Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hocus Pocus
was looking at the spell list in the street magic guide and saw the orgasm/orgy spell (pg 171) and laughed for 5 minutes straight, my sides started hurting! picture a bunch a people coming at ya and you sling the spell, everyone with their "oh" faces twitching and everything HIlarious!!

any other funny spells out there? maybe bowl movement spells "shit your britches" lol
Ancient History
You fail to heed how serious those spells are. Why the danger of leaving material links behind alone...
nezumi
Yes, orgy, poop-self (note, not to be confused with poop(target limitation:self)), clothes-fall-off, wedgie, etc. are great fun. I've seen most of them. They do have uses, and no, they never lose their hilarity.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (nezumi @ Aug 2 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Yes, orgy, poop-self (note, not to be confused with poop(target limitation:self)), clothes-fall-off, wedgie, etc. are great fun. I've seen most of them. They do have uses, and no, they never lose their hilarity.

So, if these prank-spells exist, where are they? (Orgy & Orgasm are I think are in Street Magic)

If not, I think this calls for a post-your-best-pranks-as-spells thread.
masterofm
There are quite a lot of spells like this I believe, it's just that most SR mages won't bother spending karma or BP to learn them. I'm sure there is a spell that makes you empty your entire bowels like a calonic, but for your entire tract.

Wasn't that part of the hamburger you just ate and you just...

Don't ASK!

I'm sure there is also something like turn flesh.... to more flesh (or less flesh.) Mainly used by mages in L.A. in the 2060's.

A change gender spell.
VagabondStar
TURN TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
hyzmarca
Most prank style spells are, in fact, restricted effect or restricted target (or both) versions of common spells. Nude ball, for example, a restricted target powerball that only effects clothing. Kancho is a restricted effect version of magic fingers that only performs one motion. You know which one.

Others are purely custom spells unrelated to anything in the main book. Void, for example, is a custom permanent duration health spell designed to help treat constipation which can be created using the spell design rules andwhich most reasonable GMs would allow. It can be used for much mischief.

Some purely canon spells can be abused as is, of course. Dream allows one to haunt a person with vivid erotic nightmares containing people whom the victim does not want to have erotic dreams about. Think that one episode of Reaper. And remember that the possibilities are endless.

Riley37
I imagine that Orgasm/Orgy is popular among followers of Seductress mentor spirit, and that any spell with an embarassing, humiliating or distracting effect is a plus for Tricksters with a rough sense of humor.

Insect shamans might learn the Bugs illusion spell. Bonus if you cast it while there actually *are* bugs crawling all over the subject.

Note that the intensity of sensation and distraction varies with Force. A Force 1 Orgasm/Orgy is not the same level of distraction that one might experience naturally at peak moments. Some people would become completely unable to accomplish a routine task at their peak, which in game mechanics should be around, say, -5. (If I had DEX 3 and 2 ranks in Juggling, and for some reason were juggling while receiving sexual attention, I'd probably lose my entire dice pool and have no chance of continued success during the peak time.)

Any Force can be sustained for any duration, so a Force 1 Orgy sustained for an hour is probably equivalent to the mild distraction from arousal that, well, most people endure during their adolescent years on a fairly regular basis. I had a fairly attractive teacher in Spanish as an 8th grader; I probably suffered a -1 modifier to all actions taken during her classes, compared to my performance in other classes.
Kyoto Kid
...in an older version of That Other Game there was a fun little cantrip called Hairy (which was also reversible). In the right situation it could be quite useful.
CanRay
Turn to Goo, grab Datajack, pull hard, let spell lapse.
Straight Razor
lets see

control actions: limit action-
-poop
-dance
-sing

-orgasm

control thought: limit-
-lust

power ball: limit target-
-clothing & armor (textiles)
-hair

magic fingers: limit skill-
-koncho
-eye poke
-wedgie

health / colonic

anyothers?

Glyph
Joke spells are funny the first time you read the description, but get old quickly. I prefer using spells creatively to get humorous effect - with the various illusion, control manipulation, and telekinetic manipulation spells, the possibilities are truly endless. Although a limited powerball/textiles only spell (already canon as a category under the ram/wreck/demolish spell) would have some practical, as well as humorous, applications in combat.
Stahlseele
create allergy spell to get someone to start sneezing uncontrollably or itching all over like with the good old itching powder O.o
magic fingers for tying shoe-laces together(no matter how cyberpunk/magical a game's gonna be, there are ALLWAYS shoelaces to be tied!)
Blade
QUOTE (Straight Razor @ Aug 4 2008, 03:32 AM) *
-orgasm

I don't think control action would allow you to do that, at least to do it "on command". There's a reason why it's an illusion spell.
As usual, you play it the way you want, but I think that most people don't understand how it's supposed to work: it doesn't trigger an orgasm, but it makes the target feel the same way. There's probably no linked physical activity (except for some twitching) which means that there's no refractory period and probably much less exhaustion. According to the modifier it brings, it might also not trigger a full-strength orgasm: a -2 or even -4 modifier is quite low compared to the real thing so I guess it's closer to the illusion of a very pleasurable sensation the same way the "sleep" spell won't put you to sleep except if it's (over)cast with a high force.
BRodda
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Aug 2 2008, 12:45 AM) *
was looking at the spell list in the street magic guide and saw the orgasm/orgy spell (pg 171) and laughed for 5 minutes straight, my sides started hurting! picture a bunch a people coming at ya and you sling the spell, everyone with their "oh" faces twitching and everything HIlarious!!

any other funny spells out there? maybe bowl movement spells "shit your britches" lol

We once had our very vain mage get agitated by seeing his archenemy walk by him in a club. He mutters something about "Getting my vengeance.." and we see his fingers start going and we all cringe expecting some mana blast or something to go off. The spell goes off and the world doesn't end and being very satisfied our mage orders a round of drinks in celebration.
His vengeance? He used his fashion spell to give the guy's outfit last seasons collar, changed the red accent pieces so none of them matched and made one pant leg 1/4th of an inch longer.

Sad thing is we all laughed it off until the other guy sent a fire elemental at us in revenge. Some people take there fashion very seriously I guess.
VagabondStar
In the old grimoire there was a fun "quickening" metamagic example involving Ricky Rat-Boy, a level 1 Stink spell, and sweet, sweet vengeance.
FlashbackJon
QUOTE (VagabondStar @ Aug 4 2008, 04:42 PM) *
In the old grimoire there was a fun "quickening" metamagic example involving Ricky Rat-Boy, a level 1 Stink spell, and sweet, sweet vengeance.

Ah, Ricky Ratboy, how we loved thee.
CanRay
*Pours a bit of a 40 onto the ground* That's for my Fallen 'Runners!
Abschalten
I was running the idea of a pants-shitting Manipulation spell across some friends a while back, as a thought experiment using the Street Magic spell design rules. I don't think we ever figured out what to call it, but we agreed that the area effect version should be called "Party Pooper." spin.gif
Blade
What about a cloth shrinking manipulation spell?
Stahlseele
Create Bullshit, a changed version of the create food . . creates force m³ of bullshit in line of sight, effectively bullshitting anyone in the target area of the spell
Hocus Pocus
all very nice spells guarenteed for a nice chuckle

but the downer with rikki ratboy's death frown.gif

should be like the simpsons where the nerds invent that glove, people giving themseleves purple nurples, atomic wedgies, and the rear admiral lol
Kyoto Kid
...Magic Fingers: Tickle grinbig.gif

This is one of the uses my Mage Hermoine has for the spell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012