Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CGL GenCon Releases?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
Random question, and I know that it's still a month away, but I was wondering are Catalyst going to be trying to get a new release out for GenCon or will the main book for sale be Unwired?
Ryu
Well, I think there are rather massive indications for Runners Companion...
Isath
While the Runners Companion would be great I think Ghost Cartels is coming up before the RC - I might be wrong though.
Bull
I thought Feral Cities was next? I don;t really pay attention anymore smile.gif

Regardless, it's safe to say Unwired will be there. I wouldn't bet the farm on another book being there as well, though I know Adam's been juggling a lot, getting books done left and right, so who knows.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 10 2008, 03:24 AM) *
I don't really pay attention anymore smile.gif

That or it's just the old age and senility kicking in. wink.gif
Bull
Huh...? Wha..? Who's that??

*shakes walker*

Damn kids! Get off my lawn!!
Ryu
Replace your aging body: Walker, Combat drone

Even if senility in such things would bother me...
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 9 2008, 07:24 PM) *
I thought Feral Cities was next? I don;t really pay attention anymore smile.gif

Regardless, it's safe to say Unwired will be there. I wouldn't bet the farm on another book being there as well, though I know Adam's been juggling a lot, getting books done left and right, so who knows.

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 9 2008, 09:40 AM) *
With two books off to press this week and two more in the proofing stages,

QUOTE (Chat Transcript)
Ghost Cartels is slated for release before Runners Companion. The most likely order of upcoming releases will be Unwired,
Ghost Cartels, Runners Companion, Feral Cities, and then Vice

It seems reasonable to assume that Ghost Cartels & Runners Companion will be released (PDF) some time this week(end), and Feral Cities & Vice are almost done. However, nothing official has been said as far as I know as to which two books are being sent to press this week, or even if they will make it to press this week.
Dumori
I cant wait even more "Fluff and Crunch" The new breakfast cereal from Catalyst Game Labs. Make me wish I had a job only to pay for those books but a job is out of the question far to busy enjoying the fact I don't need one to live atm.
Tycho
I would guess, that the next pdf is released with the Chat next weekend, seems like a good sales strategy to do it that way. Which one will be obvious when the Juli chat theme is announced.

maybe both are released, but i think that is improbable, even if i wished it will be that way...

I really like the way SR is developing under CGL, although it reminds me, that here in Germany there will probably not be any new release before "Spiel 2008" (Oct) and I have no Idea how the German Publisher will make up all the new books (last German (translated) release was Straßenmagie (Streetmagic) which was nearly 2 years ago)

cya
Tycho
Wanderer
Wow, please tell me it isn't a joke that Runner Companion PDF has good chances of being released next week. This would overjoy me love.gif grinbig.gif but I'm somewhat amazed, since the June chat told that

Runners Companion is in the final playtesting and editing stages at the moment, primary writing is complete. We're doing
our utmost to get it out on schedule but it should definitely be available this summer.

So this would mean they have managed to complete final playtesting and editing in less than a month. Really amazing. This would be way quicker and more efficient than the typical publisher standard in this genre, as far as I'm aware.
Dumori
I think ghost cartels well be out next the feral city looking at whats been said.
Wanderer
But the June chat said:

Ghost Cartels is slated for release before Runners Companion. The most likely order of upcoming releases will be Unwired,
Ghost Cartels, Runners Companion, Feral Cities, and then Vice.

Dumori
I was just going to edit that I miss read the transcript last night and post your same quote I wont now as it will make your post look out of context. Ah the second book ready to print must have been unwired as they where quite about the book all the way to the end again I miss read the chat.
Wanderer
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jul 12 2008, 12:43 AM) *
I was just going to edit that I miss read the transcript last night and post your same quote I wont now as it will make your post look out of context. Ah the second book ready to print must have been unwired as they where quite about the book all the way to the end again I miss read the chat.

But hasn't Unwired gone to press late June already ? It can't be among the pair that are going this week. So this would make them GC and RC.
Dumori
In the chat the sated that rc was in play test and two other books IIRC where going to print in proff reading at the time. Since they kept the lid on unwired coming out that day i assume that Unwired was one of them.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jul 11 2008, 03:58 PM) *
In the chat the sated that rc was in play test and two other books IIRC where going to print in proff reading at the time. Since they kept the lid on unwired coming out that day i assume that Unwired was one of them.

Except it was not in the chat that it was stated the two books were being sent off to print. It was said over two weeks after the chat, earlier this week.

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 9 2008, 09:40 AM) *
With two books off to press this week and two more in the proofing stages, and a full night's sleep -- a pleasant change -- I've made a day to catch up on all sorts of little tasks, and getting the chat transcript up was one of those. You can grab it here:

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=241

I'm still exceptionally busy and that isn't going to change until after Gen Con. I won't be on DSF much, but I'll be back with some good news in a couple days.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry700959
the_dunner
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jul 11 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Except it was not in the chat that it was stated the two books were being sent off to print. It was said over two weeks after the chat, earlier this week.

Keep in mind that Adam works on more than one game line. cyber.gif
Isath
Conspiracy!!!!!!!!
BishopMcQ
We all need to make a living somehow...
Dumori
Yay this is fun hunting down whats coming out when quick to battle tech to find out if any books are from that line.
Prime Mover
Well still wondering what the "good news in a couple of days" meant?

If there really trying to stick to summer releases for GC and RC I would hope GC offered end of July and RC offered end of Aug. Can't imagine you'd see two books released in same month for the same line for various reasons.
Adam
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jul 12 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Well still wondering what the "good news in a couple of days" meant?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=22783
Prime Mover
Ahh hehe saw that before it was posted so it threw me off hehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012