Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Micro-camcorder question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bizarro
One of the PCs in my game purchased a few micro-camcorders, with the intent of having the footage of whatever they're recording piped through his image link. Is this possible? My guess is that a vidlink transmitter could be used (the description states that it includes a transmitter, reciever, and recorder); the micro-cam would be hooked into the transmitter, and the reciever connected to the character via datajack(?) to display the footage through the image link. I'm probably misinterpreting the whole thing, which wouldn't surprise me, so I'd just like a second opinion on how to accomplish this. smile.gif
Jason Farlander
Sounds about right to me. Hook up the microcam to the transmitter, hook up the reciever to the datajack. The recorder can be left out if the person with the image link/datajack has any headware memory, or if you utilize the storage capacity of the microcamcorder itself - it can record 3 hours of video, which can be reviewed remotely by the vidlink.
Dogsoup
The cable going into the datajack could also surely be fitted into an adapter and split in two, having the other cable hooked up to an external memory unit.
Bizarro
Sounds good... thanks, guys. smile.gif
Buzzed
Better yet, connect the receiver to a pocket computer. Then connect the pocket computer to the datajack. That way you have access to not just the video feed, but also anything else that would be in the computer as well.

My rule of thumb is, if you control the computer, you can also control anything connected to it.
Dogsoup
My rule of thumb is, if you control the computer, you can also control anything connected to it.

Yeah, I've made some riggers and deckers that do a lot of running & climbing, using that option: Carrying a "command center backpack" controlled through datajack.
Siege
Entirely unrelated suggested cyberware --> wouldn't any rigger love to have implanted an automatic door-unlocker?

-Siege grinbig.gif

Mightyflapjack
I actually did invent a "SPU" head implant that acts like a remote control. In my campaign everything is remote control (from the doors, to windows, to the toster oven).

Really nice to be able to think the channel you want instead of looking for the remote control.
Dogsoup
Could also be done with a low-flux headware radio. When I come to think of it, your idea would be a pretty big reason for the common Joe/Jane to get a hideously Essence-unfriendly but otherwise cheap/everyday piece of cyberware.
Nemo
Only Problem is that most remotes work with IR, not with radio
Buzzed
QUOTE (Nemo)
Only Problem is that most remotes work with IR, not with radio

That is what the eye-laser is for. biggrin.gif Well not really, but i can see someone using a cyberware and electronics b/r skill to alrer one into a remote.

Then again, who needs a remote when you can just burn a hole through the lock?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012