Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Psychotropic IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
See mention in Unwired ToC of "Brainwashing: Programmable ASSIST Biofeedback". This still work similar to previous editions? Used as IC option?

Sma
It´s an IC option, where black IC, in addition to doing damage, hits you with either one of the published mental negative qualities or any other drawback the GM feels like.

Similar enough to the way it worked in the past and the quickest way to reformat someones memories since time to effect someone is counted in Complex Actions, while Programmable ASIST Units take at least a couple of weeks to attain similar results.
DWC
Glad to see that one of the neatest things from the older Matrix stuff made the cut for Unwired. Guess it just went back on my wishlist.
CanRay
Oh, it's great stuff for torturing your group with!

Force them to wake up every day at 0947, with an irressistable urge to go to the Stuffer Shack and eat a Vita-Yum Chco-Lyke Energy Bar!

Just a few dozen transactions of that with the same SIN, and suddenly Aztechnology knows who hit which file.
DWC
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 15 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Oh, it's great stuff for torturing your group with!

Force them to wake up every day at 0947, with an irressistable urge to go to the Stuffer Shack and eat a Vita-Yum Chco-Lyke Energy Bar!

Just a few dozen transactions of that with the same SIN, and suddenly Aztechnology knows who hit which file.

That's pretty classy.
CanRay
And boosts sales of a really bad product.

I mean, Energy Bars, they taste like Cardboard!
Prime Mover
" Ok guys we have to lay low here till the heat dies down, NO ONE go near the windows!!!"

"Hey Frank....I got no clue why but I really need the keys to the van....have to go buy....umm tampons....like RIGHT NOW!!!"
Velocity219e
and if you are really evil, get them hooked with their routine and then withdraw the product with some sly rumours of some really gross manufacturing problem like the rat poop content was above nine milligrams per ounce or that there might be traces of baby in some bars smile.gif

someone who wakes up at 9.47 am with the burning desire to eat a rat poop and baby bar that has been withdrawn from sale isn't going to be hard to take into custody from the bottom of their toilet bowl smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012