Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special News: Coming Soon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vairdic
UPDATE: Runner's Companion is now live for pre-order and PDF purchase!

PDF: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2127
Combo: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2126
Book Only: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2125

Hey folks,

With Gen Con Indy 2008 just around the corner, we'll be having a lot of cool announcements coming up.
First off, here's a quick list of some of what will be at the convention!

-Runner's Companion
-Unwired
-Shadowrun Logo shirts (New and in Blue!)
-Shadowrun "Big-S" Logo Sweatshirts (I know, it's summer--get your holidsay shopping finished early!)
-Aztechnology Logo Shirts

In addition, we'll have all the Shadowrun books that has been released so far (Shadowrun, Fourth Edition, Augmentation, Arsenal, Corporate Enclaves, Emergence), and of course, a whole bunch of new Classic BattleTech stuff.

We've got a stack of events planned as well for all levels of player. From in-booth demos for those interested in just learning, to the Missions campaign, and the great Tourney!

Be sure and hit up our seminars for some hot news as well:
Catalyst Game Labs: Shadowrun, BattleTech, Eclipse Phase and more!
This seminar discusses the goings-on of Catalyst Game Labs in general, and especially its new games. Meet developers and writers, and ask them your questions directly.
2008-08-16 12:00 to 13:00
Embassy Suites--Chancellor 3

and

Shadowrun Q&A: Countdown to the 20th anniversary!
Find out the latest developements and plans for Shadowrun, as we get ready for its 20th year! Meet developers and writers, and ask them your questions directly.
2008-08-16 13:00 to 14:00
Embassy Suites--Coronation II

With all that said, I'd watch Shadowrun4.com closely before Gen Con, too ...
Muspellsheimr
Quick question - is that Runner's Companion (Print), or Runner's Companion (PDF)? As you say it will be available at GenCon, opposed to during, I would assume print, but I must ask to be sure.
Abschalten
Oh snap!

Maybe this means a PDF for Runner's Companion will be out soon...?!
Vairdic
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Aug 1 2008, 01:14 AM) *
Quick question - is that Runner's Companion (Print), or Runner's Companion (PDF)? As you say it will be available at GenCon, opposed to during, I would assume print, but I must ask to be sure.

Yup, physical book at Gen Con!
Isath
Uh... well, what about the PDF will it be released during the Con, beforehand, afterwards?
Zen Shooter01
Thanks for the update, Vairdic, but you didn't anticipate that announcing that the hardcopy RC will be available at GenCon in two weeks would trigger a barrage of "Where's the PDF then?" questions?

And by the way, where's the PDF?

And presuming I'm not going to GenCon, where can I get the Shadowrun t-shirts?
Prime Mover
I think I'll join the ranks of the confused. Unwired shipping on the 12th and Runners Companion showing up at Gen Con in hard copy while Unwired is still in the mail? Is this a limited print run for the Con?
Zak
QUOTE (Vairdic @ Aug 1 2008, 07:06 AM) *
-Shadowrun Logo shirts (New and in Blue!)
-Shadowrun "Big-S" Logo Sweatshirts (I know, it's summer--get your holidsay shopping finished early!)
-Aztechnology Logo Shirts

Any chance on getting that stuff anywhere else, except on GenCon?

If not, could someone buy me a stack for me ?biggrin.gif please, please.
Aaron
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 1 2008, 08:35 AM) *
I think I'll join the ranks of the confused. Unwired shipping on the 12th and Runners Companion showing up at Gen Con in hard copy while Unwired is still in the mail? Is this a limited print run for the Con?

I'm not sure that the assumption that both books are being handled by the same printer is a safe premise. If they're being printed by different outfits, they can be printed in parallel, if you will.
Adam
QUOTE (Zak @ Aug 1 2008, 09:48 AM) *
Any chance on getting that stuff anywhere else, except on GenCon?

If we have stock remaining, it will be on sale at our online store, just like the stock remaining from last year, and the year before, and the year before is... wink.gif

I think I'll join the ranks of the confused. Unwired shipping on the 12th and Runners Companion showing up at Gen Con in hard copy while Unwired is still in the mail?

I'm not sure why this is confusing?

Unwired printed first. It shipped to our warehouse [although later than we expected], and the Street Date is now the 12th; it will be in gaming stores on the 12th. Runner's Companion printed afterwards, in time for us to have some copies at Gen Con, but not in time to get distributed across the world for a pre Gen Con Street Date. We [and by 'we' I mean 'David'] is currently trying to figure out exactly when it will hit gaming stores and the best way for the most gaming stores to have it available the soonest.]

Is this a limited print run for the Con?

No.
Bull
No clue exactly what they're doing this year, but I know in the past FanPro (and FASA) have "rushed" the first batch off the printer and shipped. It may take the printer days or weeks to finish up an entire print run, which I assume they generally do before they ship out normally. In this case, CGL may be "stealing" the first few cases to sell early, while the printer is still printing and binding copies that won;t ship for another week or two.

They may also have made a deal to print up a limited, but small number of copies now, with the rest of the run scheduled for a few weeks or a month later (depending on the Printers schedule).

Either way, gives them some more new product to have on the table at the show. And considering how much Convention attendance costs the company, having every little bit there to sell helps defray that cost, especially since every book they sell, they get to keep full sticker value of. I'm not sure what CGL's deal is, but remember taht normally they sell to a distributor, who then sells to the retailer. It wouldn't surprise me if they normally only get 25-35% of the price of the book.
Zen Shooter01
Will the PDF be released before GenCon, or not?
fishhead
Where's the PDF then? wink.gif
otakusensei
Oh damn, give me that PDF and you can name your price.

I mean, you will but that's beside the point...

I'm just opening the door for abuse here...

Do Want and Soon!
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Vairdic @ Jul 31 2008, 11:18 PM) *
Yup, physical book at Gen Con!

Can we pre-order it and the pdf on the website with Gencon delivery?
Vairdic
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 1 2008, 02:54 PM) *
Can we pre-order it and the pdf on the website with Gencon delivery?

Unfortunately no. Tracking purchases like that at a convention like Gen Con is beyond our ability at this point.
hazemyth
Uhm, am I missing something (like unusually subtle sarcasm)?

The PDF is out. It's on my desktop as we speak (figuratively... uh... speaking).
MostlyDeadMan
So, how is?
BishopMcQ
Haze--Most of those posts were from before the release of the PDF.

MDM--It's good. The freak contingent will now have rules to make their changelings, infected and metavariants. For the more mainstream, we gained tons of positive/negative qualities, new gear for avoiding security and advanced options for character creation.
apollo124
Damn, now I gotta steal more money to take with me to GenCon. Damn you!!!! (shaking his fist)
BookWyrm
I'll have to wait until after the hardcover is released, most likely by the end of this month. Cash is a little dicey right now.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Vairdic @ Aug 1 2008, 01:57 PM) *
Unfortunately no. Tracking purchases like that at a convention like Gen Con is beyond our ability at this point.

Can we cancel our orders for both Unwired and Companion, keep just the PDFs and pick them up at Gencon?

I'd save almost a book in shipping charges.
BookWyrm
All I ask for is a release date on the hardcopy of Runner's Companion. It will be a couple of weeks before I can pick up Unwired.
Bull
This isn't an official response, but I believe that David Stansel-Garner said that it was bumped up and should be available either next week or the week after. Not 100% positive though. It was at the CGL/Shadowrun seminar on Saturday, but Idon;t remember exactly.
raverbane
Did anyone make any kind of podcast of the seminar for the poor schmucks that couldnt make the Con.?

(Myself being one of said schmucks)
BishopMcQ
Unwired hit the FLGS last week just before GC. (They were spotted on Tuesday in the Mid-West) From what I overheard, RC shoud be in stores within the next month.

Runners Companion sold out at GenCon though, so I'm living with my PDF for the moment.
TW
In other news, Pegasus Games just announced they bought the sublicense for Shadowrun for Germany. Go Germany! biggrin.gif

The announcement didn't give any more information, but there'll be a Q&A seminar at the German RatCon next Saturday with probably some more information.

For those that don't know Pegasus, they also produce some great Call of Cthulhu Material (for which they received an Origins Award) and own several other licenses (Munchkin Card Game, Killer Bunnies and then some).
Cyntax
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Aug 1 2008, 12:14 AM) *
Oh snap!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vjornaxx/294168009/
Prime Mover
Nothing about the 20th anniversary year? 1st quarter 09 releases? Running Wild nyahnyah.gif
Bull
Running Wild was mentioned, as was a GM's Companion (ala MJLBB) for sometime in the future.

They are planning to do adventure stuff and get the metaplot flowing again. Besides Ghost Cartels, there's an adventure series called "Dawn of the Artifacts". Make of that what you will.

Street Magic will be coming back in print soon, with errata. The Cover has been slightly tweaked so the new version is different than the old a little. If the pic in the little SR Flyer they handed out is any indication, the blue background has been replaced with Orange.

20th anniversary will be big. THe 6th World Almanac/Atlas was mentioned once more.

I was fighting being sick and not sleeping much, and I talked with Synner and some of the other CGL folks a bit afterwards, and everything's flowing together and fuzzing out a bit, so I'm not sure what all else was rumor and conjecture, an announced upcoming product, or something I know now "under the table" (And lest anyone think too poorly of me, it ain't much smile.gif).

NOvel Stuff. An Anthology is coming, then the novels will alternate monthly between SR, BT, and Mechwarrior, so we'll see 1 every 3 months. Mel Odom is back to write the first novel.

There's a bunch of other stuff that was probably talked about. Hopefully someone else took better notes smile.gif

Bull
Halabis
Does anyone know if Catalyst will be going to Dragoncon? Fanpro was there a couple years ago, but they missed last year.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Halabis @ Aug 19 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Does anyone know if Catalyst will be going to Dragoncon? Fanpro was there a couple years ago, but they missed last year.

Yes, Catalyst Game Labs will have a booth at Dragon*Con and will be running a number of Shadowrun events including Shadowrun Missions and the first ever Dragon*Con Shadowrun tournament.
Prime Mover
EDIT: Double post
Prime Mover
Lot's to look forward too hell something like 8 books+ in works makes a die hard fan just smirk all goofy like. Gm's Toolkit raises an eyebrow, this replacing previous gm's screen or something completely different?
Adam
It will provide a GM Screen plus additional content. It won't be entirely new, but it won't be just a reprint of the FanPro GM Screen.
Cardul
I am looking forward to, in the next few days once everyone is back and approaching sanity, to the pod-casts like we had last couple years of the seminars. Heard a rumour from the seminars that Holostreets is indeed going to be out this year?
Not of this World
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 19 2008, 06:05 AM) *
20th anniversary will be big. THe 6th World Almanac/Atlas was mentioned once more.

I've heard about this a few times now, particularly as a reason I shouldn't give up on SR4 as a veteran Shadowrunner.

Is there any substance to this yet? I'm preparing myself for yet another massive disappointment
(Sorry to be cynical, but as a veteran Shadowrunner that is most of what SR4 has been to me)
Adam
Seattle Sourcebook 2072 and The Sixth World Almanac [both tentative titles] are on the schedule for next year as part of the 20th Anniversary of Shadowrun.

Nobody at any of the Catalyst seminars gave any sort of projected release date for Holostreets.
kzt
Darn! wink.gif
Aaron
If you really really want one, I can give you a projected release date for Holostreets. It would be determined by nothing but random whimsy and have no basis in reality, as I have utterly no information or authority on the subject, but it would be a release date. How does next week sound?
BookWyrm
Picked up Unwired at Compleat Strategist yesterday, saw Runner's Companion on the shelf. I'll have to wait a while to pick it up.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 21 2008, 04:46 PM) *
Seattle Sourcebook 2072 and The Sixth World Almanac [both tentative titles] are on the schedule for next year as part of the 20th Anniversary of Shadowrun.

Nobody at any of the Catalyst seminars gave any sort of projected release date for Holostreets.

Maybe, but the Catalyst site still says it is coming out this year. And, supposedly, there was a comment that the only thing holding it up was some backend work on compatability with the Battleshop(I am assuming making it so Holostreets subscribers will get the same discount as Battlecorps subscribers?) Of course, if the plan was not to make sure it was out this year, why would www.catalystgamelabs.com have on it: Holostreets: Shadowrun subscription service [coming 2008]. ? So...we should, hopefully, be seeing something official on it soon-ish.
Ryu
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 22 2008, 12:18 AM) *
If you really really want one, I can give you [SNIP] a release date. How does next week sound?

Lets say Friday the week after that, mkay?

(nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif)
Aaron
I dunno, I like "next week." It's got that "next year in Jerusalem" feel to it.
Fuchs
Will the street magic pdf get updated then?
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Aug 25 2008, 02:35 AM) *
Of course, if the plan was not to make sure it was out this year, why would www.catalystgamelabs.com have on it: Holostreets: Shadowrun subscription service [coming 2008].

Because I hadn't deleted that line. Now I have.

Will the street magic pdf get updated then?

When our printing of Street Magic is complete, yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012