Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Must Get SR Supplements?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tweak
I'm looking to pick up some more books, but I'm not sure what to pick up. I'm looking for some good reads, and I'm looking for some crunch. What do you recommend? I'm also willing to pick up out of print stuff as well.

Thanks.
CanRay
What do you have so far?
BlackHat
Also, if you're talking about out of print supplements, do you mean for older editions of Shadowrun (I don't thin kanythign 4E is out of print yet)? If you're looking for crunch, knowing which edition would be important.
tweak
I have the core book for 3rd and 4th edition. I was on a tight budget when those two editions came out, so I never picked up any supplements.
jklst14
Which edition are you planning on playing?
Large Mike
If you're on 4th, there's not a great deal out. For fluff, there's Emergence, Corp Enclaves and Runner Havens. Of those three, Runner Havens is the must get. As for crunch, we have Arsenal, Street Magic, Augmentations, and Unwired. They're gear, magic, cyber and the matrix, respectivly. They're all solid, but it kind of depends on what you're going to be using the most. As a GM, I've gotten the most milage out of Augmentations, and Arsenal.
tweak
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Jun 30 2008, 12:04 AM) *
If you're on 4th, there's not a great deal out. For fluff, there's Emergence, Corp Enclaves and Runner Havens. Of those three, Runner Havens is the must get. As for crunch, we have Arsenal, Street Magic, Augmentations, and Unwired. They're gear, magic, cyber and the matrix, respectivly. They're all solid, but it kind of depends on what you're going to be using the most. As a GM, I've gotten the most milage out of Augmentations, and Arsenal.

Thanks. I will play any pick up game, so I can be playing 3rd one day and 4th the next. I'll check out Runner Havens and Augmentations.
CanRay
Runners Havens are a good book to have if you don't know the goings on of the Major Shadowrunner Cities, and care to know. (As always, you can make your own! I, for one, would love to do a Winnipeg campaign if I can ever get off my hoop and write the city!).

Augmentations is good, filled with Cyberware goodness. But, personally, I'd suggest Arsenal more, it's got more appeal.

Not everyone is going to want Cybernetics. Almost everyone is going to want stylish armour, weapons, vehicles, gear...
Wesley Street
Here you go.
Jrayjoker
If it is 4th ed I would say get "Augmentation," "Arsenal," and "Runner Havens." But not necessarily in that order.

I am out of the loops for 3rd ed. I was playing that other game for the last few years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012