Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWSRD
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aaron
One of my players commented that this should be posted on DS.

As the time for the Tuesday Night Game approached, my girl and I decided to play some Rock Band. As the game is loud (she's on vocals, I'm on drums), I posted a note on the building's front door which read, "Shadowrunners, please go around to the patio." They got the message, but this raises the question:1

If you were a shadowrunner, alone or part of a team, what would you do if you encountered a sign like this?

1It does not "beg the question." If someone says something "begs the question" and follows with a question, they're doing it wrong. Mock them.
PlatonicPimp
Sell the bodies to ghouls or organleggers. It turns potentially incriminating evidence into cashflow!
Fortune
I think I'd probably go around to the patio.

Or go get a coffee. biggrin.gif
DocTaotsu
That depends... am I getting paid to go around to the patio?
hyzmarca
I'd go around the patio, but I'd bring with me a SADM with a dead-man's switch just in cast it is a trap.
CircuitBoyBlue
Send the drones, check it out astrally, and hack the lawnchair.
Chrysalis
The question is not how paranoid are you, it are you paranoid enough.

-Chrysalis
kzt
Go the the club instead.
Emperor Tippy
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ May 28 2008, 02:17 AM) *
The question is not how paranoid are you, it are you paranoid enough.

-Chrysalis

And the answer is always "No, you are not paranoid enough".
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Emperor Tippy @ May 28 2008, 01:02 AM) *
And the answer is always "No, you are not paranoid enough".

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.
Emperor Tippy
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ May 28 2008, 03:15 AM) *

And the corollary: Someone is always out to get you.
Heath Robinson
Retreat, we've obviously been detected. If possible call in some favours with gangers to keep a watch on the place for further activity. Later on, return to get the job done. This time leave the gear heavy guys in the van, if shit hits it'll be more difficult for them to save our skins but the chances of avoiding it are higher without them.

Or, in Caracas, call up my Nurse and get her to warm up the ambulance - we're going to make a mess however it goes. We might also need an extraction. Ambulance is good for both.
OneThirtyEight
cancel the meet, then give an angry call to whoever set me up with such an idiot. smile.gif
Blade
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ May 28 2008, 09:15 AM) *

And it's not because you're paranoid that they aren't out to get you.
ArkonC
On the other hand, it's not because you're paranoid that they are out to get you... nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
Depends... Are we playing in LA? Because that might affect the P2.0 rating if we're seen with the heavy hitter Shadowrunners...
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (kzt @ May 28 2008, 01:47 AM) *
Go the the club instead.

Lame. You won't get karma that way.
mrslamm0
Drive a car thru the building and come out of the car guns blazing =p

kanislatrans
I would circle the block and find a nearby building that gives me LOS on the patio and check for an ambush. if all looks clear , I would then make a soft probe on the astral plane. If all still clear, I would find a ganger and pay him 500 nuyen.gif to deliver a package to the patio. If the ganger didn't get ambushed,I would call upon the spirit of the area and ask for assistance and then cast invisabilly on my self cautiously enter the area,shotgun at the ready.

Upon discovering that the only thing going on is a bunch of people playing some role playing game, I would pilfer all the mountain dew and doritos , and go look for some work that is a little better paying.... wobble.gif wobble.gif
tsuyoshikentsu
Okay, so obviously this is a set-up by the Johnson. Hacker, hit up your sources; trace whatever you can on him. Mage, go astral, send some watchers to the patio. Snipers, take up a position with a clear line of fire a few hundred yards away. If you need to geek someone in the adjacent houses to get a good position, do it quietly and hide the bodies. Chrome-dome... you and me, we're gonna bust this door down once we get the all-clear.
JeffSz
Turn up my hearing enhancement and select sound filter to determine if I hear Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Yep. All's clear.

If all is silent, I dive through the front window and pop the tabs on a pair of grenades (Petite Brume/thermo-smoke), draw my custom smartlinked predator, and switch to Radar. Then apologize for the smoke damage and the broken window when I find my friend reading by the pool.
Kingboy
How many pounds of C12 do I have on me, that's the question?
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Kingboy @ May 28 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Yes, but it's a question the GM has to ask you. Also, it's generally a yes/no question.
Aaron
QUOTE (Kingboy @ May 28 2008, 01:03 PM) *

If I was your GM, my answer would probably be "none" unless your question was rhetorical.
masterofm
Send in the roto-drone with the holographic emitter.... oh yeah and 30 kg of r16 plastic explosives. If anyone messes with that drone they will be one dead fool..... then again everyone within a one block radius will also be dead... and foolish for living near that house.

Also the person who suggested hacking the lawn chair actually made me lol.

*edit* this is what our team would do

First the dwarf mage and ork mage would do a halo drop onto the porch rocking the invisibility, movement, conceil, and fly. The adept gunner would fire a rocket from 40k feet at any transmissions the building was broadcasting and try to coordinate the rocket strike with the mages landing. The dwarf mage would suggest that they then strap themselves to really large rockets that they brought with them on the halo drop and blast off of them if anything happens.... and the idea is then unanimously shot down. Instead after any threat is cleared the v-toll plane will swoop down and extract the team. Of course the mission will go horribly wrong, and the ork mage will end up riddled with bullets, and will probably have to halo drop the rest of the team onto the sight to secure the LZ and stabilize the mage. Our team is amazing when doing all the high end runs requested of us, but when you are dealing with something extremely simple we generally totally blow it. A Zero point facility? No problem. A patio or porch? At least half if not more of the party will terribly wounded, and the two mages will probably burn through at least half of their spirit tasks.

*edit*
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (masterofm @ May 28 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Our team is amazing when doing all the high end runs requested of us, but when you are dealing with something extremely simple we generally totally blow it. A Zero point facility? No problem. A patio or porch? At least half if not more of the party will terribly wounded, and the two mages will probably burn through at least half of their spirit tasks.

*edit*

Are you a member of my gaming group, and I just somehow missed it? Every SR group I've been in has had the exact same problem.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Knock on the door. If you go around to the patio, then the note applied to you and you are admitting you are a shadowrunner, a criminal.
weblife
Bloody brilliant. Put that note on any facility where you expect a runner attack. It will protect better than any amount of security could. smile.gif
masterofm
If you have a dedicated cook who made tomato bisque, garlic bread, and a salad at last session then yes I am in your group. Also planning to make eggplant or chicken strip sandwiches with pesto-aole mayo, tomatoes, honey mustard, and some other fixings. It might not sound all the yummy, but it is since I made some before wanting to have my group eat it.
weblife
Eggplant. I have yet to be convinced of one single thing an eggplant is better for, than something else. Its like there, but useless, or filling in for something that could be even better if it wasn't an eggplant.

Like layers in a lasagna or, frag it, meat replacement! The horror!

Tasteless rubbery/squishy thingy! Begone! smile.gif
masterofm
I'm going to try and bake it for a little while to remove some of the water. Then I'm going to spread herbs onto it (mainly Italian seasonings) and then serve it up in small strips. One of our players is a vegetarian. I was thinking of maybe having zuchinni instead, but it is sort of a toss up right now, since I would probably have to throw in caramelized onions... then again.... O.K. guess I'm making zuchinni with caramelized onions in the sandwich instead.
kzt
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 28 2008, 07:48 AM) *
Lame. You won't get karma that way.

Won't get dead either.
Chrysalis
If I saw the note, I knew I would be at the wrong address. The rest of the group would end up asking me to go anyways, which would involve mugging and dressing up as a girl scout and ringing the doorbell, while the rest of the team sits in the van and records the whole transaction. Besides can even a shadowrunner say no to girl scout cookies?

-Chrysalis
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (kzt @ May 28 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Won't get dead either.

Sure you will. Just might take longer. Or maybe not, if you were to spend the karma right.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 28 2008, 06:30 AM) *
Send the drones, check it out astrally, and hack the lawnchair.

The psychotropic IC in the lawn chair convinces you you are a garden gnome. The rest of the team finds you two weeks latter in Bruge trying to save people money on their vacations.
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (masterofm @ May 28 2008, 03:41 PM) *
If you have a dedicated cook who made tomato bisque, garlic bread, and a salad at last session then yes I am in your group. Also planning to make eggplant or chicken strip sandwiches with pesto-aole mayo, tomatoes, honey mustard, and some other fixings. It might not sound all the yummy, but it is since I made some before wanting to have my group eat it.

Ok, so CAN you be in my gaming group?

QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ May 28 2008, 05:42 PM) *
The psychotropic IC in the lawn chair convinces you you are a garden gnome. The rest of the team finds you two weeks latter in Bruge trying to save people money on their vacations.

Damn, World, you got me cornered again.
kzt
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 28 2008, 03:29 PM) *
Sure you will. Just might take longer. Or maybe not, if you were to spend the karma right.

Ever read "Oath of Fealty"? "IF YOU GO THROUGH THIS DOOR, YOU WILL BE KILLED." Nobody would really mean that, now would they? wink.gif
masterofm
You in the Bay Area? If so then send me a line.
CircuitBoyBlue
No. Sadly, the closest "bay" to where I live is on Lake Erie.
Cantankerous
QUOTE (Aaron @ May 28 2008, 06:45 AM) *
One of my players commented that this should be posted on DS.

As the time for the Tuesday Night Game approached, my girl and I decided to play some Rock Band. As the game is loud (she's on vocals, I'm on drums), I posted a note on the building's front door which read, "Shadowrunners, please go around to the patio." They got the message, but this raises the question:1

If you were a shadowrunner, alone or part of a team, what would you do if you encountered a sign like this?

1It does not "beg the question." If someone says something "begs the question" and follows with a question, they're doing it wrong. Mock them.

IC: Walkaway fast. When I got far enough away I'd call my chummer Blue Skie, who is da fraggin' bomb for scrambling intercept signals, call those bozos and read them the riot act...in all four stanzas!

BB
Dr Funfrock
Nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.
DireRadiant
We stood there looking at the note, and all we knew was that moment of "uhoh", time for plan B. Improvise!

First we had to figure out where the patio was! smile.gif
Aaron
I gave you an arrow, what more do you want?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 2 2008, 11:20 AM) *
I gave you an arrow, what more do you want?

Detailed map and GPS coordinates of course!

Oh, don't mind the GPS request, it's not that our rigger isn't prepping a guided bomb for that position...
Mordinvan
Call in your level 6 contact at aries and hen target the site for a thor shot as soon as you're clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012