Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun at Amazon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wizard
I tend to use PDFs at the game table these days but I like to have a hardcopy on my bookshelf for those days I feel like lounging around. I am getting back into Shadowrun 4th edition but when I went to Amazon I found I could not purchase any of the books from them. I prefer Amazon as the discount they give offsets the postage to Australia and in situations where a book gets damaged in transit they are happy to send a new one.

Does anyone know if the Shadowrun 4th edition books will eventually be available at Amazon?
Johnny Jacks
QUOTE (Wizard @ Jun 29 2008, 09:57 PM) *
Does anyone know if the Shadowrun 4th edition books will eventually be available at Amazon?

They all seem to be available from Amazon, at least they were when I just searched.
Wizard
QUOTE (Johnny Jacks @ Jun 30 2008, 04:01 PM) *
They all seem to be available from Amazon, at least they were when I just searched.

When I search say for Arsenal or Corporate Enclaves they both are listed but not available directly from Amazon. So I am guessing it has something to do with the rights going to Catalyst Game Labs instead of FanPro.
Tycho
CGL don't sell books to amazon, because they don't want the local game stores to compete with amazon.

It is said, that amazon would sell the books for a lesser price than most game stores can afford, if they want to make a little gain.

cya
Tycho
Murrdox
Support your local hobby shop and buy Shadowrun books from them smile.gif

If you don't have a local hobby shop then I feel bad for ya. I'm sure you could order them through your local Barnes and Nobel?

PDFs are great, but I like the books personally.
Mattily
I ordered the main rule book from my local comic shop when it first came out. They still haven't got it for me!!!! Unless it's D20, or occasionally White Wolf (as in Vampire only) you stand no chance. Which is very annoying, as I'd be happy to support them.

So I have to get my books online. Amazon is actually good for this as they have free postage and tend to arrive in good condition, and replace the order quickly when it's lost by the ever reliable royal mail.

For Shadowrun books it's somewhat hit and miss as to how long it takes (even though payment is taken as soon as the order is made) and what condition the book will arrive in and postage from many of the shops is very high.
tweak
Unless it's used or out of print, if I cannot find it at amazon, then I usually don't buy it. I have made a few exceptions for indie games and some Delta Green stuff, but I really hate to risk $30 on a hardcover at full price and have the book bite. This just tempts me to pick up out of print softcover SR books for half as much and just use the fluff.
MJBurrage
If you do not have a local games store to shop at, then just buy it from the publisher, there is a link to their online store at the Shadowrun website.
Wizard
QUOTE (Tycho @ Jun 30 2008, 04:44 PM) *
CGL don't sell books to amazon, because they don't want the local game stores to compete with amazon.

On further investigation I found that CGL are selling the Classic Battletech Techmanual and Classic Battletech Introductory Box Set, both recently released products and both with a nice discount.

So I am still hoping that Amazon will sell Shadowrun in the coming months. If I could get an official word either way it would be appreciated.
Mattily
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jun 30 2008, 10:36 PM) *
If you do not have a local games store to shop at, then just buy it from the publisher, there is a link to their online store at the Shadowrun website.

I'd rather not pay international postage rates. I buy from the London stores, which do stock what I want, I just don't like their postal charges sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012