Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interchaceable ammo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
I reinstalled STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl and I have started modding the game when the idea of make the SR gun for the game and then using to SDK for it to begin work on a Shadowrun mod. But as STALKER uses real life ammo as in 19mm x 18mm round fit in all 19 x 18 weapon and so on. I want to know what ammo types we know or have worked out my searching has failed due to the number of way you could phrase this and how many topic it brings up so can any one be of any help. I know the perditor is 10x25 or 10x30 depending on the soruce. I will also need some comparison of these ammos and guns to some RL ones to help me give them stats but that is not as important.

Thanks Dumori

On a side not the AK97 wont need much graphical work as there is the AK 74 and AK 74 s/u basically the AK97 and AK97 carbine in the base game giving me some thing to work from.
hyzmarca
There is only one caliber of heavy pistol ammo. There is only one caliber of light pistol ammo. There is only one caliber of SMG ammo. There is only one caliber of assault rifle ammo. There is only one caliber of not-fully-automatic rifle ammo. Barret's, however, use their own proprietary ammo. There is only one caliber of shotgun ammo. Apparently, no one hunts birds in the Sixth World.
Dumori
Really cos some thing like that would mess up the ammo scavenging part of STALKER and how I planed the mod

For simplicity, each kind of gun can trade ammo with another
of its class; for example, all light pistols can share ammo.
At the gamemaster’s discretion, other weapons types may be allowed
to share ammunition (some diff erent fi rearm types do
use the same ammunition in real life).

To point out that that although all the their own ammo is stated. I would like a much more close to life idea that look its an AR round for a FPS mod.
Jaid
try and track down raygun's site then. i think someone mentioned he had all the guns sorted by caliber. not sure any of it is 'official', but i don't think it's ever mentioned officially anywhere.
Dumori
thanks I hunted it down and along with modern weapons will begin to work stuff out. Is there a way to convert sr3 damage codes in to sr4 DVs? That plus real life weapon conparisons will help me make this mod. Any weapons people would like to see I AK 97 98 just need stating and testing but I think most others will need more than just basic edits. I need to find a porgram to edit the stalker 3d files for some and some guns will be a pain or impossable to do.
Ed_209a
You wouldn't be considered crazy if you said that SMGs and light pistols use the same ammo too.

Today, not _all_ SMGs use 9mm pistol ammo, but lots & lots do. It will probably be similar in 2070.
Dumori
I know a lot abut modern day weapons well enough to make them in mod but im wondering what to use in Shadowrun guns. Are there any ammos we know certain guns use the rest ill make no logic and there older versions.
Ed_209a
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 13 2008, 08:10 AM) *
Are there any ammos we know certain guns use?

Not really. The closest thing to canon is Raygun's list, like Jaid said.
MaxHunter
go with raygun list; he is the one. cool.gif

FYI only, in my games heavy pistols use 9mm or 10mm ammo and share ammo with most smgs; assault rifles share ammo among themselves (I do not remember the caliber), the one exception are the Aks which use their own proprietary ammo; light pistols are 22 and share ammo with machine pistols and hi velocity smgs; there are a couple shotgun calibers, depending on damage value; I have found that is quite a good compromise between reality and Sr4 simplicity. It works for us.

Cheers

Max

Ps: is the game STALKER any good? Which other game would you compare it to? I have not tried it, but I would be willing to play, especially if there is a SR mod...
Ed_209a
I have heard stalker has an atmosphere kind of like Fallout, only FPS. I don't know if plot & gameplay make it worthy to share a sentence with Fallout though. I want to play it too.
Aaron
I sort by type.

I imagine you could also sort by Damage Value and probably end up a bit closer to Real Life without having to refer to a table every time you want to fill a magazine.
Dumori
STALKER is a very good game but it has flaws with AI and the engine but these will all be fixed apparently with clear sky that come out 29th of august on steam only. (you'd think I work for GCS with a statement like that) The mod don't get your hope sup btw I'm having trouble adding new ammo types not a lone trying to get a underbarle shot gun to work.
Dumori
Ive just found a grate bunch of art work to refracne my models on when i get to that part here:
http://biometal79.deviantart.com/art/My-Sh...tion-1-48801985
http://biometal79.deviantart.com/art/My-SR...part-2-48803842

still looking for some nice pics of the other guns mainly the ares alpha.
Fortune
If I'm not mistaken, Biometal (the dude who's art you linked) actually did some of the artwork for Arsenal.
Dumori
I'm sure he did he said so some place. Ive sent him a email asking for the higher RES colour versons of the guns to help me in making or finding a modler to make the frame work of the gun I'm a coder not really any good on the graphic side of modding.

Argh the stupid itelligent keybord on the iPod touch can really mess up typing.
CanRay
I was going to institute rules for calibres in firearms, but I'm the only gun nut in my group. frown.gif

So, going to use the simplicity rather than try to explain the difference between a .380 Auto and a 9mm Parabellum to my group.
Dumori
I'm not that big a gun nut many cos I am from the UK and well not many guns are avaiable legaly only real shot guns for hunting. Thus all my knowlage is seconed hand and not that much given my age I'd say its good but I'm 16 so that's still not a lot.
CanRay
Hell, I'm Canadian. We got Shotguns and Rifles, and that's about it. Still a gun nut. Proud of it. I scare people, too. devil.gif

Just a hobby. I can't even sight down a weapon properly due to an eye condition.
Dumori
ha my lazzy eyes are the same XD I sucked so much last time i looked down an air rifle I'll get better I have to train my brain to rearange what I see. But I'm also a hacker and a proymainac and cemisty nut it add up to becoming the kind of person people don't piss about with. Seeing as if I wanted to I could screw some over a lot. I learn about every thing I think is intresting. Imalso an insomniac and thus have a lot of free time. Witch is why I'm posting at 4am.
crash2029
Well, I'm a gun nut from a family of hippie doves. They wish they knew where they went wrong.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 13 2008, 07:05 PM) *
ha my lazzy eyes are the same XD I sucked so much last time i looked down an air rifle I'll get better I have to train my brain to rearange what I see. But I'm also a hacker and a proymainac and cemisty nut it add up to becoming the kind of person people don't piss about with. Seeing as if I wanted to I could screw some over a lot. I learn about every thing I think is intresting. Imalso an insomniac and thus have a lot of free time. Witch is why I'm posting at 4am.

Don't take this personal, as it's not intended as such, but you might want to swap to Mozilla Firefox as your browser for the auto-dictionary function. It has saved my horribly typing butt on more than one occasion as a poorly spelled post loses it's impact while the reader is trying to figure out what you're saying.
CanRay
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jun 14 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Well, I'm a gun nut from a family of hippie doves. They wish they knew where they went wrong.

Same here, but they're more happy that I'm my own person.

My Stepfather, however, is a Heavy Metal Biker, so it might be influence from him.
Dumori
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jun 15 2008, 03:16 AM) *
Don't take this personal, as it's not intended as such, but you might want to swap to Mozilla Firefox as your browser for the auto-dictionary function. It has saved my horribly typing butt on more than one occasion as a poorly spelled post loses it's impact while the reader is trying to figure out what you're saying.

I normally use Firefox but I happened to post most of the tread on the go or while using all my PC power testing stuff thus I have been posting form my iPod the main problem being the keyboard is slightly bigger than my thumb. An it has an annoying intelligent keyboard that you can not turn off it tries to predict the word your typing not good for typing none common words or ones that are made up..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012