Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many Spells can i get as Magic-Adept?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CitM
Hi guys. I have a pretty simple question, but there is no answer in any book i think. All my SR books are in english, so i have problems to find my way through that crap. So here i go: As Magician-Adept (i dont even know its the right word) you have that splitted magic-attribute. And of course you have a maximum of (Magic)x2 spells. So if i´ve got, for example Magic 6 and splitted it to 2 on spells and summoning and 4 in adept-powers, how many spells can i buy for BP? 4 or 12 as regular? Hope for an fast answer, thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

X-ITM

Edit: SR 4
Prime Mover
The maximum number of spells you can learn at character creation is equal to 2X your Spellcasting or Ritual Spellcasting skills. (Guessing which ever is higher.) Each spell learned costs 3 build points.

Being a magical adept only limits your maximum casting force of the spell before suffering physical drain.

Example: If you 3 points into magic, max force before physical damage would be 3 or 6 with physical drain.

Hope that helps.
CitM
Thought he maximum number of spells you can learn at character creation is equal to 2X your Magic? Okay thats another point, thank you much for that fast answer!
Zaranthan
Yes. The number of spells is limited by Spellcasting (or Ritual Spellcasting) skill, not Magic attribute. If you have 1 Magic, but 6 Spellcasting, you can start with 12 spells. If you have 6 Magic, but 1 Spellcasting, you can learn 2 spells.

By the way, the phrase you're thinking of is "Mystic Adept".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012