Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which printing is most current?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ki Ryn
I'm looking to buy a SR4 book and want to be sure and get one with the most recent rule corrections etc.. It looks like the most recent printing is the fifth.

Are there any textual differences between this and the fourth (and same for the third), or is it just a fresh batch from the printers?

RunnerPaul
Fifth is the first Catalyst Printing, isn't it? Plus, there's some pesky extraneous text on p.228 in the 5th printing that suggests that cranial comlinks come with sim-modules for free. They don't but for some reason the text shows up in all the odd number printings.
WhiteWolf
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Jun 26 2008, 08:13 PM) *
Fifth is the first Catalyst Printing, isn't it?

I believe you are correct. Plus the Fifth printing has all the errata corrections that have been made up to that point. I would only purchase the fifth printing if possible, but if you get a later one just head over to Shadowrun web site and download the latest errata.

Welcome to the game!
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (WhiteWolf @ Jun 26 2008, 10:34 PM) *
Plus the Fifth printing has all the errata corrections that have been made up to that point.
Which is why I think they have so much trouble with the implanted comlinks and sim-modules thing... even though it's a known error, it's never been listed in the actual errata.
Sombranox
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Jun 26 2008, 11:37 PM) *
Which is why I think they have so much trouble with the implanted comlinks and sim-modules thing... even though it's a known error, it's never been listed in the actual errata.

This fact still annoys the ever-living crap out of me and makes me wonder how many other magical tidbits of difference there are between printings that never get erratas or faqs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012