Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technicalities
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
so, some questions i have had for quite some time but never got around to asking anybody . .
cyber-implant-firearms:
can one mod them?
is there just the generic heavy pistol?
only that one shot-gun?
can a troll have an implanted franchi spas-22?
can i get an implanted Heavy Pistol that does 10M Damage and has the firing mode of SA/BF?
(yes, i know, i am horrible)

other thing:
how controllable is the ruthenium-polymer-stuff?
can one make only certain parts of his body do the vanishing trick?
or is it all or nothing?

not really all that important, i just allways wondered ^^
feel free to diskuss and go off on tangents if you like *g*
Pendaric
Ref call.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 17 2008, 04:51 AM) *
so, some questions i have had for quite some time but never got around to asking anybody . .
cyber-implant-firearms:
can one mod them?
is there just the generic heavy pistol?
only that one shot-gun?
can a troll have an implanted franchi spas-22?
can i get an implanted Heavy Pistol that does 10M Damage and has the firing mode of SA/BF?
(yes, i know, i am horrible)

1. Yes, you can mod them.
2. No, there are a variety of cyber-implant-firearms in SR4 in the Cyberlimbs section. There might be more in Arse, but I'm not sure.
3. Huh?
4. GM's call
5. If you can mod it to do it, then technically yes.

other thing:
how controllable is the ruthenium-polymer-stuff?
can one make only certain parts of his body do the vanishing trick?
or is it all or nothing?

not really all that important, i just allways wondered ^^
feel free to diskuss and go off on tangents if you like *g*

I've never run it that way, but I don't see why not. I always saw ruthenium providing camouflage similar to the Predator's suit from the movies and not something that's really under your control, but I don't see why someone could figure out a way to control it more carefully. Or, just make separate sheets of ruthenium so that you can "command" them to be invisible in different chunks.
Sir_Psycho
Well doesn't fluff say ruthenium is used for putting advertisements on blimps and moving logos on clothing, so I've always assumed it could display images, and chameleon suit just had it displaying images from worn sensors.

My team uses a ruthenium coated van that changes paintjob and displays cleaning company logos and maintenance company logos to disguise ourselves on entry to facilities. And if you can change your paint job and spoof your cars AID (which i assume would take over license plate) then you can lose tails pretty quick too.
Stahlseele
ah yes, i forgot about the advertising space angle . . there was something mentioned about an DNI being needed but it is possible . . ok, that one is answered . .
As for the stuff about CyberImplantant BANG BANG . .
so mostly GM-decisions . . damn, i need to pack more of my GM's favourites in food and drink then *g*
Sir_Psycho
Just slave the ruthenium to your commlink (or almost any other node) and use Edit + Computer on it. Or download an image and load it up.
Stahlseele
ah, yes, the SR4 approach . . i am mostly concerning myself with SR3 with these kinda questions . . but i will keep that in mind
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012