Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neo Anarchism
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sunnyside
I don't remember where I read it. But some sourcebook or other (probably one of the neo anarchist ones), had a section on the philosphy of Neo Anarchism.

Anybody remember how that went, and did it ever get elaborated on later? Think it would be a viable model?

Wesley Street
Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America had a short primer on Neo-Anarchism. Don't remember much else because it bored me at the time. I should probably re-read that.
Backgammon
Loose Alliances covered the Neo-A philosophies.
Sir_Psycho
Anarcho-Capitalism

Is how it looks to me.
sunnyside
I could have sworn there was some tech aspect to it. Something in the practical running.

Actually weren't there some free cities? Any of those of a neo-anarchist model? Did they get sourcebooks. I know a number of city ones came out. Though I only own the Seattle ones at the moment.

Sir_Psycho
They have strong beliefs on freedom of information and they believe the matrix is the way to that, especially people like Captain Chaos (RIP).
Cheops
Neo-Anarchism in SR is basically a search for Allocative Efficiency and Utilitarian Efficiency. Basically fully efficient and fair markets. Whereas the Anarcho Capitalists had to contend with National Governments as the source of inefficiency Neo Anarchism is contending with Corporate Feudalism as the source of inefficiency. Essentially Shadowrun is the Anarcho Capitalists worst nightmare come true -- the corrupting influence of the national governments has enabled the creation of monopolies that dominate the world.

Monopolies, in economics do not fulfill either efficiency condition. They do not produce the efficient number of units nor are they fair. What the Neo-Anarchists propose is that with modern technology markets can be fully efficient without megacorporations. They espouse information and education as the means of toppling this new world order. They believe that be making people understand how bad things are they will throw off the yoke of monopolistic oppression and fight back.
sinthalix
Germany Sourcebook, pgs 107-108 gives a little write-up on it as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012