Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIN's and matching jobs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
simonw2000
One of my players wants to take a REAL SIN and the Day Job Flaw, and I was wondering what level Day Job Flaw a pawnbroker should be. Like the 6th World version of Ca$h Converters. (In present day UK, Ca$h Converters is a national chain of pawnbrokers.) Can anyone help?
Ol' Scratch
Depends on how long the character wants to work there, now doesn't it? smile.gif Day Job is dependant on the hours you work, not the job you take. If he wants to be a full time pawnbroker, that's Day Job 3. If he just wants to show up from time to time, that's Day Job 1 or 2.
FlakJacket
Or better yet, set up your own shop with yourself as the owner. Would be a good way to launder all that dirty cash. Although the police might take a close look at you in the beginning, those places are a haven for stolen goods so you'd have to have a good sellers policy.
Kage2020
On a related question, what are the obvious manifestations/problems of being SINned as a shadowrunner?

Kage

wobble.gif
Crusher Bob
Things like your DNA, fingerprints, retinal prints, voice prints, and so on are on file. So if you leave any of these things behind, expect the man to come knocking. Also, any cyberware you have will need to be registered on your SIN, so that will take some effort too.
simonw2000
And it means that the police know where you live.
Wonazer
If I can find a local GM with a schedule I can work with (my schedule is really screwy) I plan on playing a mundane. No cyber, no bio, no magic. 40 hour day job, college grad, etc...

Looks like it could be fun, taking into account GM irregularities.

What do you call the world's first corporate nation?
America Incorporated!

Nah, you could call it AmeriCo, or AmeriCorp.
toturi
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
Things like your DNA, fingerprints, retinal prints, voice prints, and so on are on file. So if you leave any of these things behind, expect the man to come knocking. Also, any cyberware you have will need to be registered on your SIN, so that will take some effort too.

Refresh my mind... where exactly does it state that your SIN must have the above information?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012