Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1-800-Magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
I can't be the only guy to have seen this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_bFc1cCTJg
CanRay
As it uses the evilness that is M$ "Shadowrun", most of us don't acknowledge it.

Well, except for wondering why magic smells like Bacon. nyahnyah.gif
Bull
Oh yeah, had it on my 360 for a while. It was done by RoosterTeeth Productions, the same guys that do RedVsBlue. Was some damn funny stuff.

And *I* acknowledge the MS Shadowrun Game... I just don't consider it a good Shadowrun game. It's not a bad FPS though, taken as it's own little entity.

Bull
CanRay
Sorry, just the number of people that have come up to me at a Con going, "I know Shadowrun, I played it on my 360!" has made me a very, very bitter man.

OK, even more bitter than I was before.
hobgoblin
ugh, bad bad jokes...
Cheops
"Whatever the readout says becomes policy."

"What does that even mean?!"

Well, at least MS has indirectly offered us an explanation for why programs degrade if they aren't patched regularly and answered the question on whether it applies to ALL software.

Lol.

hobgoblin
yay...
Bull
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 26 2008, 10:08 AM) *
Sorry, just the number of people that have come up to me at a Con going, "I know Shadowrun, I played it on my 360!" has made me a very, very bitter man.

OK, even more bitter than I was before.

See, here's what I don't get. Why?

Sure, it's not "true" Shadowrun, but it's exposure. It's someone who now knows the Shadowrun brand name, if not the actual game.

And it's an oppurtunity to teach someone what the real game is. Embrace that oppurtunity!
sunnyside
The bitterness comes in because the conversation has to start along the lines of.

"Oh you liked that did you. Well Shadowrun is nothing like that....... at all."

Well, I suppose it isn't that bad. Some thematic elements are there. It gets the whole magic or corps thing across.

But would it have killed them to stick to stuff you can actually do in the pen and paper version? It really wouldn't have been hard.

hobgoblin
thing is, when i read the reasoning for how the xbox360 game was designed, i understood them. but at the same time, they moved things so far from the SR baseline that they could just as well have slapped any other brand on it. but no, they had to use shadowrun. i wonder if it had something to do with trademark laws...

so from a gamedesign perspective, its a ok game. but the shadowrun name do not belong on it at all...
Stahlseele
at northcon, someone wanted to talk to me about shadowrun for some reason . . he started with how he resurrected his troll mini-gunner and planted a tree of life . . i ain't impolite usually . . but i just walked away with him in mid-sentence . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012