Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Infiltration, astral perception and targetting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hat
Several rules questions, thanks for the assistance.

Anyone attempting to use infiltration to hide or sneak past guards rolls an opposed check against anyone or anything that could notice, correct? Which side benefits in the case of a tie and does it matter whether the individual hiding does something or whether the other side is actively looking?

For astrally perceiving beings (characters, spirits, whatever), do they use assensing or perception to notice the concealed individual? If they use assensing, do net hits then provide the level of detail that the standard assensing table provides? Also, does this mean that a tie goes to the person using infiltration?

Bonuses to infiltration based on the ruthium coating or whatever the stealth coating is called is neutralized by astral perception, but not the actual infiltration skill itself, correct?

For concealled characters do you usually have players make perception checks against infiltrated opponents or do a secret roll for them?

Thanks!

With a sweep of his....

Hat
Prime Mover
This is'nt an answer and maybe alittle off subject. Was thinking about infiltrating past astral security. What about critter form, does the aura of the critter give it away? I know you would have to mask your magic ability but does the critter forms aura appear as casters normal race or the critter?
Stahlseele
normal race, i'm pretty sure about that . . shape-shifters appear as the animal they shift from if they are looked at on the astral while in human form . . and if that does not apply, then the astral perceiving meany at least gets to see that there is some sort of spell
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Hat @ May 9 2008, 10:08 AM) *
Anyone attempting to use infiltration to hide or sneak past guards rolls an opposed check against anyone or anything that could notice, correct? Which side benefits in the case of a tie and does it matter whether the individual hiding does something or whether the other side is actively looking?

I believe general rule is ties goto the defender, in this case the person hiding. But I'd probably give the person trying to spot an additional modifier for his next scan, as "he saw something suspicious or out of the corner of his eye". He failed to see it, but he's on a higher alert.

For astrally perceiving beings (characters, spirits, whatever), do they use assensing or perception to notice the concealed individual? If they use assensing, do net hits then provide the level of detail that the standard assensing table provides? Also, does this mean that a tie goes to the person using infiltration?

Perception used to find still, they just have another form of vision. Much like low light or thermo. They can assense something once they have pinpointed it.

Bonuses to infiltration based on the ruthium coating or whatever the stealth coating is called is neutralized by astral perception, but not the actual infiltration skill itself, correct?

Yeah assensing gets rid of the ruthium, but infiltration still applies. You can still hide behind object (alive or non)

For concealled characters do you usually have players make perception checks against infiltrated opponents or do a secret roll for them?

Depends on the group (and whether I've remembered to record their perception skills before the session). I'd rather roll in secret, so they don't really know how high their roll is, or even that they made a roll.

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 9 2008, 10:11 AM) *
This is'nt an answer and maybe alittle off subject. Was thinking about infiltrating past astral security. What about critter form, does the aura of the critter give it away? I know you would have to mask your magic ability but does the critter forms aura appear as casters normal race or the critter?

Natural Form shows on astral. So it might look human, but if you are astrally perceiving, its a dragon. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012