Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STC-reborn or still a mess?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
With the changes in the NAN nations in North America we're really down to just three players on the Soverign Tribal Council-Soiux, Pueblo and Salish. So does this make the Soverign Tribal Council more of a workable element-there are now just three real players on it or is it still the mainly cut up group of squabblings beurocrats?

The growth of PPC and the fact it's home to the newset AAA might make them more of a target for runs and, now having LA in their sphere, there are more pink skins in PCC than any other NAN.

The Salish are now free of a highly militarized border but now have a protectorate in desperate need of support having been plundered by the corps.

Souix has held it's own BUT is it jelous of it's growing neighbors seeing itself on the front line against the ol' USA, acting as an unthanked shield for the Salich and Pueblo to grow.
EKBT81
Well, I'm not up-to-date with developments in SR4, but I'll try some guesses:

IMO the Sioux and the SSC have more in common: Both have disputes with the UCAS, while the PCC would be probably more concerned about Aztlan as a potential threat.
Based on SONA the PCC's population (after taking over Ute) would also be as big as those of the SSC and Sioux combined. That might influence those nations to think about the need for a "balance of power".
IIRC the PCC has quite good relations with the CAS due to the common threat posed by Aztlan. Combined with the large number of pinkskins, that could bias public opinion in the other NAN nations somewhat against the PCC as "too anglo-friendly".

This may actually strengthen the position of the other STC members (Athabaska, AMC, TPA): Even if they don't compare economically or militarily, they've got a vote on the council just like the "big three" and their votes may be decisive on issues where the PCC, SSC and Sioux are divided.

I think STC decisionmaking will still be difficult because IMHO the NAN can't afford to alienate any member nation.
ornot
Bear in mind that political power in the PCC is not evenly distributed. There may be more pink skins following the absorption of LA, but until they are granted voting shares, more power remains in the hands of the amerinds.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Knowing how SF thinks, I believe she means the added pinkskins in the population from Salt Lake City, LA and Vegas mean that caucasian runners would be more able to blend into the streets of the PCC than in more 'redskin' nations. Not that would help me any.
ornot
I was thinking in terms of the leverage a particular race could exert on the STC through their parent nations.

It is certainly true that anglo runners would look less out of place in the PCC than in the SSC or Sioux.
hermit
Only three members? What happened to Athabascan, Manitou, Algonkitan, and TPA?
Backgammon
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jul 7 2008, 04:24 PM) *
Knowing how SF thinks, I believe she means the added pinkskins in the population from Salt Lake City, LA and Vegas mean that caucasian runners would be more able to blend into the streets of the PCC than in more 'redskin' nations. Not that would help me any.

Blending in based on race/skin colour has never been a problem. The NAN nations are mostly comprised of people who had diiiiistant native blood - meaning a large chunk of whomever lived there before. So Sioux is full of mid-west americans and such. All you had to do is show you had a great-great-great-great uncle that married a native woman, and accept your new leaders and their outlook, and you could stay in your home. The difference is cultural, in behaviour and outlook. Not in actual race.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012