Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using the Hacking Skill
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DeathCon
I have always added my Logic dice to my Hacking + (Program) Pool whenever I do actions on the Matrix, but one of my GMs has told me recently that you don't add Logic to the roll, it is just Raw Hacking Skill + Rating of the Program, that Logic is never added with Hacking. I looked through the books and sure enough it doesn't say Hacking + Logic + Program Rating, but wouldn't the attribute always affect the skill?
Cain
Short answer: no. Logic doesn't matter.
Jaid
QUOTE (Cain @ May 27 2008, 02:08 PM) *
Short answer: no. Logic doesn't matter.

isn't that pretty much the long answer too?
Cthulhudreams
The long answer is "No, logic doesn't matter, but many people have revolted against that and the house rule of 'logic + skill with hits limited by program rating' in the same vein as magic is a common house rule."

But yeah, logic doesn't matter.
Aaron
Why do those people hate Shadowrun?

Note: this post is tongue-in-cheek.
Earlydawn
I suspect that Unwired will make Logic critical for programming, as well as patching to keep your software SOTA. That said, the forum's house-rules are a good temporary alternative.
Cain
QUOTE (Earlydawn @ May 27 2008, 08:37 PM) *
I suspect that Unwired will make Logic critical for programming, as well as patching to keep your software SOTA. That said, the forum's house-rules are a good temporary alternative.

Logic is already important for programming, and gods help us if they implement more horrific SOTA rules.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012