Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adventures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crash_00
I'm looking through all the adventures I've gathered over the years and was wondering which ones the people here have had the best times with. I've got a new group to start running for soon and I'm trying to decide which specific hells to run them through.

I already plan on doing Queen Euphoria and probably Missing Blood as I remember them being truly epic when I played through them. I also intend to run them through the first harlequin adventures. Those are the only written adventures I've ever played through though so I was just looking for some good reviews on the others. I've got access to pretty much all of them I believe as my old group has been collecting the SR archive of books since 1E.
Ancient History
I gotta say, of all the 1st edition adventures the one that's always stood the test of time for me is Dreamchipper. Good stuff, that.
MaxHunter
dreamchipper? I don't remember that one...

I really liked Gming Double Exposure, I also think the runs in "Wake of the comet" were fun.

Cheers,

Max
cryptoknight
Dreamchipper is iconic to me for SR... Missing Blood is also good. Silver Angel is a great example of a simple data extract that can go extremely wrong... heh
Wesley Street
Elven Fire and Harlequin for me.
MaxHunter
Missing Blood?

DWC
Elven Fire ruled. I also liked a lot of the early parts of Harliquin, because so many of them could be run as simple one-shot runs.
crash_00
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Jul 15 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Missing Blood?

Ya, it's the adventure in the back of the universal brotherhood book. I like the creepy bug spirit runs.
PhishStyx
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 14 2008, 12:45 PM) *
Dreamchipper is iconic to me for SR... Missing Blood is also good. Silver Angel is a great example of a simple data extract that can go extremely wrong... heh

Silver Angel? I have one called Dark Angel (which is a musician oriented adventure very similar to On The Run), but I'm not familiar with Silver Angel. Is there a PDF of it somewhere?
Ancient History
Silver Angel was a short adventure insert with the first edition GM's screen. 2nd edition had the Contacts booklet, 3rd edition had Critters.
Prime Mover
Adventure that came with first screen if irc was good introduction to corporate double cross and included a clump of contacts in the back?

Contacts book with second one was nice.

Critter book with 3rd edition nice to have all updated stats....sucked no good critter art like paranormal animal guides had spoiled us with.

Fourth edition GM screen inserts still in use around the ole table, good for quick run prep and like the contacts that can fit more then one role set up.
jklst14
Dreamchipper, Missing Blood and Bottled Demon will all hold a special place in my gamer heart.
Velocity219e
queen euphoria and the other bug one i've forgotten the name of

Bottled demon will definitely hold a place in my heart since one of my best friends was playing a mage (still alive) that got totally boned by that damned artifact, like he keeps on saying, "I used it ONCE, at first ..." no joke, you can mention it now, like 12 years later and he'll still scream nyahnyah.gif

he actually ended up having a couple of runs afterwards dedicated to him because he broke away from the artifact after using it heavily (very much a here and now person, who dared to overcast hellblast to force 12 once, killed about 100 people) anyway people wanted to know how he could disassociate himself from a deeply addictive powersource so easily (it wasn't really) so they decided mebbe special brain structures as y'do

and kidnapped him, gave him a ticking timebomb of Gamma anthrax (our GM was so looking for an excuse) so they could hold the 'cure' over his head I think he had like four weeks to live or something stupid, cue astral projection shenanigans and slipping a message out, a rescue from inside and out of the facility, then a billion runs trying to find out how to flush this stupid infection out, he lost like three points of body permanently (can't remember the GA effects off the top of my head) but there was a great deal of capering and loads of hard and fast runs with torture kidnappings and hideous abuses, and being that a couple of the games were solo I actually got to use my decker cum merc to his full potential biggrin.gif

sinthalix
These aren't in any order:

DNA/DOA
Harlequin (the first one)
Peacekeeper
Queen Euphoria
Double Exposure

I started my group off with DNA/DOA and started running them through each of the modules. It's taken almost two years and we're still only about half way through. We've recently switched to SR4 so there are some I'm skipping now because the storyline is pre-2070. However, the remainder should be easily converted and run for the current timeline.

I just ran One Stage Before and it really set a nice atmosphere for the new campaign. It took four eight hour sessions to complete, but it worked out well.
Wesley Street
Can DNA/DOA be easily converted to SR4?
Prime Mover
Wow how did I forget Bottled Demon second adventure we played after dreamchipper. Always wished/expected to see more adventures like that one.

Harlequin the first one was truly fun and epic, second one seemed to drag alittle in places but still it was a player fave. Harlequin does deserve to have a third. To complete the trilogy, lots of plot left open for the future.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 16 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Can DNA/DOA be easily converted to SR4?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=...t=0#entry322832
Wesley Street
Wow! Thanks man.
Jeremiah Legacy
Can't remember the name of it ... it's going to drive me crazy now, but it's the 2E one where the party goes to London to try to find someone. Along the way, you get involved with some really weird Matrix stuff, including reincarnation, astrological timing, and physical sensations that should not be in the Matrix - like temperature.
Prime Mover
Imago, spirit in the irish castle and weird cyberdeck? (been while since read it)
sinthalix
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jul 16 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Imago, spirit in the irish castle and weird cyberdeck? (been while since read it)

Yes, ran that one a few months back...was still extremely fun after all these years!
sinthalix
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jul 16 2008, 10:09 AM) *
Wow how did I forget Bottled Demon second adventure we played after dreamchipper. Always wished/expected to see more adventures like that one.

Harlequin the first one was truly fun and epic, second one seemed to drag alittle in places but still it was a player fave. Harlequin does deserve to have a third. To complete the trilogy, lots of plot left open for the future.

My players really enjoyed parts of the second...the wild west was probably the favorite. I made copies and cut out each of the dreams and gave them to different players. They held onto those like they were gold and kept referring back to them. I ran each one between normal adventures and it worked out great.
DV8
I can't say that I ever really liked any of the published adventures enough to actually run them. I do buy and read them, however, for inspiration and background information on the various events, like Mob War for instance. As far as well-written, atmospheric and interesting adventures go, I think RA:S is up there, but I would never run it as is, because, well, I like my players and they like me, and I would never do that to them. smile.gif
Bull
QUOTE (DV8 @ Jul 17 2008, 02:43 AM) *
I think RA:S is up there, but I would never run it as is, because, well, I like my players and they like me, and I would never do that to them. smile.gif

Then you're not doing it right! Your players should fear you! wink.gif

And holy shit! Deev! Heya!

Anyways, I've been fond of Mecurial forever, and Kyle Morgan & Perianwyr were long time, reoccuring foes for us in my original campaign, and I've used them in a couple different subsequent campaigns since (Once as Mr Johnson smile.gif). It damn near broke my heart when I killed off Kyle in DotSW.

I've always liked Dragonhunt.

Dreamchipper can be great fun.

Any of the "bug modules" are terrific. Our campaign formed so perfectly around them. We choose Chicago out of the NAGTNA book as our home city a couple years before Bug City came out, and at the time we didn;t really know anything about teh Shadworun world, and our GM was careful to keep certain books and information out of our hands. As such, we slowly built up to and into Missing blood, playing through Queen Euphoria first, and introducing the United Brotherhood a good 6 months before we ran MB. We finally ran that adventure as this huge group game with my group, and my GMs brothers group, for his brother's bachelor party (We were all geeks, and he didn;t drink or anything).

I remember "decking" them UB file... I got handed it as an uber encrypted file, and the GM informed me I could read it, and as I read it,m I was deciphering it in "real time", but I had to keep hacking it without stopping. So I couldn;t stop and talk to the group as I found out info, and they kept playing around me. So there I am, in the corner, muttering "Holy shit6! We're fucked!" to myself over and over, and they were so freaked out,. It worked perfectly. smile.gif

And then Bug City came out...

Ugh. smile.gif

Good times.
DV8
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 17 2008, 12:10 PM) *
And holy shit! Deev! Heya!

Long time, Bull. smile.gif
Ancient History
Deev!
Magus
Welcome Back Deev. Long time no see
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012