Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unwired PDF problem
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
I've purchased the Unwired PDF to read it in the train on my Pocket PC.

However, on Acrobat Reader For Pocket PC, the images overlap the text for that particular PDF. I never had any problem with other Shadowrun PDF before, only this one!

What can be the cause of this? It often overlap a line of text or two... I don't have any problem in Windows however.

Is there any PDF expert out there that can help me to re-bake it so I can solve my problem?
Blade
Can't you just hide the images?

I use my converter (SR4light, which can be found in the community project forum) to convert the pdf to html files to read on my Zodiac (Palm OS based PDA). It's not perfect but it works for me.
JesterX
QUOTE (Blade @ Jun 26 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Can't you just hide the images?

I use my converter (SR4light, which can be found in the community project forum) to convert the pdf to html files to read on my Zodiac (Palm OS based PDA). It's not perfect but it works for me.

If I hide the images the stupid reader puts X placeholders (with opaque background) instead! (Not really useful...)

I think I'll try your converter... thanks.

Or maybe i'll just try some open source pdf reader... Maybe I can recompile some stuff for the ARM processor and make myself a custom PDF reader.

Hey, Blade, je viens de voir que tu es français! (Je l'ai sû via le fichier lisez-moi de ton convertisseur, j'avais jamais remarqué ta signature...)

Update: I tried the PdfToHtml converter and I got a LOT of errors... (unknown form type, Illegal entry from Unicode... and so on...) I suppose that this PDF is quite wrong from the start...

Update: Turns out that Foxit Reader for Windows Mobile 5.0 works just fine with this PDF!!! However, it's not free... frown.gif
Blade
Yes it gives a lot of error messages... but it works.

Oui, je suis Français, hésite pas à jeter un oeil du côté de www.shadowforums.com ou de www.shadowrun.fr/forums/ pour retrouver la communauté francophone !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012