Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Character Sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JTNLANGE
Morning everyone,

My search-fu has failed me(must be the early morning). I am looking for a PDF or Word version of a 4e character sheet I can use on my computer to add in the name and stats and stuff. Just want to be able to add the info and then print out the sheet so it looks nice. You should see some of my groups sheets. Sloppy. smile.gif Any help pointing the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Trevor
Zormal
Something that could be updated on the computer would be great. I found some character sheets at tirsales.de/sheets, but somehow none of them felt *just* right.

Ended up going with a plain text file, after making the characters with the excel character generator.
Not pretty, but easy to update.
Murrdox
I like Mintcar's sheets myself, and those are the ones that we use... but I could use more room for equipment, contacts and notes.
WhiteWolf
Have you tried looking on the forums here under Community Projects?
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showforum=3

Besure to scroll all the way to the bottom first and change the selection from "Show: 30 days" to "Show All"

My crew and I like the character creator by Harri Tusa and updated by Jamz, because once you click on the "Finish & Advance Character" it moves all the information to a nice character sheet and it allows you to advance your character. The one that you can download from the community projects does not have all the current supplements. I also had to add some of the SR4 equipment in as well, and I'm slowly working on adding the other supplements for my crew.

Any way plop your butt down and do some serious meditations, and then head over to the Community Projects forums here and use your Search-Fu there. I think you will have better luck. smile.gif
JTNLANGE
I will do that WhiteWolf. I forgot to change that at the bottom.Your Search-fu skills impress me. I bow before a master. I though it rather weird that the list only went back 1 month. Told you it was early for me. smile.gif

Trevor
Jrayjoker
I am surprised and disappointed that the Shadowrun official site does not have the character sheet as a pdf download. Let me see if I have the ability to make mine work.
Jrayjoker
yeah, sorry. I cannot make it into a form.
Tarantula
www.foxitsoftware.com has a free pdf viewer program. They also currently have a special going where you can get one of their purchasable packages by singing up for some spam. I got their foxit form creator (it just unlocks the functionality within the reader program) and allows for me to add fields into PDFs. Also, unlike adobe acrobat, foxit lets you save a pdf with the data in the fields, making it nice for easily updatable char sheets. (And to boot, it opens the shadowrun pdfs a lot faster than adobe). I didn't have any issue with getting the form software key from them after signing up, and called the company I signed up with the next day to ensure I didn't get billed anything.

If you want to do that, I'll leave it up to you, but I'd be willing to add forms onto a pdf if someone makes a poll on which PDF people would like me to do, and I'll throw it back up on the page once I'm done.

(The reason I only offer to do one PDF, I am currently doing this for another game's sheets, and the 1 page (double sided) charsheet is currently at 800+ fields in it. So its just time consuming.

(Edit: Corrected link to Foxit PDF Reader website)
WhiteWolf
QUOTE (JTNLANGE @ Jul 2 2008, 10:19 AM) *
I will do that WhiteWolf. I forgot to change that at the bottom.Your Search-fu skills impress me. I bow before a master. I though it rather weird that the list only went back 1 month. Told you it was early for me. smile.gif

Trevor

No need to bow before me. Fortune is the one who showed me that option. smile.gif Helpful elf that one is, strong in the shadows that one must be. ninja.gif
WhiteWolf
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jul 2 2008, 10:30 AM) *
I am surprised and disappointed that the Shadowrun official site does not have the character sheet as a pdf download. Let me see if I have the ability to make mine work.

Jrayjoker, Have you tried here?
Game Resources

Look towards the top in the sectino labeled "Resources and Record Sheets - Shadowrun Fourth Edition"

Here is a direct link to the SR4 character sheet from the official Shadowrun website.
Two Page Character Record Sheet

Hope this helps! biggrin.gif
imperialus
I personally like SuperSpy's sheets. They're inspired by Wordman's SR3 sheets, in that they have different backs/second pages for different archtypes. They aren't perfect. I miss the dedicated street sam and merc backsides with separate columns for cyber and bioware and nice long lists of weapons. More contacts would be nice too, but all and all they're pretty serviceable.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (WhiteWolf @ Jul 2 2008, 12:37 PM) *
Jrayjoker, Have you tried here?
Game Resources

Look towards the top in the sectino labeled "Resources and Record Sheets - Shadowrun Fourth Edition"

Here is a direct link to the SR4 character sheet from the official Shadowrun website.
Two Page Character Record Sheet

Hope this helps! biggrin.gif

I can't believe my eyes skipped that file 3 times, but there it is. Of course it is not a form, so you have to print it or modify it in some way, but there it is...

Critical glitch on data search, bummer.
Tarantula
Jray, if you want, I'll go ahead and throw forms on that official sheet, and throw it in the projects section.
Murrdox
OMG!!!

Thank you SO much for pointing out SuperSpy's sheet! I love it!! I only browsed over it for 10 minutes, but this is exactly what I've been looking for. The only think I can see that it's missing is being able to fill in the fields in Adobe.

Maybe a few more lines for Weapons and Contacts would be nice.

I might work on adding fields to this one myself. We'll see how much time I have... smile.gif
Muspellsheimr
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=15479

Zxaos is working on converting it to an entry form I believe. No updates yet as to when it will be complete.
Zolhex
Well if your still looking follow the link in my sig and check out my sheets. Not all that impressive but they work I used MS Word so they can be edited as you see fit.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jul 2 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Jray, if you want, I'll go ahead and throw forms on that official sheet, and throw it in the projects section.

That would be very much appreciated, thanks a bunch!
JTNLANGE
Casazil,

Those are good. Now I just need Word. smile.gif

Tarantula

Let me know when you put those sheets up. You can never have too many sheets.

Trevor

Tarantula
JTNLANGE, check out www.openoffice.org. It'll read word files, and its free.
JTNLANGE
Yea but it won't let me add anything to the file only read it.

Trevor
Tarantula
Unless he did something really strange with them, they should be able to be saved with openoffice also, I'll check on it when I get home.
Zolhex
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jul 7 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Unless he did something really strange with them, they should be able to be saved with openoffice also, I'll check on it when I get home.

If your talking about my sheets.......

Hehe I don't really know enough to do anything strange with them lol.

Should be as simple as right clicking the sheets you want and choseing save as to get them.
Tarantula
Yes. Openoffice will default to .odt document type, you can just do a save as and choose .doc (xp/2000) instead, if you want microsoft office users to also be able to open it.
Denicalis
Any of these guys updated easily while still in .pdf? I'm looking to run a play by post game on another forum, and I'd like something similar to SuperSpy's sheets, but able to be updated on the sheet proper, so I can keep track of it online rather than on hardcopies.

Cheers.
Tarantula
Not yet, I plan to start adding forms to the official SR4 char sheet today. Note: Adobe won't let you save data inputted in forms, regardless. Foxit will however.
Denicalis
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jul 8 2008, 09:01 AM) *
Not yet, I plan to start adding forms to the official SR4 char sheet today. Note: Adobe won't let you save data inputted in forms, regardless. Foxit will however.

Adobe 8.5+ will. I've got the D&D 4th edition sheets to prove it.
Tarantula
And the entire install folder of foxit (including the form editor addon) is 5.9meg. The installer for adobe reader 9 is 33.5mb before installation. I'll stick with my smaller/faster/less bloated reader.

Anyway, finished the first half of the sheet today, will work on the backside tomorrow.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jul 8 2008, 09:34 PM) *
Anyway, finished the first half of the sheet today, will work on the backside tomorrow.

Woot, thanks.
Tarantula
Front side is finshed and gorgeous, backside has all the forms, but not even remotely pretty like. Probably finish it up tomorrow sometime. Cheers to downtime between answering calls.

Here is a quick screenie of how it looks so far with all the form names turned on. Final count is 829 different forms. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jul 9 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Front side is finshed and gorgeous, backside has all the forms, but not even remotely pretty like. Probably finish it up tomorrow sometime. Cheers to downtime between answering calls.

Here is a quick screenie of how it looks so far with all the form names turned on. Final count is 829 different forms. smile.gif

Talkin' 'bout love.gif love.gif love.gif !!!!
Murrdox
Hey folks.

I played around with SuperSpy's sheets http://sr.superspystudios.com/files/sr4cs03.pdf

And made them into a fillable PDF form. I emailed what I have to Superspy, he said he'd be glad to host them. I don't have anywhere to put them online to link to here right now unfortunately.

My only qualm is that I don't think Adobe Reader users will be able to save the PDF forms. I haven't tried it with Adobe 8.5+ or Adobe 9 though, so maybe that will work.

If anyone has any other great character sheets they'd like to be turned into forms I can do it relatively easily.

Hopefully Superspy will put them up soon and link to them.
Tarantula
Murrdox, I don't see any fields that I can type into in your PDF. I tried with both foxit and adobe and neither displayed any fields.

I apologize for how long it took me to update this with info on my progress. I got 2 trainees at work, and have been having to train them with my "free time" instead of work on the sheet. I just got them out and on their own today, so I should have some more time to get this sheet finished up sometime mid-next week with any luck. I'll keep you guys updated.
Murrdox
No no, read my post more carefully smile.gif

I posted Superspy's original sheet. I don't have anywhere to host the updated form-fillable version that I created. Hopefully Superspy will put it up for hosting relatively soon so that you can check it out.
Zormal
Maybe you could employ a free file host, while we're waiting for the real deal.
Drop.io and Mediafire come to mind...
Murrdox
Thanks for the tip.

I Updated the PDF so that it should now be save-able as well as edit-able. The previous version didn't allow users of Adobe Reader to save the form information. Until Superspy can put up links to the modified version, you can download the editable, save-able version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tm4bnltxmty

Please others let me know if it works well for you or if there's anything I need to fix.
Zormal
Nice.

Thanks a bunch! Works like a charm on Foxit. Maybe the ammo boxes could be tick-able, but personally I don't think I will be using them in any case.
Jrayjoker
Thank you! Very nice.
Murrdox
Yeah...

the ammo boxes aren't tickable because making those things tickable is very very tedious. I may get to it eventually when I have a couple spare HOURS to spend on it smile.gif

It still irks me though, so I'll probably get to it sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012