Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: little help GMing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WeaverMount
Buzz off, you know how you are.

sorry for the undescriptive title. Tell my players what I'm asking about would have been a spoiler in and of itself

[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
The players/PCs will react to what they know, and make their choices on their personalities and styles. As a GM you can't force a particular outcome from any situation from the players. That's taking away their choice. If they choose to "lose" this opportunity because of what they learn about someone's former associate, then that is their choice. It may suck for an NPC you've done work on, but that happens.

On the other side, whatever works for the PCS, works for NPCs too. Turn the tables sometimes, have a Johnson bring them top a meet, then blow them off when he figures out, oh, you worked on "that" job, well I'm never using you guys again. And maybe they never did that job, or the person who did it is dead, or got kicked out. Let them find out what it's like to be held responsible for some other runners actions that they have no control over.
WeaverMount
Having the NPC at the meet is a good idea. Thanks. About the rail roading I here ya -no stategy survives contact with the enemy, and no prep survives contact with the players. The only reason I want to give them a little more, is that I know player really wants to make contact, but thinks the risk is just a little to high to be a viable option for his character. I know the table would have fun playing that scene, and I'd like to see if I can give it to them with real tension.
Method
[ Spoiler ]
WeaverMount
also nice. Thanks
Dr Funfrock
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jun 11 2008, 05:31 PM) *
On the other side, whatever works for the PCS, works for NPCs too. Turn the tables sometimes, have a Johnson bring them top a meet, then blow them off when he figures out, oh, you worked on "that" job, well I'm never using you guys again. And maybe they never did that job, or the person who did it is dead, or got kicked out. Let them find out what it's like to be held responsible for some other runners actions that they have no control over.

QUOTE (WeaverMount @ Jun 11 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Having the NPC at the meet is a good idea. Thanks.

Umm, I don't think that's exactly what DireRadiant was suggesting.
Looking at what s/he said, it looks like s/he meant that if your players do decide to blow off the possible contact after finding out bad things about their associate, you should teach them a lesson in social politics by doing the same thing to them some time (ie, having a Johnson, at some point, blow them off because of some past job they did).

Of course I'm just interpreting here. DireRadiant, please correct me if I'm wrong, and WeaverMount, if you think the idea of the Physad turning up at their next meet is cool, go with it.
WeaverMount
Yeah... that was a total gaff on my part. Chalk that up to the power of expectation. I was expecting an answer to my question so that's what I read, reguardless of the fact that I got completely different feed back cyber.gif
Ryu
How about giving them the information that there has been some kind of fallout between adept and illusionist first? A shared dislike would induce some form of understanding. Or maybe I´m not getting the situation.
WeaverMount
That would work. Might work a little to well though. I still want my players to feel like they are risking something.

Interesting point of fact about the phys ad I've describe her as being in a full camo suit with a mono-whip and a stock sniper rifle while on the run. Then saw her in a runner's dive drinking alone... still in a camo suit and mask. In this campaign that is what almost ever single pro looks like. But they have all started calling her "the hot phys ad". I guess my crew just likes chicks with whips because I've described other people, male and female identically except for the gear.
Ryu
Put the risk back in - the phys ad is really annoyed, but among other things about the constant offers of "joining up". Something about not willing to risk ones soul for 7.5k¥/month + benefits... let them wonder if 15k¥/month would seal the deal for her, and if the illusionist would pay that amount.
WeaverMount
That's a very workable angle. The numbers are a little off for the Campaign. My players have about 75 karma and have been constantly making smart moves for almost a year. I think a little mix of all of this will get me exactly where I want to be
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012