Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attribute maxima
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raggedhalo
Hi folks,

I was just wondering if you could clear something up.

At the minute, my group play it so that magic, cyberware, bioware, etc. can enhance an Attribute by up to half its current rating, much like how Skill boosts work. Is this how it's intended in the RAW, or have we accidentally houseruled it? Page references appreciated where possible...

Cheers,
Joe
Stahlseele
that's pretty much a house-rule i'd say . . there is nothing wrong with str1(5) if you wanna take the muscle replacement 4 cyberware . .
cyber/bio/(magic?) can not augment an attribute above the racial modified limit x 1.5 rounded down . . so a troll with natural maximum of STR10 can not go above STR15 under any circumstances . . an elf with maximum of 7 agility can not go above 10 agility
JoelHalpern
As I understand RAW treats enhancing attrbiutes and skills differently.

Attributes can be enhanced up to racialMax * 1.5, no matter what the base value is.
Skills can be enhanced up to current*1.5.

(Of course, there are very few ways to actually enhance skills. Remember that many of the modifiers are dice pool bonuses, rather than skill or attribute bonuses, and therefore not subject to the cap.)

Yours,
Joel Halpern
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 8 2008, 06:16 AM) *
Remember that many of the modifiers are dice pool bonuses, rather than skill or attribute bonuses, and therefore not subject to the cap.)

Which, if you ask me, is a major problem. They should have utilized the limiting power of those caps to their utmost maximum possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012