Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am now a Shadowrunner!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I am a full, 400 BP character now! Yay! 20 points into the Ork race, 200 into Attributes, 40 points into Edge, that leaves me with 140 points for skills, nuyen and contacts. I tend towards violence, so I'd have to be either an adept or have some 'wear to pump me up. So, how do y'all viewl me, as the magic man or the machine man? Let's make the character that is Mikey! ork.gif
Fortune
Actually, your title just states 'Runner'. For all we know, you could be some Forrest Gump-like dude. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Sombranox
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 5 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Actually, your title just states 'Runner'. For all we know, you could be some Forrest Gump-like dude. wink.gif biggrin.gif

So he's a munchkin and set his logic to 1?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Fortune, it is now official! You suck even more than the Toronto Maple Leafs!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Sombranox @ May 5 2008, 02:13 PM) *
So he's a munchkin and set his logic to 1?

My Logic score is at least 2. My use of grammar alone should demonstrate that.
Fortune
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ May 6 2008, 09:32 AM) *
Fortune, it is now official! You suck even more than the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Damn! That's saying something this year. Almost a double insult there. I'm wounded to the quick, and may have to retaliate as soon as I can find where I put Tie Domi's phone number. biggrin.gif

Go Leafs Go ... next year!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Tie Domi is busy with women troubles. Besides, I'm an ork, remember? I fear no Leaf goon! I am a 400 build point shadowrunner! Domi's lucky if he got half of that! I fear no Athletics 3 score when I have both melee and ranged combat skills!
Fortune
You still don't get it. There is no 'shadow' in your title. You are merely a bipedally ambulating pedestrian who has used up his action for the turn by 'Running'. No 400 BP for you ... yet. Post more ... earn Karma. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
CanRay
Or you're a low-level, 300 BP 'Runner, working his way up the Shadows. nyahnyah.gif

'Course, I'm a good for nothing "Moving Target" ATM, which means I'm smart enough to go for cover!
Snow_Fox
guys be kind to the nice jogger.
Sombranox
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 5 2008, 08:46 PM) *
'Course, I'm a good for nothing "Moving Target" ATM, which means I'm smart enough to go for cover!

At least you're moving. I'm still just a target that stands there waving dumbly at the nice men with guns.

On a side track, is it just me or does Fortune's title say immoral elf? I could have sworn that it used to be immortal elf.
Mickle5125
You forgot to mention the big bullseye on our backs, Sombranox.

on the side track, yes. He really is an Immoral Elf.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 5 2008, 06:28 PM) *
You still don't get it. There is no 'shadow' in your title. You are merely a bipedally ambulating pedestrian who has used up his action for the turn by 'Running'. No 400 BP for you ... yet. Post more ... earn Karma. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

I don't even see proof of bipedalism....
CanRay
I love the smell of Karma in the morning...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 5 2008, 04:46 PM) *
Or you're a low-level, 300 BP 'Runner, working his way up the Shadows. nyahnyah.gif

Nope! That was when I was a mere neophyte runner. I am working toward prime runner, but hey, 400 BP is good.

Fortuney, methinks you see only what you want to see...would you rather see this 400 BP ork running toward you or away from you? biggrin.gif

Snowy, if I was a jogger it woulda said so. Stop tryin' to make me look bad. I don't need your help for that.

Y'all seem to have gotten sidetracked though...
Grinder
QUOTE (Sombranox @ May 6 2008, 03:10 AM) *
On a side track, is it just me or does Fortune's title say immoral elf? I could have sworn that it used to be immortal elf.

Some posters can customize their title. wink.gif
Stahlseele
i don't really get what all the fuzz is about O.o
*points left*
i shoot back, that's enough for me ^^
Tobias
QUOTE (Grinder @ May 6 2008, 09:54 AM) *

Pfft that was through Blood Magic Sacrifice wasn't it?
Fortune
Of course. biggrin.gif
Cantankerous
QUOTE (Sombranox @ May 6 2008, 03:10 AM) *
At least you're moving. I'm still just a target that stands there waving dumbly at the nice men with guns.

Tell me about it. And at my size they couldn't miss me if they were blind paraplegics shooting from 50 meters away in a rain storm.

BB
Cantankerous
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 6 2008, 04:51 AM) *
I love the smell of Karma in the morning...

Was that karma? I thought it was grits and gravy.

BB
Cantankerous
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ May 6 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Y'all seem to have gotten sidetracked though...

Oooops. Sorry. Definitely a cyber dude, someone with wares upgradeable and the beginnings of the ol' "SOTA is my GOD!!!" syndrome just waiting to ride the curve to Prime land. smile.gif

Isshia
Heath Robinson
Bah, I'm a moving target. We're worth more points than targets because we're harder to hit and that makes us more likely to get shot at. I have to move because if I didn't then the shooting targets are coming down on my ass to rack up some karma. I have practically no offensive options besides persuading two shooters to hit each other and even then it doesn't count me as the killer so there's no reason to risk my neck. I just gotta keep running until my movement karma tops out and I ascend to shooting.

It's a tough life being a moving target.
DocTaotsu
I'm just glad I got my strength up high enough to start running. I can only hope that my body is high enough to start wearing real armor...
Magus
QUOTE (Tobias @ May 6 2008, 05:07 AM) *
Pfft that was through Blood Magic Sacrifice wasn't it?

How do you think He got the title IMMORAL ELF? It sure was not selling girl scout cookies.
Cantankerous
QUOTE (Magus @ May 6 2008, 02:49 PM) *
How do you think He got the title IMMORAL ELF? It sure was not selling girl scout cookies.

I thought it was all those times he was caught selling drugs while dressed up as a NUN! STERN!!!! grinbig.gif

Isshia

I think I just dated myself. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Cantankerous @ May 6 2008, 11:04 PM) *
I think I just dated myself.

Ah, but did you get lucky?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I think I'm gonna have Snow Fox as a contact...someone to launder and invest my illicitly gained funds. I think she'd have a connection 3, but probably just a loyalty 1 until I started pumping in the cash. There's 4 more BP's gone.
Snow_Fox
Until I call an agent I know or my sister in law at the Treasury dept and report you for money laundering and so get a few kicks with my law enforcement contacts.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I'm willing to become violent over something like that. ork.gif AND spread around what ya did. Your street rep would tank (as if accountants care about street rep). Oohhh...a run to get your client list...fun AND karma!
Cantankerous
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 6 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Ah, but did you get lucky?

A gentleman never tells.

(((I'm a troll who doesn't like big women...who the hell else does he think I'm getting lucky with?)))

BB
Fortune
QUOTE (Cantankerous @ May 7 2008, 07:28 PM) *
A gentleman never tells.

So what's your excuse? wink.gif biggrin.gif

(((I'm a troll who doesn't like big women...who the hell else does he think I'm getting lucky with?)))

Hot elven chicks with a severe troll fetish, of course. smokin.gif
Spike
Don't mind me, I'm just posting to see what my own title is....

smile.gif
Mickle5125
Does anyone know how and when someone moves to the next level? IE: when will I become a moving target?
CanRay
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 7 2008, 10:15 AM) *
Hot elven chicks with a severe troll fetish, of course. smokin.gif

Matrix Dating/AR Display of Fetishes. Just the thing for shallow, meaningless relationships that Shadowrunners love! nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ May 7 2008, 11:34 AM) *
Does anyone know how and when someone moves to the next level? IE: when will I become a moving target?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=17972

Here's a link to the last time this discussion came up, to save some rehashing. smile.gif

IIRC, Moving Target is 500, and it's a rank increase at every 500 for a few ranks. I of all people should probably know this. But hey, once you're the Fisty of Doom, Immoral Elves and the like become irrelavant. biggrin.gif So you've got a while.
fistandantilus4.0
Moved to a more appropriate forum. Have a nice day!

[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ May 8 2008, 06:39 AM) *
... Immoral Elves and the like become irrelavant.

Immoral Elves are never irrelevant! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
more like selling girlscout-cookies *g* . . or only the girl scouts? O.o
Caine Hazen
Well if we catch Fortune at GenCon we'll have to make him do something "special" to keep his rank wink.gif
Stahlseele
*shudders* horrible mental images there x.x . .
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 7 2008, 02:24 PM) *
Immoral Elves are never irrelevant! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

But they are often irreverant.
Fortune
Without a doubt! biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Fortunately for me an average elve is no match for a lower than average orc in a fight...and I got me 400 build points! Bwa ha ha ha! ork.gif
Cantankerous
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 7 2008, 05:15 PM) *
So what's your excuse? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark

BB

Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Grinder @ May 6 2008, 03:54 AM) *

Hogwash.

~J
Ryu
I am now a Shadowrunner!

So I´m able to choose my title. Found a box that will apparently do that. But what to put into it? Is there a list of "taken" titles?
BishopMcQ
No formal list exists to my knowledge. Be creative and you should be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012