in that the Dramatic Encryption rules (p. 66, Unwired) may be used by
scenario writers.

Can my character spoof her lifestyle?
Yes, but in doing so she must devote at least one week to the task. The
Extended Test must be done in the presence of a Missions GM. Also, you
may not spoof months in advance, you may only improve a character's
lifestyle for the current month.

Can I be a Dissonant ...
Stop right there. No. Dissonance is for NPCs.
Wasabi
Can an Agent with the Profession (Software) Autosoft spoof a lifestyle?
How about a Tutor Sprite? (They get the Software skill)
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 13 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Can an Agent with the Profession (Software) Autosoft spoof a lifestyle?

That Autosoft is a drone autosoft, not an agent autosoft. I don't believe it's available to agents.
How about a Tutor Sprite? (They get the Software skill)

Yes, though the above restrictions about when they can do so still apply.
Cthulhudreams
Can I drone with a Profession (Software) Autosoft spoof a lifestyle? Drones can make matrix actions - e.g. electronic warfare - so they can 'obviously' act in the matrix.

Edit: I don't playmissions and am just being mulish, though I do feel the obvious third case bears examination.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Jul 13 2008, 08:02 PM) *
Can I drone with a Profession (Software) Autosoft spoof a lifestyle?

Yes, though the above restrictions about when they can do so still apply.

nyahnyah.gif
Wasabi
May the rules for rushing an Extended Test be used to shorten the minimum duration to a half of a week?
(SOURCE: "Rushing the Job", BBB pg59)
Aaron
If it was me, and Mr. Dunn hadn't said anything, I'd say no, it'd just give you more chances for hits in the week. For what that's worth.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 14 2008, 06:25 AM) *
May the rules for rushing an Extended Test be used to shorten the minimum duration to a half of a week?
(SOURCE: "Rushing the Job", BBB pg59)

Rushing the Job is a rule that's applied in specific situations when things are dire. IMO, upgrading your lifestyle doesn't fall into that category. So, no, you cannot decrease the time requirement.
Wasabi
SOURCE: Unwired, pg136

I'm confused on what parts of pg136 are and are not optional, if at all. I'm specifically interested in the Program Options for Complex Forms (and program options for hackers are not, AFAIK, optional).

How should I interpret what parts are optional? It says new complex forms in one spot then uses vague terms in another...

frown.gif
the_dunner
<merged Wasabi's question into this thread>

Program options are not "optional." (Really, isn't that fun to say?) Though, it is noted as subject to GM discretion.

The Advanced Complex Forms section on p.136 is is also "At the gamemaster's discretion."

We'll be using the Advanced Complex Forms and the Program Options rules.
Wasabi
The rules for Resonance Bond's (unlike Spirit Pacts from Street Magic) seem to be able to be forced upon a Sprite and unable to be ended at-will like most of the Spirit Pacts. (SM, pg26 and pg108).

For my NY character I'm shooting for a TM who uses Threading like a SR 2.0 Decker would use "Hacking on the Fly". That means I'll need a ton of Fading mitigation and a Resonance Bond (Unwired, pg37) chosen as an Allocation Bond (Unwired, pg 160) looks like it could help with that.

Since the Resonance Bond rules are GM Discretion and not Optional does that mean they are ok for SRM use or do I need to inquire about their use?
Wasabi
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 8 2008, 05:49 AM) *
Since the Resonance Bond rules are GM Discretion and not Optional does that mean they are ok for SRM use or do I need to inquire about their use?

Bump

:-)
BishopMcQ
*We appreciate your call and will be with you shortly...*

At the moment, Dunner is buried under several projects, the largest of which should clear off his desk in the next couple of days. You can also try questioning Aaron.
Wasabi
No worries, thanks BishopMcQ!
Aaron
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 11 2008, 03:47 PM) *
You can also try questioning Aaron.

Hm? What?
Cadmus
he was asking about that stuff,with that thing, you know that happened that time, at the place, you where all over dude,
Aaron
Oh, you mean that place I put that thing that time?
Cadmus
Yup
Bull
The one with the girl? The the one where he was doing the Cincinnati Sprinkler with that Troll?
Dashifen
No; the dude with the hair!
Aaron
The one with the girl? The the one where he was doing the Cincinnati Sprinkler with that Troll?

Naw, you're thinking of the WotC party. This is that other thing.
Dashifen
Oh! That one. Got it.
the_dunner
As BishopMcQ indicated, I've been a bit busy lately with a couple of behind the scenes projects. Sorry for the late reaponse.

QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 8 2008, 06:49 AM) *
The rules for Resonance Bond's (unlike Spirit Pacts from Street Magic) seem to be able to be forced upon a Sprite and unable to be ended at-will like most of the Spirit Pacts. (SM, pg26 and pg108).

I'm not sure where you're getting this aspect from. On p.160, under the resonance bond header, it's pretty clearly stated that the free sprite is the one that chooses to enter a resonance bond.

I'd prefer that you not use a Resonance Bond (or, for that matter, a Spirit Pact) for a Missions character.
Wasabi
NP, The_Dunner. Busy is understandable. As to the Resonance Bond I'll skip getting it as I build my NYC character.

As to the 'forced' part I meant in the sense it is a positive quality able to be chosen at chargen and not able to be broken by the free sprite. The initial creation of the bond would then be handwaved as part of chargen leaving an unbreakable resonance bond.

Again, not pushing, just 'splainin my choice of wording.
Jaid
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Aug 13 2008, 01:36 PM) *
I'm not sure where you're getting this aspect from. On p.160, under the resonance bond header, it's pretty clearly stated that the free sprite is the one that chooses to enter a resonance bond.

QUOTE ('Unwired pg 174-175)
Enforce a Resonance Bond: A technomancer who possesses a free sprite’s source code and wishes to force that free sprite to enter into a resonance bond (see p. 160) may travel to the realm where the source code was found in order to compel the sprite to create the bond.

though of course, if a GM doesn't want a resonance bond in the game, it's probably easiest to agree not to do this. it is, however, entirely possible.
cryptoknight
What about the Flashbacks negative quality?

I can see how this works well in a home game... but enforcing level 5 flash backs is going to be hard in a convention setting... there isn't a hard way to note if somebody had a flashback... and if it only hits every couple weeks, it seems to complicated to worry about.
the_dunner
In this case that's one of those things that should be noted on the back of the character's adventure debriefing log.
Aaron
It occurs to me that some qualities, like Flashbacks, tends to draw the narrative attention toward a single character. While this works fine in a serial home game (I like to give my players turns at being the star, once a campaign gets rolling), in a campaign like Missions it seems somewhat unfair to hog the spotlight in a convention game.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 18 2008, 09:33 AM) *
It occurs to me that some qualities, like Flashbacks, tends to draw the narrative attention toward a single character. While this works fine in a serial home game (I like to give my players turns at being the star, once a campaign gets rolling), in a campaign like Missions it seems somewhat unfair to hog the spotlight in a convention game.

Nah I see flashbacks, since it basically incapacitates a character when it happens as just being a one encounter combat paralysis to an extreme degree...the character is basically useless when having them, and the team has to make due with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012