Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Art
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
phelious fogg
Just wondering if any of you dumpshockers do have any artistic talents, or want to strech thier artistic muscles as it were. I'm looking for shadowrun art basically, pictures of runners, or cool scenes or something that people have drawn or inked or such. If you have anything in a digital medium that would be wonderful, especially if you could post a link.

<<In case you are curious I was trying to google for a good picture of an orc that wasnt totally comic looking, same goes for trolls. Then I thought, what about other shadowrun art other than whats in the books. Finally I thought I would ask this large group of shadowrun people if they ever did any, and here I am.>>
Fortune
One place to try might be the Shadowrun Art Group.
Shadow
This is a pic that my wife drew of her character. It doesn't scream SR but it is still cool.
Fortune
Nice. If I had the $$$, I'd be getting her to draw up something for me. smile.gif
Arethusa
There is an absolutely wonderful picture in the Spral Survival Guide on page 50. I have hated almost every single illustration I have ever seen in all of the Shadowrun books, but this picture is one I still find remarkably compelling, even outside of its Shadowrun context. I'd post it if not for lack of image hosting.
BumsofTacoma
if only i had a scannr i would litter this board with links to my SR drawings.

i have been drawing sr characters since i sstarted playing 8 years ago.
Dogsoup
No digicam either?
Synner
The Dumpshock boards don't allow for direct image-linking anyway, so not much point in that.

Regardless, anyone interested is invited to join the SR Amateur Artgroup (thanks Fortune) and post their stuff. It already includes quite a few illustrations by us fans and more go up every once in a while (which reminds me I'm way past overdue).
The Burning One
There was an old thread in the Lounge (pre closure) which listed a great number of websites featuring Shadowrun artwork. Both book covers and original. Does anyone know where I might find said thread?
RedmondLarry
You can also search old forums at http://jive.dumpshock.com/default/

Three artwork threads are thread 7285, thread 3636, thread 2407.
DV8
QUOTE (The Burning One)
There was an old thread in the Lounge (pre closure) which listed a great number of websites featuring Shadowrun artwork. Both book covers and original. Does anyone know where I might find said thread?
The Burning One
Thanks for the link to the archived forums. The one I was looking at was this Old Art Thread.

TBO
Dogsoup
Elfwood artist 1

Elfwood artist 2

Elfwood artist 3

Elfwood artist 4 (Not that much SR really.)

Elfwood artist 5 (A word of warning though, a somewhat different drawing style than you're used to...)

Elfwood artist 6

Some pics accompanying archetypes.

Very cool artist IMO

And one final Elfwood artist
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Shadow)
This is a pic that my wife drew of her character. It doesn't scream SR but it is still cool.

:jawdrop:

That's incredible work!
Brand
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Dec 15 2003, 05:38 AM)

That's incredible work!

Thanks smile.gif I'm the wife. If you want to look at my best stuff visit my website. I am still offering %20 off to anyone who orders from Dumpshock, just put your DSF username in the email and mention you saw the post on DSF.
Mr. Man
QUOTE (Dogsoup)
Very cool artist IMO

Thank you!

I was looking for that page a while ago but the search engine for the old forums wasn't bringing it up.
John Campbell
If you're looking for orks and trolls, this recent thread has some good stuff buried amongst the random blather. I especially recommend the picture of the ork woman on SSG p.89. It's a much more realistic style than usual Prescott OMG BEWBIES! stuff SR3 is prone to.

Towards the end of that one, I linked a random troll chick that the thread inspired me to draw.

I think the only other original Shadowrun art I've got online, or even here where I could scan it, is my sketch of my current PC, Sven the Viking dwarf enchanter/combat sorcerer. (Also in badly colored headshot for use on his character sheet. (Those may not look right if you're using IE... everyone I care about uses Mozilla, which has massively better PNG and CSS support.))
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Brand)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Jan 14 2004, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Dec 15 2003, 05:38 AM)

That's incredible work!

Thanks smile.gif I'm the wife. If you want to look at my best stuff visit my website. I am still offering %20 off to anyone who orders from Dumpshock, just put your DSF username in the email and mention you saw the post on DSF.

love.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
love.gif

I believe she's taken! wink.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fortune @ Jan 15 2004, 12:41 AM)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Jan 15 2004, 08:57 AM)
love.gif

I believe she's taken! wink.gif

frown.gif

embarrassed.gif

facelick.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012