Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacking Run Examples
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
D00MGIMP
Im relativly new to SR In general but ive been spending most of my free time trying to learn the system.

However I've been spending alot of time latly reading and re-reading the matrix hacking rules. I got the new Unwired book and its great, but its just that much more to get a handle on. Theres quite a bit to wrap my head around. Im going to attempt to run a game for our group soon and I want to make sure I have a good handle on the matrix and how one would accually hack a system from start to finish.

Alot of it seems open ended. The GM can create whatever kind of system and environment that they would want to. There are lots of small examples of types of programs, Agents, IC, whole system topology, but I think it would be very helpfull to combine all of it into one large example that goes through everything from probeing, to editing the access logs on your way out to cover your trail. Whats happening on the hackers end, and whats happening on the security team's end? I think something like this would be very helpfull(Especially to new players), after you have read all of the rules on various tests and whatnot, to pull everything together and accually visualize how a run is done and how to impliment all the rules that you just read.

I wanted to see and comepare some other people's views on what a matrix run would accually entail from start to finish.

Also ive looked alittle but but let me know if theres a previous thread along these lines.
Aaron
There's an unofficial audio hacking demo available.
RunnerPaul
Although, unless it's been updated, the demo linked to above predates Unwired, and may not cover some of the clarifications introduced by that book. If I had the time and a voice for radio, I'd be half tempted to do a new one myself, but I don't. Even if I did, I would probably wait until the Errata gets finalized.
Aaron
Actually, the demo in question was created by people whose work is in Unwired, and was recorded after the material that would ultimately be in it had been established. That said, it's not exhaustive, so more such demos wouldn't be a bad thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012