Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pilot skills used for rigging?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
thetwitchy
I was thinking of rolling up a rigger type, and as I was looking through the book, I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the Pilot Active skills were used for.

I mean sure, Pilot Ground craft is used to drive a car/van, and the pilot aircraft could be used whenever I fly a plane or whatever, but what's the use as far as drones?

I've looked through all relevant sections I could think of, and I haven't come up with a single use for pilot skills. Even pilot Anthroform (walking vehicles), which you'd figure would be used, doesn't come up.

So my question is this. If I take a pilot skill, when is it used for my drones? Right now it looks like as long as I have the equipment and the autosofts, I can do everything I would need as far as that.

Also, kinda off topic, but what is Pilot Anthroform used for at all? I looked through the gear section and didn't see anything that looked like a walker vehicle. Maybe there's something in Arsenal, but you'd think they would have included at least one in the core book.
Cheops
When physically driving = Reaction + Pilot skill
When piloting via RC = Command + Pilot skill
Jumped in rigger = Response + Pilot skill

Walker drones would be Shiawase Kanmushi (at least in the BBB)
DireRadiant
If the drone flies, use Pilot Air . If it crawls or rolls, use Pilot Ground. If it walks, Pilot Anthro.

Arsenal has many more drones.
thetwitchy
I think I'm understanding what's getting me confused, I'm getting my pilot skills and the droid's pilot attribute mixed up.
If I understand correctly whenever I jump into a droid I use my own pilot skills? And if I'm just commanding it then I use the droid's pilot skills?
Caine Hazen
The drone uses Pilot+Autosoft
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012