Dance fund raisers, people! If we are going to bring about the 6th world we have to work together! biggrin.gif
Fuchs
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 2 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Just photoshop some Spock ears on a skinny model and you're good to go. Now if someone could photoshop a model to make her look like a Shadowrun-style ork or troll... that fella or lady would have my gratitude.

This is just me waxing nostalgic but I miss those full color restaurant/bar/service photo ad inserts that FASA produced for their Seattle and London sourcebooks. Some of them looked a bit corny but there was something charming about a guy wearing an ork mask and gloves posing as a gentile British butler. Or a shot of a mad scientist-looking model with a fake eyeball in his hand representing a clone bank.

Take DAZ Studio or Poser, and do it! (or check this thread)
Stahlseele
i voted for the Atlas . . giving Aunty H something to do again *g*
Fortune
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 3 2008, 01:43 AM) *
Just vote "Playelf" and roll along.

I did! biggrin.gif
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Fuchs @ May 2 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Take DAZ Studio or Poser, and do it! (or check this thread)

I'm not familiar with DAZ Studio and I really don't like Poser but Gray's orks look pretty darn sweet. Would love to see more of that stuff. Has anyone done anything using just Photoshop? I'd like to put together some fake ads for my runners and not have to completely render every pixel from scratch.

Sorry for the thread-drift folks. frown.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I also voted for Playelf, mostly because there was no big book o' Nerps™.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012