Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [dumb question] Where are the rules for upgrading a vehicle's Sensors?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HentaiZonga
I can't seem to find them anywhere, and I'm working on making absurd combat-vehicle mods.
Sir_Psycho
There's iffy, horribly inconsistent and generally un-usably unclear rules to do with the Sensor rating being a product of sensors installed.

I just house rule it and give sensor upgrades the same pricing and availability as response chips. Apparently unwired might have a solution.
Larme
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ May 12 2008, 09:01 AM) *
There's iffy, horribly inconsistent and generally un-usably unclear rules to do with the Sensor rating being a product of sensors installed.

I just house rule it and give sensor upgrades the same pricing and availability as response chips. Apparently unwired might have a solution.

Actually the Arsenal errata is going to fix it up. Essentially it will give ratings to all the types of sensors that are currently unrated. Arsenal already says that a vehicle's Sensor rating is raised if you upgrade the ratings of all the sensors in its sensor package, but only like 3 types of sensors even have ratings. The rule I would use, which approximates how the errata will do it, is: every type of sensor has a rating from 1-6. The cost for sensors that don't have a rating in the book is base cost x rating. If you upgrade all the sensors in a vehicle's sensor package to a certain rating, then the vehicle's sensor rating will be raised to that rating.
Cain
Actually the Arsenal errata is going to fix it up.

Supposedly.

The rule I would use, which approximates how the errata will do it, is: every type of sensor has a rating from 1-6. The cost for sensors that don't have a rating in the book is base cost x rating. If you upgrade all the sensors in a vehicle's sensor package to a certain rating, then the vehicle's sensor rating will be raised to that rating.

Someone check me on this, but don't the higher ratings of Sensors include more devices? So something with more devices should have an equal or better Sensor rating than one with fewer, higher-powered devices?
nezumi
Rigger 3 should have everything you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012