Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paris Hilton's Hellhound
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HeavyMetalYeti
Greetings all,

I have a few questions for those with the answers.

1) Are there any awakened ‘toy’ breeds of dogs that are duel natured?
2) What other abilities do they posses other than astral perception?
3) How do they react to someone Astrally perceiving them?
4) How do they react to canine shamans?
5) What about feline shamans?

Thanks for any answers or ideas.

weblife
1. In a world with non-surgical cat-girls, there will be awakened chi-hua-hua's as well.

2. Refer to similar critter and you decide.

3. Like any other dog, if they notice. If you stare a dog in the eyes it will either feel threatened or allow you to cow it, depending on your posture and its training. So in most cases no reaction what-so-ever unless you obviously challenge it.

4. Perhaps with reaction pattern slanted as if they were another dog, however, they treat humans the same way, we are just placed at Alpha automatically if the dog is trained properly. The reason dogs fight is because there is no Given pecking order when they first meet.

5. Again, mostly a question of proper training, the stereotype of dogs hating cats is just that. Its big predator vs. smaller predator, small one runs, big one chases. If its a big cat, small dog might run if feeling threatened. A feline shaman is a bloody big cat, but unless hostile it should react as it would to pretty much any other shaman.

Malicant
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jun 2 2008, 09:24 AM) *
1) Are there any awakened ‘toy’ breeds of dogs that are duel natured?

Typo of the day. "I choose you, my duel natured chihuahua." biggrin.gif

I'd say there are definetly some breeds of "toy-pets" that are awakened, at least since SURGE. With supply, there is demand, there is money to be made.
paws2sky
Am I the only one thinking of a Pomeranian with Talis Cat-like powers?

-paws
JeffSz
how about a Pomeranian with HMHVV? "You made a vampire Pomeranian?!"
Malicant
How did he make the Pomeranian a human in the first place, so it could be infected with HMHVV? biggrin.gif
nezumi
I think what you're looking for would actually be a blackberry cat or possibly a talis cat. I'm not aware of any magical dogs that aren't vicious. Cats, meanwhile, are friendly, trendy and stylish.
Malicant
Cats are evil.
paws2sky
QUOTE (Malicant @ Jun 2 2008, 09:41 AM) *
Cats are evil.

No, cats are fine, friendly animals.

<<from: corp_cat>>
<<to: sec_strike_team>>
<<hows' the trace and burn on this 'malicant' person going?>>
Malicant
Crap, I blew my cover. You'll never get me alive! Long live the Anti-Cat Liberation Front!
JeffSz
How did he make the Pomeranian a human in the first place, so it could be infected with HMHVV? biggrin.gif

Lots of viruses can adapt from Humans to other animals. Just like Bird Flu can kill people. nyahnyah.gif
Malicant
But Bird Flu is not an awakend virus that targets metagenes. nyahnyah.gif
Chrysalis
Who cares about the Science! (The capitalized S and the exclamation mark indicate that this is mad scientist (pseudo) science) this is about a dual natured chihuahua to go with a dual natured Paris Hilton analog.

Besides we all know E! is run by bugs.

-Chrysalis
nezumi
Cats are evil.

That too is technically true, but that doesn't stop them from being generally agreeable and socially superior.
Ed_209a
Cats are evil.

Cats generally emotionally need your approval much less than dogs.

...as befitting a descendant of a solitary ambush predator.

Many could not care less if you hate them, as long as you feed them and pet them on demand.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Malicant @ Jun 2 2008, 10:39 AM) *
But Bird Flu is not an awakend virus that targets metagenes. nyahnyah.gif

...yet!
Malicant
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Jun 2 2008, 06:22 PM) *
Cats generally emotionally need your approval much less than dogs.

But they emotionally need my hands to open doors or food. Those are the moments where cats are really funny. And of course when they fall down from things (trees, stairs, roofs, etc)
CanRay
IIRC, there was a Poodle/Hellhound crossbreed in one of the rulebooks somewhere...

Looked just like a poodle until you astrally assensed it. Then you got a very big surprise!
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 2 2008, 10:38 AM) *
I think what you're looking for would actually be a blackberry cat or possibly a talis cat. I'm not aware of any magical dogs that aren't vicious. Cats, meanwhile, are friendly, trendy and stylish.

Yes, that's exactly what a vapid rich girl needs, a cat with mind control powers.
apollo124
Well, at least there would be one mind in charge of the situation. wink.gif

Besides, who's to say the cat would make people do what the girl wanted, and not make the girl do what the cat wanted?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Jun 3 2008, 10:52 AM) *
Well, at least there would be one mind in charge of the situation. wink.gif

Besides, who's to say the cat would make people do what the girl wanted, and not make the girl do what the cat wanted?

Blackberry cats make everybody do what the cat wants, with a few high-willpower exceptions. A Finnish religious sect called the Children of Uranus was run entirely by a Blackberry cat using its mind control powers. It wasn't a huge plot or anything. Apparently, the cat was just having fun.
nezumi
Really though, what does Paris Hilton do that a blackberry cat would seriously interfere with? At least she'd remember to put her underwear on and might not get so tanked she throws up on other people. In fact, now that I think about it, with a blackberry cat she might become downright respectable.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 3 2008, 11:21 AM) *
Really though, what does Paris Hilton do that a blackberry cat would seriously interfere with? At least she'd remember to put her underwear on and might not get so tanked she throws up on other people. In fact, now that I think about it, with a blackberry cat she might become downright respectable.

The Blackberry would use her to gain a foothold in Hollywood. Eventually, studio executives will mysteriously greenlight three-hundred-million dollar biblical epics starring the Blackberry cat with all cat casts.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 3 2008, 01:17 PM) *
IIRC, there was a Poodle/Hellhound crossbreed in one of the rulebooks somewhere...

Looked just like a poodle until you astrally assensed it. Then you got a very big surprise!

while i dont recall reading about that, i recall a story in awakenings about someone with a hellhound pet.
or more correctly about a awakened private detective that ends up working for someone that owns a hellhound as a pet...
nezumi
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jun 3 2008, 11:34 AM) *
The Blackberry would use her to gain a foothold in Hollywood. Eventually, studio executives will mysteriously greenlight three-hundred-million dollar biblical epics starring the Blackberry cat with all cat casts.

I'd pay to watch that! Might make that play Cats actually worth watching.
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 3 2008, 11:36 AM) *
while i dont recall reading about that, i recall a story in awakenings about someone with a hellhound pet.
or more correctly about a awakened private detective that ends up working for someone that owns a hellhound as a pet...

That's the one I'm thinking of!

I thought it was a cross-breed.
Apathy
I once ran a shadowrun where the runners were supposed to steal an awakened dachshund from some rich socialite types for a research lab. The dachshund had innate use of the Influence (Protect Me) spell. They were supposed to just steal it long enough for the lab to extract some eggs and be returned without the pet's owners knowing. Alas, it didn't work out.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 4 2008, 02:48 AM) *
That's the one I'm thinking of!

I thought it was a cross-breed.

i checked, and yes, its a cross-breed. but it never says what kind of mundane dog race its crossed with that i can find.

all i see that describes the dog is white and well mannered. to me that can be anything from a poodle to a terrier...
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 4 2008, 01:15 AM) *
i checked, and yes, its a cross-breed. but it never says what kind of mundane dog race its crossed with that i can find.

all i see that describes the dog is white and well mannered. to me that can be anything from a poodle to a terrier...

Ah, OK. I must have just pictured the stereotype of the old lady with the Poodle in my head then. smile.gif

And now my security forces will have Teacup Poodle-Hellhounds at one site!!! vegm.gif
apollo124
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 3 2008, 11:21 AM) *

Actually, think about this for a moment. Vain, petty, always wanting attention on her, constantly seeking her next pleasure, mating with abandon. I think maybe Paris has a spike baby Blackberry cat already. The chihuahua is a mental illusion covering the cat! rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
hobgoblin
or a physical mask as it even registers on cameras...
Kronk2
So could we say she has a huckleberry hound?
hobgoblin
maybe, seems i have to read up on the critters wink.gif
ludomastro
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 3 2008, 01:23 PM) *
I'd pay to watch that! Might make that play Cats actually worth watching.

Nothing would make Cats worth watching. Nothing.

Watching cats on the other hand? Always worth watching. Just remember, they were worshiped in Ancient Egypt as gods. We may have forgotten that, but they haven't.
Cardul
QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 5 2008, 12:34 AM) *
Watching cats on the other hand? Always worth watching. Just remember, they were worshiped in Ancient Egypt as gods. We may have forgotten that, but they haven't.

Speak for yourself. I, and my cats, are both fully aware that I remember that. Which is also why they seem to get away with laying in the middle of the hallway at night(and, considering it dark carpet, and solid black cats...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012