Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smaller Bursts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Emperor Tippy
If you have a full auto weapon you can fire a narrow, full burst with +9 DV and -9 recoil and use up 9 extra bullets. If you have a smartlink weapon could you decide to fire, say 6 extra bullets for +6 DV and -6 recoil as your narrow, full burst. I know that you fire smaller bursts if you don't have enough ammor to fire the whole burst, but I was wondering if you could select the size of the burst with a smartlink?

Cause it would be nice to be able to do an extra 4-5 damage so that you can 1 shot that guy without wasting the extra ammo or getting the extra recoil.
reepneep
If you wanted to stay within RAW, then no. In a more sane world you can easily select the number of rounds in a burst with practice and trigger control, no need for a smartgun.
Backgammon
Which was how it was in previous editions - you just chose the number of rounds you fired in FA.

I think the new rules are better, even if they are more constraining. But hey, it's easy enough to do the math - every bullet (after the first) is +1 DV -1 DP
Tarantula
You can do a long burst. Which just happens to be 6 bullets. Thats by RAW.

3 bullets = short burst
6 bullets = long burst or two short bursts
10 bullets = full auto

9 bullets = long burst followed by short burst

Are I believe all the possible combinations.
CanRay
20 bullets = Suppressive Fire, IIRC.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 25 2008, 02:02 AM) *
Which was how it was in previous editions - you just chose the number of rounds you fired in FA.

not iirc, you had to go in bursts of 3 unless you ran out of ammo...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012