Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mage targets Sammy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightwalker450
I'm not talking damage resistance, but rather when Body is used to resist. Here's some questions for when magic hits man and machine...

A Sammy can have an "Averaged" body attribute due to cyberware. But does the cyberware body help him to resist?

I'm pretty sure his lack of essense will hinder these type of spells.

Does a sammy have Object Resistance due to the amount of cyberware incorporated with his body?
Stahlseele
Yes it does

Yes, probably, if that wasn't done away with in SR4, it was at least like this in SR3

No, but he probably should at some point *g*
Muspellsheimr
Implants do not have OR once installed. They are part of the target.

Implants do not help spell resistance.

Health Spells (only) receive a negative dice pool modifier equal to the subject's total essence lost, round down (5.5 essence {0.5 lost} gives no penalty, 4.5 gives -1)
Stahlseele
ah, yes, right . . only health spells affected by essence, i forgot that little detail, sory ^^#
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 2 2008, 02:34 PM) *
ah, yes, right . . only health spells affected by essence, i forgot that little detail, sory ^^#

I think most of the spells this would affect are Health Spells.

But Turn To Goo has no affect on cyberware, so why would the cyberwares body affect the overall? This would make sammy's possibly easier to goo. But thats why I was thinking that their essense or some type of Object Resistance should be applied.

I don't have books right now so I'll look to see if I can find other questionables when I have my books.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012