Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crossing Borders
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hatspur
I'm curious as to how people handle crossing a border, in particular the Salish-Shidhe and Seattle border. As a GM I've always made the NAN border security kind of a joke as they have a small population in a huge area. The PCC has light border guards in the north and west, the Sioux have some strong ones in the east, and other than that its pretty light. Getting into Seattle is a little less of a joke depending on how large your vehicle is. Share your secrets of border hopping and what works best. Or share your secrets of the border patrol for what works best.
Snow_Fox
we kind of treatit like the m,odern US/Canadian border. If you're on the main roads it's a real crossing with enough hardwear on the official side to stop anything short of an MBT. BUT over all it's just too big a streatch of space and add ot that the border problems with SS and their Tsimmian neighbors to the north and the issues with TT to the south, it just isn't worth the man power to watch the bulk of it and if you mind your manners, the SS are not going to be too uptight about popping over the line. make a habit of being a pain and their're gonna keep an eye out for you in particular but in general it's pretty fluid.

Remember in real life just to the east of Seattle are mountains with passes-I've never in my life seen a wqeather report that included the words 'an the passes are all open' until my recent RL visit to Seattle. so that small coastal plain can still be easily contained if things go down because they can close the passes more easily. similarly the Olympic pennusula can be isolated and that can cut elliot Bay and Pueget Sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012