Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAGINT
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VagabondStar
Intelligence collection is a process whereby (possibly) useful information is gathered. It is usually broken into disciplines, such as; HUMINT (Human Intelligence), SIGINT (Signals Intelligence), MASINT (Measurements and Signatures Intelligence), ELINT (Electronic Intelligence), GEOINT (Geographic Intelligence), etc.

In the 6th world, the addition of magic to the arsenal of every agency capable of conducting intelligence gathering operations could potentially change the way collection is handled.

So here is the question: Is Magic compartmented into a new collection discipline (Dibs on credit for inventing the MAGINT title if so), or is it parceled out into the pre-existing disciplines? Some combination perhaps ? And I am assuming this goes beyond the obvious: Mind Probe=Ultimate HUMINT win.

(And one more note: If spirit testimony is not admissible in court, is it still admissible as a valid piece of collected intel? Or is that someone else's problem?)
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (VagabondStar @ Aug 2 2008, 04:58 PM) *
(And one more note: If spirit testimony is not admissible in court, is it still admissible as a valid piece of collected intel? Or is that someone else's problem?)

Spirit testimony is admissible in some courts. In the PCC, for example (and probably in most NAN nations) which includes LA. Also, in UCAS, mind probe isn't "legal" (since it is the ultimate in self-incrimination) for law enforcement to use on citizens (SINners), but in other nations it is (again, such as the PCC).

Corporations may have varied processes regarding this - for example, I imagine Evo does allow Spirit testimony. wink.gif And probably most corporations allow mind probe. Aztechnology is referenced somewhere as mind probing all potential new hires. (the Aztlan book?)
Ancient History
This was specifically addressed in State of the Art: 2064, which has a sectioned dedicated to intelligence gathering and espionage.
VagabondStar
And here I thought I was being clever and original. Fail.
Ancient History
Don't worry little runner, there are more.
VagabondStar
I love that movie. Ha ha ha ha. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012