Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with AI's...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
psionghost
Ok, I have a question is there any direct information on creation for AI's and what they can do? Either in the Core or supplement books? Or any vaild information someone has?

I know unwired is coming out soon, but till then I'm wanting to run a session with an AI yet don't really have anything to go on, Unless i missed something.

vladski
Get the old 2nd Edition book Renraku Arcology Shutdown (it came out towards the very end of 2nd Ed, right before the switch to 3rd.) Best book out there for AI's.

Unfortunately, I don't see it listed on eBay, so you may have to do a bit of an internet hunt on it. Maybe you can find it on PDF.

Vlad
Muspellsheimr
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=19657

Base the AI off of the Sprites. It is probably the best you will have until (and possibly after) Unwired is released.

If you decide to use the rules, but like many do not like how brain hacking is written out, I would suggest altering it to only work on full SIM users; full effects against Hot Sim, Cold Sim gives a bonus to resistance tests. Might be possible to hack someone with an active neural interfase (trodes, datajack) that is not running Sim, but it should be very difficult (large penalty to hacker &/or bonus to resistance test)
psionghost
Ok thanks for the help, I basicly did the sprite thing and made them little stronger, but guess i will wait for unwired, thanks for the info I'll check around for that book as well.

I've been running with some Horizon missions, and going off the stuff from the Corp Enclaves about the Quote from one of the hackers that tied into a Horizon R&D facility and got dumped by this Looming presence while he was in there. (not sure of page etc) So i ran with that idea that they have been breeding AI's lol
Dr Funfrock
QUOTE (vladski @ May 9 2008, 10:08 PM) *
Get the old 2nd Edition book Renraku Arcology Shutdown (it came out towards the very end of 2nd Ed, right before the switch to 3rd.) Best book out there for AI's.

Unfortunately, I don't see it listed on eBay, so you may have to do a bit of an internet hunt on it. Maybe you can find it on PDF.

Vlad

http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...products_id=795
Battleshop
$8 PDF

So worth it. Grab UB and Threats while you're there.
Jaid
SR4 AIs are not very much like SR3 AIs at all.

they are much more common, but also not nearly as powerful. iirc, the guidelines are to use stats as if they were sprites between rating 1 and rating 12, depending on the specific AI's strength. rating 12 sprites are certainly scary, but they are not nearly as scary as deus was.
Snow_Fox
an AI satrats with a mammoth audition that 5 months later gets down to two topics.
Aaron
If it was me needing stats for an AI without any info, I'd just treat it either like a regular hacker that can never jack out or like an agent with free will. That plus anything I could glean from Emergence should be enough to tide me over until the release date for Unwired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012