Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reaction Enhancers.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mäx
Just as the tittle says, I'm wondering about Reaction Enhancers becouse it's entry says "Reaction enhancers are compatible with other Initiative-boosters". But as far as i can tell all other Iniative-boosters say that they cann't be compined with anything. wobble.gif
DireRadiant
There's Initiative Boosters, and then there are Initiative Pass boosters.

Wired reflexes and reaction enhancers do not stack for example.

FAQ

Are reaction enhancers compatible with wired reflexes?

No. A character can have both, but only the bonus from one or the other would apply.
ArkonC
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jul 14 2008, 08:58 PM) *
There's Initiative Boosters, and then there are Initiative Pass boosters.

Wired reflexes and reaction enhancers do not stack for example.

FAQ

Which is widely (i think) regarded as a silly move, since reaction enhancers stack with every other form op IP boosters around...
Prime Mover
Always used them as described pre faq. It's not game breaking to let them stack.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jul 14 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Always used them as described pre faq. It's not game breaking to let them stack.

Plus, it's fun to make a character with a Reaction of 2 and then boost it up to 12 with 'ware. grinbig.gif
Tarantula
I think they stack with the new tehcno advanced echoes. I'm pretty sure those are lacking the "this doesn't stack with other stuff" clause.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Jul 14 2008, 03:13 PM) *
Plus, it's fun to make a character with a Reaction of 2 and then boost it up to 12 with 'ware. grinbig.gif

Drugs,ware,spells etc....lots of ways to do it.
Mäx
So it does stack with Improved Reflexes adebt power?
D00MGIMP
As per page 41 in Augmentation: Move-by-wire cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement except for reaction enhancers.

So theres one thing you can combine it with, better than wired reflexed even. Theres also Drugs...

In reguards improved reflexes adept power, as per page 188 in SR4 Main: and the increase cannot be combined with technological or other magical increases to Initiative.

It seems that your reactions attribute will still go up, but you will not gain extra initative?
Prime Mover
Prior to FAQ confusion I thought they just intended for "pass" boosters to NOT stack. And Reaction Stat enhancers could stack up to max augmented rating as theres lots of different ways to achieve it anyways.
Ryu
If in doubt, ignore the FAQ. Reaction Enhancers used to be compatible with everything except move-by-wire. See Cybertechnology pg. 38.

Since the MBW-compatibility is now explicit...
Stahlseele
or if you want something more recent before 4th, man and machine . . in there, the reaction enhancers were compatible with everything else too . . yes, it was possible to build a character with a minimum ini-score of 21 for starting games *g*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012