Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun CCG Lot up on ebay
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mydnight
Hi everyone, sorry to make my first post here a sales pitch. Here's the story...

A few weeks ago I met up with an old friend who was giving me back my collection of L5R cards from the L5R CCG. Well, I kinda forgot how much I had and ended up with a huge stack (took up the back seat of my car as well as the front seat). When I got home and started sifting through them I noticed a binder of Shadowrun cards. Since I don't play Shadowrun and haven't gotten a chance to try the RPG I called up my friend to see what he wanted to do with em. He said I could keep em, and didn't seem bothered by the fact that I would put them up on ebay.

With this in mind I decided to undertake the task of cataloging which cards and how many. The binder was full of pages, too full. Some of the Runners ended up with some bending because of it, though I have taken all the cards out of the binder and put them into a card box to help with the bending and to get em ready for shipping. The lot has over 1000 cards, and among these are 300 different titles. It looks like its my friends old collection as I noticed that there are rares, commons, and uncommons after doing some net research.

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=014

I asked a friend of mine who runs Shadowrun games regularly at our local gaming club and he pointed me in your direction. There is a full list of cards in the auction description, and if you would like me to post it here I can. If anyone here is from outside the US I do ship internationally, but I gotta get a weight on this card box before I list an international price.

I hope you guys don't mind my posting this here. If there's a better thread to put it in could the mods please move it? Thanks smile.gif
coolgrafix
Let me see if I got this right. You want us to help you move a bunch of stolen cards? wink.gif
Murrdox
I never knew that there WAS a Shadowrun card game... I'd only seen the Clix game.

Was the card game any good?
the_dunner
You might be best suited asking in the 97 post thread about the CCG and the midnight meet up to play it this summer at GenCon. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Murrdox @ Jul 30 2008, 02:12 PM) *
I never knew that there WAS a Shadowrun card game... I'd only seen the Clix game.

...it was fun in that it was easy to play and not as inbred as that other CCG we all know about. Had a lot of the flavour of the RPG. It was very easy to do "themed" decks - one of my better ones was the "Demolitionist" deck which featured Cherry Bomb, lots of booby traps, and time delayed bombs (and of course the, Shopping Cart Lady).

There were also some cool rares like SQUAAAARK!, Lord Torgo, and my fave Seder Krupp (if you played this card SK, not you or any other player, was the winner).

...great "pickup" game when you and a few friends are sitting around and don't feel like RP-ing.
CanRay
*Sigh* Another game I missed out on. frown.gif
Mydnight
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 30 2008, 04:28 PM) *
You might be best suited asking in the 97 post thread about the CCG and the midnight meet up to play it this summer at GenCon. smile.gif

Thanks for the hot tip! I've gone ahead and posted in there but I'll continue to answer questions here as well if any should arise.

@Coolgrafix while I'm sure you're being humorous I want to make it clear that the cards are legit. I don't trek with people stealing other's collections, makes me fume. I apologize if I missed the humor ^^' I just don't want people to have the wrong impression.

@Kyoto Kid: Out of all the cards you mentioned the only one not in my auction would be delayed booby trap. While I was cataloging the cards I couldn't help but laugh at some of the names. Shopping Cart Lady, Flock of Geese, and Bad Lunch all gave me a chuckle. I don't play as many CCG's as I used to, but I liked the look and names of the Shadowrun CCG cards. I may have to look into the RPG system itself.
Bearclaw
QUOTE (Murrdox @ Jul 30 2008, 02:12 PM) *

It was a good two player game which became a great 4 player game. The downside was that you spent so much time screwing the other players that by the time you finished a 4 player game, you could have just been RPing the game instead of using the cards.
We played a six player game once, just once. After five hours, we just gave up. We had a lot of fun for most of it. I came within inches of winning, before being blown to kingdom come and losing my entire crew and most of the points I'd accumulated. When we quit, no one was within half of what we'd set as winning.

PS, I bid smile.gif
Mydnight
QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Jul 30 2008, 06:14 PM) *
It was a good two player game which became a great 4 player game. The downside was that you spent so much time screwing the other players that by the time you finished a 4 player game, you could have just been RPing the game instead of using the cards.
We played a six player game once, just once. After five hours, we just gave up. We had a lot of fun for most of it. I came within inches of winning, before being blown to kingdom come and losing my entire crew and most of the points I'd accumulated. When we quit, no one was within half of what we'd set as winning.

PS, I bid smile.gif

Good to hear there are interested parties here smile.gif I mentioned it in the other thread so its worth mentioning here. There seems to be a shindig going down at Gen Con this year regarding the Shadowrun CCG, and since I'll be attending Gen Con I'd be happy to do a hand delivery and save the auction winner some cash smile.gif

I understand the plight of lengthy multiplayer CCG games, we used to end up going 5 or 6 hours with Legend of the Five Rings back in college.
Dumori
any idea how much UK shipping would be? I might bid if its not to high or I can call in a favor.
Mydnight
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jul 30 2008, 06:36 PM) *
any idea how much UK shipping would be? I might bid if its not to high or I can call in a favor.

let me dig around and see if there isn't a bathroom scale lying around the house. Pretty much it'd be the cost in weight only, I don't charge extra for materials or handling or anything like that. I'll post that later tonight.
Mydnight
Well, I tracked down a scale and it looked like 4 pounds, so I'll estimate it at 4.25 pounds to be on the safe side.

According to www.usps.com, a packge weighing 4.25 pounds going to the UK will run about $35.63USD if I buy the postage online or $37(so closer to 18 pounds sterling for you).

UPS.com as well as Fedex.com wouldn't give me a price without a postal code for the UK. If you want me to check just PM me your postal code.

EDIT: I checked about on ebay, and if Fedex is anything like UPS then USPS is definately the way to go. Fedex, just as a general rate, had shipping over $100 USD. That's just way too much unless you have a personal prefrence. According to Ebay, the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box was about a $1.50 more than just regular priority mail, though I don't know if that'd get it to you quicker.
Bull
As I posted in the other thread, I tossed down a bid, and will be at Gen Con, so that'll get me around Shipping. But, as I said there, I'm mostly looking at these for trade material and for deck building material for the SRTCG Meet & Greet there, so if someone else really wants them, I'll let em go smile.gif
coolgrafix
QUOTE (Mydnight @ Jul 30 2008, 05:43 PM) *
@Coolgrafix while I'm sure you're being humorous I want to make it clear that the cards are legit. I don't trek with people stealing other's collections, makes me fume. I apologize if I missed the humor ^^' I just don't want people to have the wrong impression.

Relax, omai, you're among friends. Even though you've only been a member for a day. Welcome to the shadows. =)
Mydnight
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 30 2008, 11:39 PM) *
As I posted in the other thread, I tossed down a bid, and will be at Gen Con, so that'll get me around Shipping. But, as I said there, I'm mostly looking at these for trade material and for deck building material for the SRTCG Meet & Greet there, so if someone else really wants them, I'll let em go smile.gif

I'm glad I posted about my auction here as it is apparent that if one of you guys gets the cards then they'll end up in a good home smile.gif Good luck to you Bull, and to any others interested.

Relax, omai, you're among friends. Even though you've only been a member for a day. Welcome to the shadows. =)

Thanks Graf (can I call you Graf?), everyone here has made me feel really welcome biggrin.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (Mydnight @ Jul 30 2008, 04:43 PM) *
I may have to look into the RPG system itself.

Hi Mydnight! if you want to play SR, you know where to find me. I'll be doing up to 4 sessions at Metacon, so you should be able to get a seat if you want one.
Bull
I'm sure that the Missions boys and ghouls could hook Myd up at Gen Con as well smile.gif

Also Mydnight, you're more than welcome to join us at the Meet & Greet at GC. Info is in the other thread smile.gif
Mydnight
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 31 2008, 08:39 AM) *
I'm sure that the Missions boys and ghouls could hook Myd up at Gen Con as well smile.gif

Also Mydnight, you're more than welcome to join us at the Meet & Greet at GC. Info is in the other thread smile.gif

I've been thinking about dropping by actually biggrin.gif Same goes for demos at Gen Con, and if not I'll definately look into stopping by and hanging out with Dash at Metacon, assuming I'm not running 4 sessions myself (of different games that is). I might actually be able to run four sessions since I'm off the nightshift now! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012