Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost-Who-Walks-Inside?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Oni
This is something thats been bothering me for some time now. The SR4 core book refrences Ghost-Who-Walks-Inside on page:109 in the skill ratings table (Rating 6 "Elite" for firearms) Can anyone tell me who this is/was and where i should look for some information or history?
Caine Hazen
reference Never Trust an Elf by Robert N. Charrette
Ancient History
Sally Tsung, Ghost-Who-Walks-Inside, and the Dodger were in the original intro fiction to the 1st edition of Shadowrun, and would later make many other appearances throughout Shadowrun.
Oni
thanks for the quick answers
CanRay
He's the Iconic AmerIndian Street Samurai for Shadowrun. And on the cover of the first rulebook!
Grinder
I feel so old now...
Synner667
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 25 2008, 05:18 AM) *
He's the Iconic AmerIndian Street Samurai for Shadowrun. And on the cover of the first rulebook!

Isn't he also the shooting character on the cover of the Shadowrun 2nd Edition Rulebook...
...Assuming that shows Sally Tsung [female with not many clothes on, magical light around fingers and gun in hand] and Dodger [Elf accessing a Terminal] ??

Ahhh, happy days...

[Do we ever get any reference to Sam Verner after the novels he appears in ??]
Johnny Jacks
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jun 24 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Isn't he also the shooting character on the cover of the Shadowrun 2nd Edition Rulebook...

Yup, that's them. First and Second edition had the same cover art.
Oracle
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jun 25 2008, 08:04 AM) *
Do we ever get any reference to Sam Verner after the novels he appears in ??

I hope not.
Bull
He ran under the street name Twist, and I think there's a couple Shadwoland posts by him in some of the older books.

Also, Charrotte had another SR ovel after his trilogy that involved Dodge, and I think Twist shows up in there as well, albeit briefly.

CanRay
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jun 25 2008, 01:04 AM) *
[Do we ever get any reference to Sam Verner after the novels he appears in ??]

Yeah, he was intereviewed in "Sprawl Survival Guide", so he was doing well into 2062.

Still refuses to kill anyone.

And what was wrong with Twist?
Jaid
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 25 2008, 07:14 AM) *
Yeah, he was intereviewed in "Sprawl Survival Guide", so he was doing well into 2062.

Still refuses to kill anyone.

And what was wrong with Twist?

he went from not even knowing he was a shaman to performing the great ghost dance in a couple of years. he encountered and defeated a mentor spirit. he's kinda like that annoying GMPC your old GM used all the time, who had impossibly high stats and skills in everything imaginable. you know the one i'm talking about... the one where the GM deliberately screwed you over, just so that he could introduce his uber GMPC as someone who pulled your butts out of the fire for no apparent reason?

that's what's wrong with him. it's like putting a level 20 D&D character into shadowrun.
CanRay
Yeah, very true.

And burned himself out doing it. So he had a destiny, great. He survived it, barely, and is now a low-grade 'Runner that just has some powerful contacts with Top-Tier 'Runners and that's it.

He burned brightly, then burned himself out.
darthmord
The star that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.
CanRay
Exactly.

But, back to Ghost, we don't hear much about him, so he's probably retired to the Old Shadowrunner's Home, and is flinging popcorn at the back of Dodger's head. nyahnyah.gif
JBlades
If I caught it correctly, isn't Twist the person who sold the "invisibility potion" to Bannickburn in Drops of Corruption? So he's apparently doing alchemy for profit in 2063.

Ghost-Who-Walks-Inside was the leader or a big name in First Nation, which still runs a portion of the sprawl in 2070 Seattle. Whether or not he's still breathing, who knows.

Dodger prolly went down in the crash, since he was fighting Deus.

Sally hasn't been heard from in a long time.
CanRay
And Rikki Ratboy, too. frown.gif

*Sighs* FastJack and Many-Names must be feeling mighty alone, eh?
Jackstand
Rikki Ratboy died.
CanRay
That's what I just said.
Jackstand
Oh. Right. I just looked at the last sentence in the post before you, about Tsung, and thought you just meant that Rikki had been quiet.
CanRay
No, Rikki's dead. frown.gif

Wonder how SPD is doing.
JBlades
QUOTE (Jackstand @ Jun 26 2008, 11:53 AM) *
Oh. Right. I just looked at the last sentence in the post before you, about Tsung, and thought you just meant that Rikki had been quiet.

Well, technically dead people are quiet, unless there's gas escaping or something, but I guess you have a point... grinbig.gif
Trigger
QUOTE (JBlades @ Jun 25 2008, 05:20 PM) *
If I caught it correctly, isn't Twist the person who sold the "invisibility potion" to Bannickburn in Drops of Corruption? So he's apparently doing alchemy for profit in 2063.

Actually that mage is named Twitch and outside the fact that he is a street mage no other facts are given on him in Drops of Corruption.
Synner667
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 26 2008, 09:53 PM) *
No, Rikki's dead. frown.gif

Wonder how SPD is doing.

Ahhh, Rikki Ratboy...
...Literally, an example to us all.

SPD ??

QUOTE (JBlades @ Jun 27 2008, 05:51 AM) *
Well, technically dead people are quiet, unless there's gas escaping or something, but I guess you have a point... grinbig.gif

But not if they're possessed or re-animated spin.gif

QUOTE (Trigger @ Jun 27 2008, 06:24 AM) *
Actually that mage is named Twitch and outside the fact that he is a street mage no other facts are given on him in Drops of Corruption.

Erm, Sam Verner retired to his cabin-in-the-woods as a magicless character...
...His power burnt out by the ritual he led, from Dog Shaman to Mundane.
CanRay
SPD (Which stands for Seattle Police Department), was one of the last of the Policemen in Seattle when Lone Star got the contract. He left rather than join the Star and became a Shadowrunner instead out of disgust.

He was usually the "Go-To" guy on Shadowland to describe neighbourhoods and gangs in our favourite compacted Sprawl.
MYST1C
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2008, 02:00 PM) *
SPD (Which stands for Seattle Police Department), was one of the last of the Policemen in Seattle when Lone Star got the contract.

Actually, I just have to snicker every time I read that nickname - to me, being German, "SPD" of course stands for Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands (Social Democratic Party of Germany).
CanRay
Yeah, much different meaning on Seattle's ShadowLand posts. nyahnyah.gif

Although, if he posted on the "Shadows of Germany", maybe someone should have pointed that out to him. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012