Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edge Tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raggedhalo
So we're using the Severe Wounds rule from Augmentation. And the Heavy Damage one is confusing me a bit:

If you take 7 boxes or more of Physical in one go, you need to roll an Edge (1) Test. Two questions:

1. Do wound penalties factor into that?
2. Do you roll your Edge Attribute or your current Edge?

Thanks!
WeaverMount
I'd say whatever you like. You've included extra book keeping and dicing to make the game play the way you want, so get exactly what you want from it.

Damage resistance doesn't take wound penalties so I'd guess heavy damage resistance would similarly not take the penalty. I'm fairly confedent that you roll your edge score not available points in all cases an edge test is called for.
Dumori
I think core BBB rule would be yes to wound penaltys and full edge attribute but as Weaver said its your game.
Dashifen
I've always done no wound penalties, full edge myself.
Muspellsheimr
I I believe the intent is Edge Attribute, wound penalties do not apply.

My suggested variant for Heavy Damage is:
"Heavy Damage is automatic with any wound that inflicts 7+ damage. You may use Edge to negate this".
Zen Shooter01
If Edge is luck, I don't see why wound penalties would apply.
Aaron
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Jun 17 2008, 02:10 PM) *
If you take 7 boxes or more of Physical in one go, you need to roll an Edge (1) Test. [...]
1. Do wound penalties factor into that?

YES! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Okay, no. At least, I don't. I mean, technically it's not a "resistance" roll, and so wound penalties should apply. Plus I guess it makes sense in that the more one is wounded, the more likely it is to take heavy damage. But no, I wouldn't impose wound penalties if I was behind the Big Black Screen.

2. Do you roll your Edge Attribute or your current Edge?

Always the attribute. Your Edge rating doesn't actually change when you "spend Edge," because you're actually "spending Edge pool," which is different. Confusing, I know, but there it is.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012