Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Adventures and Concepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mike_the_fish
Hey all,

Just asking a favor. I know there are a lot of SR websites out there, but I have found that a large number of them are fairly lacking in content. Seems like most just have info on their current gaming group, and maybe some house rules or new gear they invented.

What I am really looking for is some fansites with either full-blown adventures written out, or even just adventure concepts that could be expanded on. That would really be helpful to me. Thanks in advance talker.gif
Fortune
Shadowrunner13 has quite a variety of runs and run ideas on his site.
Lort Gob
Thanks! I found that very helpfull as well wink.gif
Shadowrunner13
QUOTE (Fortune)
Shadowrunner13 has quite a variety of runs and run ideas on his site.

Fortune,

notworthy.gif

Thanks for the plug. smile.gif

SR13
Dogsoup
Ey SR13: That "Prophecy something"-run were juuust the right thing I was looking for to introduce blood magic. Simple yet nice crisp adventure, thanks a lot!
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadowrunner13)
Thanks for the plug.

No problem. It's been too long since your site was plugged here. smile.gif
Large Mike
Blackjack's Page

Even though it's no longer maintained. Just as all the other good/large sites aren't. (Although Ancient's got a good one, it's more scholarly that practicle.)

Dammit. Someone get me a web designer and I will make a general SR site that will destroy anything around today. Really. All I need is a web designer.
Adam
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Dammit. Someone get me a web designer and I will make a general SR site that will destroy anything around today. Really. All I need is a web designer.

Or you could contribute to the sites that do exist. . .
Ancient History
If I had a web designer as spiffy as DV8, my site would be the Best On Da Veb!
mike_the_fish
Thanks folks!
Dogsoup
QUOTE (Ancient History)
If I had a web designer as spiffy as DV8, my site would be the Best On Da Veb!

A merge of the two sites isn't coming any day soon? Would be neat, eh?
Eismann
There are around 15 complete adventures on the official german homepage.
Problem: They are (naturally) in german.
But if you find some guys who can translate german to english, that shouldn't be such a problem.
Dogsoup
QUOTE (Eismann)
There are around 15 complete adventures on the official german homepage.
Problem: They are (naturally) in german.
But if you find some guys who can translate german to english, that shouldn't be such a problem.

Most of those .pdf:s are just text files and can be extracted with ease if you have access to Acrobat somewhere. After that you can throw the texts into babelfish or other translator of choice. They're still pretty hard to read after that, but at least it's in engrish...
wavey.gif
thunderchild
Check my sig, go to the "not mine" section.
Eismann
QUOTE (Dogsoup)

Most of those .pdf:s are just text files and can be extracted with ease if you have access to Acrobat somewhere. After that you can throw the texts into babelfish or other translator of choice. They're still pretty hard to read after that, but at least it's in engrish...

Maybe a living translator would be a better choice. wink.gif
But I'm nearly sure Adam or Brian would be interested in that.
Adam
[busy as hell, don't have time to log into the CloneAdam account]: We would definately be interested in translations of those adventures.
Eismann
Okay, volunteers, one pace forward! wink.gif
Eismann
No one?
Fortune
You could do it, since you know both languages. biggrin.gif
Eismann
I would (maybe), but my english is a little bit... barbaric wink.gif
Translations from english to german are not such a problem for me, but the other way takes really much time and needs a really good editor.
A native english speaker might do a better job at that.
Ancient History
Well, I've got lots of free time. I could some translation 'ware to go from Deutsh-to-English, rearrange it to make sense grammatically, then pump it back to you to see how it compares with the original.
Tiralee
Hell, most English-2nd-language speakers do so better than I do.

But I'm Australian, we speak a dilect of Drunk, with some English thrown in for flavour...

"What, are you Drunk, mad or Australian?" - Lolita (The book.)
Nath
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 19 2003, 04:05 PM)
[busy as hell, don't have time to log into the CloneAdam account]

eek.gif You mean, Adam and CloneAdam are not two different persons ?!? Holy Cow ! grinbig.gif
Eismann
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Well, I've got lots of free time.  I could some translation 'ware to go from Deutsh-to-English, rearrange it to make sense grammatically, then pump it back to you to see how it compares with the original.

Sounds good. I just need your e-mail address and then I'll send you the first short adventure (is a MS Word file ok?).
Ancient History
FIne and dandy. Send it to ancient0history@yahoo.com
thunderchild
QUOTE (Tiralee)
But I'm Australian, we speak a dilect of Drunk, with some English thrown in for flavour...

"What, are you Drunk, mad or Australian?" - Lolita (The book.)

Substitute Australian with the word "Both" and the question is still the same...
Sepherim
My web (in my sig) has several complete runs, if you can read spanish. And, IIRC, the official SR web had several others too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012