Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Grey
<IC thread for the Misfits game>
Grey
Its early on a Saturday morning, much to early for anyone to fully awake and active yet. There is a slight drizzle outside, but thankfully it doesn't seem to be raining acid today. Things have been a little slow lately in the hood, no real gang battles, no screams in the night... the barrens don't seem like that bad of a place to live right about now, but deep down, you know some things never change...

There is a knock at the front door.
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo was about to put his breakfast burrito in the microwave when he heard the knocking at the door. "Hey man, can somebody get that or... something?" he called out in what he thought was a booming voice, but which came across as a rather mellow voice. Hoping someone else would get it, he just stood in front of the aging device and watched his burrito spin round and round.

When another knock was met with silence, the "old" dwarf kind of huffed before turning to toddle towards the door. He passed by the living room and saw several of the kids sitting around watching cartoons on the trid. "Don't let me disturb you, man..." he mutters out as he continued along his way.

Right before Cosmo was able to reach for the knob, he heard the microwave signal that it's done and he was left with a moment of uncertainy -- answer the door or retrieve the burrito before it got cold. Decisions, decisions. He looked at the door, then towards the kitchen, then back to the door again. Another sigh preceded his fingers grasping the locks, unfastening them, then turning the knob and opening the door wide.

He just sort of stood there, staring at whoever was waiting on the other side. His rose-colored glasses were doing little to shield his eyes from the relatively bright light outside.

"What is it, man?"
Grey
Sitting on the pourch, just in front of the door, is a small black box with a red X on the top. Cosmo glances up to see a kid on a skateboard kicking his way down the street, just before he turns a corner and disappears.
Ol' Scratch
After his eyes adjust to the lighting, Cosmo simply watches the punk kid skate off. He then just stands there in his boxers and a t-shirt. He spots the p-sec laying there, and his attention turns to focus on that for a bit.

Five minutes pass as he just stares, occassionally pausing to scratch himself through his shorts. He then remembers his burrito in the microwave. "Aww man." The dwarf sighs again, then goes to shut the door. But for some reason he pauses and looks back out onto the porch. Several steps bring him closer to the funny-looking device, which he then proceeds to pick up and sort of knock on the side a few times.

"Curiouser and curiouser," he says just under his breath as he walks back inside and locks the door behind himself. His attention is focused on the p-sec as he punches a few buttons to see if it's in working order on his way back into the kitchen.
Grey
The Pocket Secritary comes to life as Cosmo picks it up. The small screen lights up as text begins to scroll through the display.

Hello Cosmo and welcome to the Exchange.

You are now a member of a vast network of people working together.  From time to time, you will be asked to do certain things, via this device.  In return for your services, you will be karmicly awarded”.

One message pending.
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo continued trudging back into the kitchen, studying the p-sec along the way. When it came to life, he just stared at the screen for a moment. "Duuuuuude."

Before checking to see what message he had waiting, the skinny dwarf popped open the microwave to discover that, yes, his burrito has grown cold during his absense. "Cripes." He closed the door and punched a random number into the behemoth device and hit the START button.

He turned around and leaned back against the counter, still studying the pocket secretary. With only the mildest hit of trepidation -- or was it just him being a bit absent-minded? -- he finally reached up and pushed the sequence of keys that would access the message...
Grey
Hosts-R-Us is a mainframe company that sells time and space on their hosts to people who don’t want on of their own.  Its security isn’t the best, but most people don’t need a lot of security for what they use the company for.  What most people don’t know is that they have a highly secured host that branch off their main system for people that have the money and need to make sure their data is kept away from probing eyes.

The Exchange requests that you infiltrate this system and remove any files in reference to The Mona Lisa Project.
Ol' Scratch
Before Cosmo got a chance to finish reading his message, the deafening siren of the microwave caught his attention. "Oooh," he whispered as he sat the p-sec down on the counter and wiggled his fingers in anticipation. Opening the microwave door, he pulled out the breakfast burrito and made sure it was warmed through. Satisfied, he tossed it on a paper plate and turned to head up to his bedroom.

It only took him seven-and-a-half steps to remember the pocket secretary -- something of a world's record for him here in the meat world. He turned around and snagged the crimson device and decided to finish reading it on his way upstairs.

"Sounds easy enough," he mused to himself. "I haven't been on one of those systems in a long while." The fact that he was oblivious to how the device knew his name or was asking him to commit such an act was curious in and of itself.
Kurukami
Cheng shuffled out from the nest of blankets she'd arranged in one of the living room's corners, rubbing sleep-sand from her eyes as she moved steadily towards the kitchen. An extra-extra-large Tacoma Timberwolves tee served as a makeshift nightgown, though on her frame (given her near two meters of height and buxom, broad-shouldered build) it scarcely provided a modicum of decency, and fleece-lined Amerind slippers kept her feet warm. She absentmindedly tucked a lock of dark hair behind one delicately pointed ear, yawned cavernously, and retrieved a LeanPocket microwaveable snack from the fridge.

Note to self... she thought as she slipped the TasteeMeat product into its warming sleeve to nuke it. Three hours of sleep, despite youth and caffeine, just does not suffice. It was good to have a place to crash while laying low after the heat of that last run, but the energy of the swarm of adolescents that were always here made Cheng (at the advanced age of 21) feel quite old at times. Particularly on such a meager amount of sleep, and even with the ameliorating effects of the sleep regulator. She peered out the side window as the microwave hummed its way towards warming her breakfast, making sure that the Jackrabbit remained well-concealed in the undergrowth by the side alley that lead to the backyard. So far, it appeared that no one had disturbed it... but given the uproar that had followed in the tracks of her last run, a bit of anxiety in maintaining a low profile was a wise choice, and Cheng always preferred to have a means for a quick getaway prepared.

Some thoughtful soul -- Cosmo, perhaps, since he was already leaning against the counter studying something and munching on a burrito -- had already brewed a pot of soykaf. She carefully poured herself a mug, warmed her hands on the heat emanating from it, and glanced over towards Coz. He appeared to have something that looked like a p-sec in one hand as he ate. "What's that? Isn't it a bit early in the morning to be calling somebody?"
Shockwave_IIc
Walking slowly back along the side if the road on her way back from the local corner shop, carry a small selection of food stuffs on the inside of her jacket. Mo stops to look up at the sky through the rain clouds....

"At least i can see the sun today..." the rain fall onto her face as she comments to no one in particular. Of cause it was i small lie, all she could see was a small diffused glow coming from behind the clouds.

Continuing on she takes a short cut through a half collapsed abandon building, climbing over the fallen rumble she wince's as her leg sends a sharp pain up left side. "Lap Sap....not good, not good at all" she stands there for a second, getting her breath abck and remembering the time when she broke her leg slipping down a single stair, which lead to the memory of the time when running through a door her jacket got caught yanked her of her feet and broke her arm when she landed. The sound of someone apporching brought ther back to the present.

"Mo. Mo, you ok?"
Phew, it's only Grave stone. "Yeah, fine, just getting some bits for breakfast. Hows you and the rest? doing ok? Staying out of trouble?" Knowing full well it wasn't true.

"Yeah the lads are doing k, hey let me give you a hand with that." Take the shoppng off Mo heads back to the street
"Ya know you, might be better if you stuck to the street, At least this way the lads an i can keep and eye out, make sure your alrite an all."

Continuing on her way back following Grave stone she reaches the dorm a little while later. Thanking Grave Stone, She enters the Dorm her eyes not needing to adjust the gloom as she close's the door behind her. walking past the young un's watching the trid she taps each one once on the shoulder once shes has their attension she tells them five minutes then it's time for food.

Walking towards the kitchen she spots Cosmo eating the last mouth full of burrito, "Your up early. And dressed as well." She says with a smile on her lips. Pearing over his shoulder she questions "Where you find that?" While waving a new jar of Soycafe.
Ol' Scratch
As both Cheng and Mo simultaneously assault the stoner dwarf with a barrage of questions (okay, so it was only two questions that basically asked the same thing -- but it's all relative), Cosmo kind of just looks up with a confused look on his face. How you're able to distinguish 'confused' from his normal expression is a puzzle in and of itself.

"What's that? Isn't it a bit early in the morning to be calling somebody?"

"Huh," he managed to eek out through the last bite of his burrito. "Some dude, like, lef... wait a tick, what do you mean early in the morning, man? It's like s..." he's about to finish as he checks his Math SPU's chronometer. "Well cripes, man, I forgot to sleep again."

He seems to lose track of the original question as he sort of stands there in a dazed stupor, trying to remember what he was about to go do.
Shockwave_IIc
Stopping in her tracks at the sound of a voice she heard but couldn't put a name to. Putting the shopping down she pears slowly into the kitchen...

"Cheng!! 当您这里得到了?, 你好吗?多久您停留?" as she runs over and trys to wrap her arms around her getting swallowed up in the size difference. "Tell all about it! hang on, got to make breakfast for the little ones"
Ol' Scratch
As Mo and Cheng get their groove on, Cosmo seems to have an epiphany.

"Dude, like... I'm not trying to make a phone call, man. Some guy, like, left me this p-sec outside and when I picked it up I was, like... whoa. It knew who I was and stuff. Now it's all asking me to get online and do something for it in exchange for some good karma. It's not like I'm a buddhist or anything, man, but it still sounds kinda interesting. You two wanna, like, hop online with me and see what's up?" It took him nearly two minutes to get all of that out.

When he finally finished asking, he sat the p-sec on the counter and slid it towards Cheng so she could have a look. He felt a rumbling in his tummy and considered nuking another burrito, but realized that would require, like, work and stuff. Ugh. More decisions, man...
Grey
The screen scrolls.

The Exchange is not for Cosmo only, but for all the Misfits.
Elfie
A pair of black pools looked up at the overcast Seattle sky. "Rain again today. Could be worse, I guess." The rat sitting next to him twitched its nose and scurried off. With a yawn and a stretch, Ali looked across the skyline from his vantage point on top of a half collapsed building. He could just make out the edge of the 'better' part of town. To think, they call us vermin... Looking around, at the remains of what used to be a home, the stucco all crumbled away, he lamented the fact that anything of value had been carried off ages ago. Zipping up his jacket, Ali began to pick his way down off the roof when he caught something moving out of the corner of his eye.

That skateboard would make a nice gift for one of the young'uns... Before he could do anything about it, the kid was around a corner and out of his line of sight. Making it to the street, Ali turned to look back into the dark corner of the building. It just looked like a black hole to him Looks just like some grid's I've been on. Makes ya wonder, where the grids end and 'here' begins.

Turning his back on the building one last time, Ali made his way back to the dorm. His hopes of snagging one of Coz' burrito's sank when he walked in on Cheng, Mo, and Coz' himself in the kitchen. His eyes made their way over each in turn before stopping on the shiny object Coz seemed to be mulling over. He always seems to be mulling something over. If he had nothing to think about, he'd probably mull that over. "G'mor....Woah, wiz toy there, Coz! I didn't snag that, where'd you get it?" That being the first question in his mind. The second question was how could he get it away from Coz long enough to play with it.
Shockwave_IIc
Hearing a rumble from behind her she stops in the middle of preparing the breakfast, she turns round and looks at Cheng then at Cosmo, back at Cheng again at Cosmo, At which point Ali walks in.

"So which one is the hungry one?"

Turning back to the counter and the breakfast "So who did you say left it? and whats it wanting you to do?"
Ol' Scratch
Another barrage of questions come hurling Cosmo's way -- this time from Mo and the suspected burrito thief of days gone by, Ali -- and it's becoming more and more obvious that he's just not prepared to handle all the stress this early in the morning.

"Man, like I was saying, some dude I've never seen before, like, left it outside, man. He was already half way down the block by the time I got to the door and stuff. It was, like, sitting on the swing outside and I was all, like, 'dude.' And when I picked it up and it said hello, I was all, 'whoa.' It wants us to go hack into some kiddie host and remove a bunch of files or something. Dunno why, man, but it seems like a cakewalk. I'm kinda interested in seeing what becomes of it. I've 'eard about this, uh... cripes, what ws it ca... oh yeah, this Exchange network before. And, uhh... what am I talking about again, man?" This one took a good three minutes to get out.

Cosmo stands a bit more erect and waddles up close to Mo, lifting his oversized nose up to sniff at what she's cooking. "That smells good, Mo. Can you, like, make me some and stuff?"
Shockwave_IIc
"Sure. make some for you, but the young'uns go first." Sensing Ali's grin more than seeing it. " Your not counting, have to eat with the rest of us"

"Remove some files? how's it know us?"

Noting that no explaintion will be forth coming from Cosmo, for the time being at least.

"Suppose we could take a look. After breakfast though."

Turning to Cheng "Anybody else up or around?"
Dashifen
Sitting up from his pallet on the floor, Rickard hears someone move by his door. Peaking out he sees Ali's back heading downstairs. Glancing at the clock, he sighs. Too early... shuffling asside some text book print outs and dodging an empty soy-pizza box, he reaches for a small watering can. Excellent! he thinks as he realizes there's still some water in it. Turning to his window and the small, potted Ash tree therein, Rickard gives a small devotion to the All-Father and gives the tree a small amount of water.

Grabbing a shirt off the floor and deciding the his slept-in-jeans are not too wrinkled he leaves his room pulling the shirt on over his head. Heading through the trid-room he shakes his head at the number of his family that are up and allready watching the 'tube. "You guys'll rot your brains." he comments as he walks by. They chuckle.

Walking into the kitchen and seeing Cheng, Mo, Cosmo, and Ali he enteres as the other three are explaining the morning's activities to Ali. "Didn't I hear the door? It's too early for pizza delivery, isn't it? Besides, I smell something cooking that smells better than pizza." He finishes looking hopefully at Mo.
Kurukami
Cheng playfully, but carefully, ruffles Mo's hair after the ragamuffin had slipped out of her gentle embrace. "Not many others yet, mei mei."
[ Spoiler ]
She smiles wryly at her usual nickname for the slender girl, and continues "... unless you count being hypnotized by the trid as 'up and around'. I haven't been here that long... just got in kinda late last night."

The microwave dings in the background. "I had already planned to pollute the temple of my body with this meager meat Twinkie..." She pulls the semi-metallic sheathed pastry out of the oven and bounces it from hand to hand, trying to avoid scorched fingers as she grabs for a paper towel. "... but on the other hand, I've got doubts that this'll fill me up. Besides which, I always like your cooking."

She tosses a curious look Cosmo's way. "So, have you got a mysterious benefactor all of a sudden? What're the details? Mind if I...?" She twitches dextrous fingers (which seem almost out of place on someone of her size, like putting a pianist's hands on a construction worker) in a questioning gesture at Cosmo and the digital emissary.
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo just looks at the p-sec he sat on the counter and slid Cheng's way earlier, then back to the ork. Then back to the p-sec, and back to the ork. Then one more time.

"Uhh, like..." he pauses and scratches the back of his head, thoroughly confused at this point. He just pushes the secretary a little closer to Cheng. "Knock yourself out, man."
Shockwave_IIc
"Sure Rickard, there's just enough for everyone, though the portions might be a bit small, but after the young'uns ok? Didn't think you'd be up this early. What woke you?" Stiffling a yawn as she talks.

Serving up the first set of breakfast (which for the young'uns is cold) and calling to the other room without much volume. "Karl, Lou, Louis, Chocy your first" After three out of the four come through and collect their breakfast. She stands there for a few seconds before continuing "Karl you've just missed out, Sam come and get it" After which there's a moan, followed shortly by a small hulk of a girl in a teddy bear nighty and blue fluffy slippers all of which look rediculess on the young troll.

Holding on to the bowl untill she gets a "Tank youse" from Sam. Not that Mo could ever stop sam taking the bowl if she wanted to. She turns to finnish up serving the cold breakfast. Taking off her jacket as she finnsih the cooking. Again it amaze's you how skinny Mo really is, your not sure if the sight make you feel sorry for the girl, or repulsed.

"Help yourself" She say's as she wiggles her bum up onto the counter to start eating. Helping yourselfs, You find it being to the normal standard of cooking, on the good side of not bad. But you can't help think what a traditional chinese breakfast is.......

"Well i've got some account maintence to do, so i'll be busy for a little while. But if your wanting to team this......" She lets it hang, thinking a simple file deleting shouldn't take all of them, but you never can know.

Dashifen
Giving a wry glance toward Ali, "That one," Rickard answers in response to Mo's question. "Heard him walk by my room like he was an elephant or something," he continues with a grin.

Grabbing a phone book from the counter and dropping it on a human-sized seat, he climbs up and places his dwarf-sized seat at the table. Digging and and enjoying himself, he swings his legs under the chair. Listening to the converstation around him he begins to put together enough of what he needs to know about the p-sec to start asking questions.

"Seems odd that we all would be asked to do a job like this -- seems like one person could do it. Makes me a little suspicious. We know anything about Hosts-R-Us?"
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo eventually manages to wrangle his way into one of the seats in the breakfast nook and slowly eats the meal.

"Yeah, man," he replies to both Mo and Ali almost simultaneously, his mouth full of what's left of a sausage patty -- or at least what he thought was a sausage patty. It's hard to tell with all this soy. "It did sound pretty simple and, like, I'm pretty sure I could do it on my own, but the p-sec was all like, 'this is for all the Misfits' and I was like... 'duuuude.' I kinda wanna, you know, like, do it just to see what happens, man. It's not like it's gonna take a bunch of time out of your hectic schedule and stuff, yanno." He sort of nods as sage-like as he can, but it looks more like he's just nodding off.
Kurukami
Having been previously occupied blowing on the hot, exposed innards of the pastry and taking nibbles between words, Cheng finally noticed that Cosmo had put the p-sec on the counter near her. "O. F'ank oo," she mumbled around a full mouth.

She snagged the p-sec with one hand as she finished off the last bite of the LeanPocket. "Hmmphm... that's exactly what I thought, Rickard. Hosts-R-Us doesn't exactly have a rep for being a glacier. Still, if it's got a tougher sibling chained through a trapdoor SAN, it could make for an interesting challenge."

"It doesn't mention me... but if you want any help, I'll be glad to jump in. Anyone else want to take a look at this...?" She gestures invitingly with the handheld, looking around the suddenly crowded kitchen.
Elfie
Sitting at the table picking at his breakfast, Ali gestures for the device, "Can I look?" With a half-full mouth, he turns to Rick, "Nah, cfouln't 'f been mfe" Ali finally manages to swallow, "I've been out all morning." With some thought he adds with a half-smile and sarcasm, "maybe you were dreaming about me."
Kurukami
(Struck by a sudden pang of paranoia, Cheng takes a quick look at the pocket secretary to make sure it doesn't appear to be recording or transmitting what's being said around it before handing it off.)
Grey
<<ooc: Well, its already responded to a few things being said around it, so you'd guess that yeah, it is. But give me an electronics test in the OOC thread anyway.>>
Dashifen
"Dreaming of you. Nah -- probably just one of the zoners in the other room, then."

Finishing his breakfast, Rickard hops down from his chair, and looks around the room. "I'm going to go jack in and start poking around the public information on Hosts-R-Us. I'm not going to do anything yet, just take a peak at what they offer. See if I can get anything about the company before we take a deeper look. Any objections?"

Pausing for a moment and looking at Cheng as she turns the p-sec over and around in her hands, "Something got your attention?" he asks her.
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo finally starts to perk up a bit noce Rickard offers to poke around a bit. "Nah man, that's frosty. I'll be hoppin' online in a few minutes to set things up. What say we meet back at the Well in, like, thirty minutes or so? And... uh, yeah... whatever. Sound good, man?"

The unusually short, scarecrow-thin dwarf has already slipped out of his seat and was bringing his plate to the sink. When he turns around to head upstairs, he seems that tell-tale gleam in Cheng's eyes.

"Don't even think about tinkerin' with that, man. I've 'eard some bad stuff happening to dudes who've frelled with 'em, but I'll check to see if I'm just 'membering bad or... yeah. Just don't mess with it and stuff. Thanks..."
Kurukami
"Just natural curiosity, Rickard... I'm just thinking about gift horses and Troy and that sort of thing. It's nothing in particular." She puts the p-sec down on the counter, yawns cavernously as she stretches her arms over her head (a maneuver which causes a number of male eyes to be drawn towards her in the less-than-completely-concealing tee), and unselfconsciously pads off towards her things to find some clothes to wear.

"And don't worry so much, Coz..." she calls over one shoulder. "I wasn't going to crack the casing. I was just wondering what programs it's running."
Dashifen
With eyes on Cheng and then a smirk on his face, Rickard heads back to his room to check out the Hosts-R-Us public front.
Ol' Scratch
Cosmo waves a dismissive hand in the air as he struggles to make his way up the stairs towards his private bedroom. "Yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before, man..." he half-smiles, half-groans with the exertion of, like, actually moving and stuff.

Once he manages to make it into his room, he closes the door behind him and hops into his decrepit EZ-Boy lounger, yanks the half-broken lever back, and pulls out the retracable cord from his cyberleg. Once he has enough slack, he strains to reach over and plug into one of the house's many jackpoints then kicks off his jelly flip-flops.

A tiny white rabbit icon suddenly appears in his line of vision and hops to the lower right corner just as a large rabbit hole with a sign reading "This Way to Wonderland!" appears on the lower left end. Cosmo smiles brightly with anticipation as he wills the bunny into the rabbit hole. A brilliant swirl of psychedelic colors assaults the dwarf's mind as his consciousness is pulled into the Matrix...

When his persona manifests inside, it's an amazingly realistic if wholly macabre icon of a patchwork man made up of 3D-rendered magazine clippings. The icon is dominated by a fantastically tall and crooked top hat with a green and black checkerboard design and a placard reading "In This Style 10/6" tucked into its rim. It is dressed in foppish Victorian style clothing, complete with white ruffled sleeves. And its face... oh, how grotesque yet fascinating its face is. A smile three times larger than normal is pasted on at a peculiar angle, and one eye is large and round while the other is small and oval.

Once in and reorientated to his new surroundings, the Mad Hatter initializes his reality filter and marvels as his convulted take on Wonderland materializes around him. While waiting, he wills the opening of a datascreen showing all of the programs he currently has loaded in his offline memory, and just whisks his fingertips along the entire list. With a snap of his fingers, all of the programs begin to materialize around him as various characters and icons inspired by Alice in Wonderland. He's quick to minimize them all as they appear, save for a select few.

After getting everything loaded and once settled in, the Mad Hatter tries to establish a Commlink with any of the other Misfits currently logged on. While waiting, he looks down and dusts his clothing off, making sure everything is in proper order.

"Ah, what a supereminently, splendtastical feeling it is to be home again!"

(OOC: Ugh, that was a horrible description.)
Dashifen
Sitting cross legged on his bed, Rick touches the small hammer charm on his necklace for luck before plugging a datacord into the jack behind his left ear. In the last moment before the real world fades out into the virtual, he leans back against the wall to get more comfortable.

Looking out through his virtual eyes, Thor strokes his long, blond beard. Unlike the god of ledgend, Thor's icon's height is still dwarven as is his frame. But his is resplended in a coat of silver scale male, a golden belt about his waist, and pauses a moment to call on Mjolnir, which appears to come spinning in from the horizon to land neatly in Thor's hand. The hammer is large, almost as tall as Thor himself, with a large block for a head. It's spiked and gives the image that it has seen many days and many battles.

Flexing his fingers as he gribs Mjolnir, he quickly accesses the public grid records looking for the public site of Hosts-R-Us. Finding his number and moving onto see what his fortunes will bring him, Thor gives a little smile as he sinks further into his online persona.
Shockwave_IIc
After the rest of the Misfits finnish up their breakfast and leaves to go doing there own thing, Mo looks around at the kitchen realising that they've left her to clean up again.

Starting with the young'uns she goes around collecting the various bowls and plates in addition to gong through indivaual rooms to collect the numeriuos half drunk mugs of soycaf. Finnishing up she goes and gets comfortable on her pile of blankets that is her bed and puts herself in the recovery postion. Reaching up to the back of her head she plugs in the optical cable, making sure shes safe she wills her conciuoness onward into the matrix.............................

As the seattle matrix froms around her, she starts feeling more awake and happier untill she reaches a point where she is warm, content and confident.

Turning her head to the left she wills a small green creature to appear, standing what would be (realtivly) about a foot high with thin limbs but large hands and feet .

"Hello little friend, im wanting to get a message to a friend of mine. Can you find False Echo and ask him what he knows about an organisation called the X-change? Also appologise for me but i think his theory of the red stawberry falvoured kibble being cancerous maybe right, i'll show the files i have later" With that she strokes the little creature's head (which stands there loving it much like a cat). And it fades into the background to deleiver the message.

"And now to pay the bills, heading off the gaiatronics customer service host"

Shockwave_IIc
Thanking the host for it's patients and dillagence as she confirms the transcations to pay for a small apartment in town registered to a lady (Silvia Aydemir).

Gracouisly stepping through the edges of the host back into the Seattle RTG, Mo hovers there marveling at the traffic that is the Matrix, the packets at data, the icons (with their various meanings). Before she realise's that shes meant to be helping Rickard and Cosmo in the looking into Hosts 'R us. Gliding off towards the host she enters via the public entrance, Looking for what represents a customer service representative. Seeing one she approches....

"Good morning, im was hoping to set up a few accounts with you, if that was possible, Now i know you have some basic storage, but i was hoping to have something a little more secure, now ofcourse im not saying that what you offer is unsafe but i have somethings which i'll need access to regardsless where im am in the world and i was wondering if you could help?"

OOC:- While doing this she will be analysing the host and icons trying to gain as much info as possible. Depending on her results she might try to hack herself a legitamate user account on the host (but not straight away).
Grey
Two icons appear before Mo, a desk and then a woman seated behind it. A quick scan shows that the woman is the icon of a decker (giving you the idea that the security may be really tight, as normally they use applications to do this kind of work), and the desk shows up as an application for identity verification.

The woman smiles to Mo, "Hello and welcome to Hosts-R-Us. How may I assist you?"
Shockwave_IIc
Smiling to herself at the fact that this is a real person and not an artifical construct.

"Good Evening, I was hoping to set up a few accounts with you, if that was possible? I have somethings which i'll need access to regardsless where im am in the world and i was wondering if you could help? You see i'm needing some simple storage, for things that i will be dumping after a couple of days, I'm also after somewhere where i could keep things indefinatly over time, thus i was looking for something somewhat more secure. Would be able to help? "

Thinking back and wondering what other host's she could hack to pay for such an endevour. The thoughts of utilaity companys come to mind, but it depends on how much they are going to be charging......
Grey
The woman behind the desk seems to smile.

"I see. And which corporation do you represent?"

She clicks a few keys on the keyboard layed in front of her as she speaks.
Dashifen
<<OOC: Since this has gotten bogged down, I'll bump it and post. >>

Taking the datacable out of the jack, Rick takes a deep breath and blinks for a few moments as his eyes adjust to reality once again. What kind of job is this if no one who gets these things, he thinks while holding the p-sec in his hand, actually knows who they're working for. At least karmatic rewards refers to something that we can actually use instead of some wacko-religious nut's version of a useful tool.

Getting up from his bed, he heads back into the house looking for the others to let them know what he's found out.
Shockwave_IIc
" Corporation? I didn't say i worked for one. I'd be paying for the service of my own back so to speak. Not wanting it to show up on expenses."
Grey
The womans look gets a bit more serious, "I see. Well, in that case, you can get an application filled out and it will need to go through the process. We will also need to do a thorough background check on you. We can't let anyone and everyone use our systems, but of course you understand that."

She pulls open a drawer in his desk and snatches something from inside. Extending her arm, she hands Mo a form. "Please fill this out completely and I'll send it in for processing. It can take a few days before we'll be able to get back to you however, so be patient.

Are there any other questions?"
Shockwave_IIc
"Ok thats good, but before i do deside to go with your company, im was hoping to find out what your company offers in way of security over your competitors. Simply put why should i give you my custom?"
Grey
She launches into a long speech about how their company is more secure over the competition and that they have faster processing and bandwidth.

((Give me a Corporate Etiquette check in the OOC forum.))
Shockwave_IIc
Hovering there and listening to all the speil, Starts getting slight impressed as well as worried.

"No wonder your the most well known, But to be honest, you were the first company i came to, so to be fair i will have to take a look at your competitors.

But do really need all that? Espicailly the Mastiff? That is a pretty leathal program. Do you suffer from a lot of intrusion attempts or are they more of a deterent?"
Grey
"That information is classified. All I can say is that our servers are strong, fast, and secure. If you want the best for your money, this is the place to go. Feel free to look into other companies of course. It was nice talking to you mam, but if you'll excuse me, I have some paperwork I need to finish up before I can go home."
Shockwave_IIc
Looking sheepish can an icon do that?

"Fair enough and thank you for your time"

And with that she dissapears from the matrix to see whats happening in the real world (and how much more mess she has to clean up)
Dashifen
Arriving back into the first floor and seeing no one with whom he was discussing the p-sec with earlier, Rick enters the kitchen and begins brewing some soy-caff. Then, he goes back out into the other room and waits for the others, watching some trid with the young'uns.
Shockwave_IIc
Pulling the out the Data jack, sneezing as she does so.

"Trace and Black eh? Hmm well trace we can deal with in advance, black could get messy"

Wiping her nose, she starts to head off down stairs but as she gets to the top of the stairs she looks down and then runs to the bath room and turns both taps on.

No, not again, hope this last only a couple of minutes As she looks at the water washing away the blood.....

Walking past Rickard a cloth still attached to her nose she heads into the kitchen. Looking around she see's one last clean mug (with broken handle) sitting in the drainage tray. Grabing it she proceeds to get the vitamines and tea from the cuboards while still only using one hand goes about taking the various pills. Once the tea is done she flods the cloth in such a way as that theres no blood on the outside and use's it to hold the mug as she carry's it back into the living room.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012