Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ally spirit and free spirit karma question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadPiper
When a Magician increases the force of an ally spirit, does this increase their skill ratings as well? And when a Free Spirit saves up enough karma (pg 107 SM) to increase its overall force, does it increase their skills also? Or is it separate cost?

Thank you! grinbig.gif
FrankTrollman
1. Yes.
2. Those skills which are associated with the spirit type, yes.

Free spirits can learn additional skills by purchasing them in the normal incredibly expensive fashion. Ally spirits can have additional skills grafted onto their list, at which point those skills become equal to Force as well.

-Frank
Fortune
Frank: Can you please give me a quote that describes Ally Spirits behaving in that fashion during a Ritual of Change?
FrankTrollman
The bonus ally skills are value=Force (p. 104). The Ritual of Change raises Force (p. 105). There's no quote available because nothing special happens at any point in this part of the process.

-Frank
Fortune
Ok thanks. I guess the key word there is 'bonus'. I was thinking that you were referring to any and all Skills an Ally might possess.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 16 2008, 09:04 AM) *
Ok thanks. I guess the key word there is 'bonus'. I was thinking that you were referring to any and all Skills an Ally might possess.

Actually, short of flesh form inhabiting allies, I am. The only ways an Ally has of getting skills are having it added to the spirit's skill list (in which case value=Force) and assuming it from an inhabited vessel after a flesh form merge (in which case they can't normally raise it at all).

-Frank
MadPiper
Thank you for the answer FrankTrollman. Much appreciated!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012