Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know where to get maps?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jayhawk1106
I made some runs for me and my group, but I was wanting some maps. I'm not creative at drawing any up. lol Anyone know any good sites to visit for printing some out?
Wesley Street
What kind are you looking for? City, regional or building?
Jimson
Maps of what? Seattle, houses, office buildings?
Wesley Street
Jinx!
Jayhawk1106
Oh, lol. Sorry. Maps to like a building. Like some smaller corp building or something like that.
Wesley Street
This could get you started. I don't think you'll find exactly what you're looking for on the Internet. But, honestly, an office building or lab facility isn't that difficult to draw with a ruler, a compass and some graph paper. Think about what the building would be used for, how real life office buildings work and take it from there. I think Sprawl Sites has a corp office archetype.
Jimson
I have a few links, but nothing for corp. buildings.

http://www.thehousedesigners.com/
http://www.newhomes.com/illinois/illinois_..._new_homes.html

Not sure if these will help, but they maybe useful at somepoint.

Since one on the jinx Wesley Street.

Jayhawk1106
Ok, so it seems everybody just makes up their own thing or googles something. Ok, I guess I was asking mainly cuz I didn't know if archetecture in the future would be any different. So I'll just google something quick, and add security procedures to it from the SR4 book. Thanks for the advice! grinbig.gif
Mercer
Floorplans are pretty easy to scare up online, but if you need something specific that doesn't look like it was done by a drunk monkey, draw your floorplan out on graph paper and the photocopy it. The copy will remove the blue lines, and leave with a (hopefully) usuable map.

It's also easy to bang out a simple floorplan in Paint. I typically select a thick line, make a bunch of overlapping boxes, erase everything but the "footprint" of the building, and use a thinner line to fill out the interior rooms. It's also pretty easy to make a perfectly symetrical building by making half of it, copying and flipping it. So if you can't find what you need in an existing plan, you should be able to cobble something together fairly easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012