Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lonestar Campaign?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Audious
Has anyone ever ran a campaign where the PC's were Lonestar officers?
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Audious @ Jun 26 2008, 08:31 PM) *
Has anyone ever ran a campaign where the PC's were Lonestar officers?

Yes, in the 19-year history of this game, I believe at least one Shadowrun game has been played with the PCs as Lonestar.

Next Question?
Jackstand
I think he was probably looking, specifically, for people here.

I've never done a Lonestar game, myself, but I played in an FBI one.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Jackstand @ Jun 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *
I think he was probably looking, specifically, for people here.

Well, I can't presume to speak for them, but I'd say the odds just might be good.

(I love these simple questions.)
CanRay
Yes, but the group would probably rebel when they realize they have to wear the "Bumblebee" outfits that Lone Star uses. (Black and Gold.).
Jackstand
Hey. I think those uniforms are pretty snazzy.
Faelan
Go Steelers! I mean Lonestar.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Jackstand @ Jun 26 2008, 08:49 PM) *
Hey. I think those uniforms are pretty snazzy.

The uniforms I can live with. What's up with the helmets though? The eyepiece is like something out of power rangers.
Sombranox
Back in SR2 days I had a group that did a lone star campaign and then a second campaign with the same characters having been burned by the star and turning to the shadows.

Both were a blast. They were a special 'anti-terrorist' squad in Seattle. Lot of hunting down actually dangerous threats to the city, all while kind of holding a bit of respect for a more whitehat shadowrun team they ended up helping out against a Humanis-backed runner group. Also a lot of rooting out corruption in the LS ranks. Same whitehat runner group ended up helping them out of their lives and into the shadows when the corruption got too much for them and they wanted the freedom to really make a difference.

Was an interesting change from the normal cold hard criminals element of most SR games
VagabondStar
I think you get ex-Lone Star Officers quite a bit.

There is quite a bit of potential there, though. I mean, it's not a law enforcement agency, it's a corporation that provides Security Service. The fact that they do para-police activities is secondary to the security.

But I think any campaign like this would eventually lead to the PCs becoming shadowrunners.
crash_00
I ran one once for a group that was still getting out of their D&D phase. They weren't big into the roleplaying side of things yet, so I had them play a Rapid Response Team. It works very well for games where you don't have a lot of time each session, because the roleplaying side of things is toned down a lot (no haggling for the run, no week long planning periods, ect.)

Probably the funnest part when I ran it though, was I had another group of friends make up basic runner concepts, then I'd give them the job and let them plan out what they'd do. Then when I sat down at my game I had a good plan of what the LS team would run into when they came in, and it helped create some very unique encounters as players tend to think outside the box more than GMs do when planning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012