Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fragball
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bard4life
after seaching through alot of posts, I come arcos a spell called "fragball", was this in shadowrun 3 or earlier editions?

what is it and can someone still use it?
Method
In what thread did you see the term used? Some context would be helpful.

I have played SR since it hit the shelf in 89 and I don't recall ever seeing that particular spell before. I could be misremembering, but its also not listed in MitS' spell list. I could pull out Awakenings and the Grimoires...

EDIT: No such spell in Awakenings or the Grimoire 1. I don't want to dig out Grimoire 2 because it would be a pain in the ass to get too.
bard4life
I going a through theard called "Spell Selections", because I was trying figure what I need and what I didnt since I new to the game and I'm playing as a mage. Anyway this dude called "Big D" calls it the "drainness wonder" , did a search on this cat, he goes on to in other posts about how awesome is"Fragball", I would pm him about but most of his post are from '07. so no way to know that his still around these parts, cant google it also.
hyzmarca
Fragball is an airburst or impact-fused fragmentation grenade. All the utility of an high-force area-effect elemental metal spell with none of the drain.
CanRay
Grifball is a better spell.
reepneep
I'm pretty sure they just renamed it when it was ported to SR4. Look up 'Orgy' in the Street Magic spell listings.
Chrysalis
Fragball is a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams of nine players each. The goal of fragball is to score runs by hitting a thrown impact fused grenade with a bat and still be able to touch a series of four markers called bases arranged at the corners of a ninety-foot square, or diamond. Players on one team (the batting team) take turns hitting and covering while the other team (the fielding team) tries to stop them from scoring runs by getting hitters out in any of several ways, including mines and machine gun nests. A player on the batting team can stop at any of the bases and hope to score on a teammate's hit. The teams switch between batting and fielding whenever the fielding team gets three outs. One turn at bat for each team constitutes an inning; nine innings make up a professional game. The team with the most runs at the end of the game wins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012