Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ohh Those Crazy Players...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tybrus
OK so I run a weekly 3ed ed shadowrun game with a normal crew of friends. I set up a easy run for a new campain where the players have all new toons. The fixer offers to vouch for the team and help get them work if they do him a favor. The fixer is an ork who has a buddy that is a ork sivial servent. THe man's boss hates Meta's and won't let the fixers buddy move up the ladder. He tells the runners he wants the problem fixed, b ut without hurting the Boss, or having it in anyway linked back to his friend. I figure the runners will do one of a few things...

1) Brib the guy
2) Treaten the guy and scare him into doing it
3) Blackmail the guy

Or something simple like this....

WHAT THE RUNNERS DO IS THIS....

One of the runners makes friends with the guy one night ata a bar. He then highers hookers to bang him and the guy 3 nights in a row at the guys house. On the 3ed night he slips a drug into this boss's drink to knock him out. Ok what follows is not for the feint of heart...

He calls a Troll Transvestie Hooker to the place, and haves the Troll with Poll as he calls it Rape the man in a number of very grafic ways and then films it. He makes sure to tell me what he gets on the tape in great detail /sigh

Then he leaves the guy sore and nasty in his room with a copy of the tape and a note that says "If you don't give Fred Jones a Promotion this tape will become public"...

THe poor guys has been used like a 2 dollor hoe and if forced to watch it happen on tape....

SOOOOOO What is the crazest thing your players have ever done with a simple run that just blew your mind???

I Still feel dirty for having run this, and can't look at one of my players the same way ever again...
sunnyside
Um. I know this is in the past. But did the players take any flack for an epic fail in "not linking it in any way back to the friend" not to mention "not hurting the Boss".

Actually even if it's been a couple sessions it might not be inapropriate to have the traumatized Boss either.

1. Murder/Suicide with Frank.
2. Arrange an accident for Frank
3. Simply kill themselves/check in at an institution.
4. See if he can't somehow go after the runner. He'd seen him a lot. He also has the Troll in question on tape (and may have a material link to at least the troll if you know what I mean).

I just find it hard to believe something like that could happen to someone and then they just promote the guy and go on working with them every day. At an absolute minimum the boss would have to transfer somewhere else.

If you can't decide maybe just roll a luck die to see what happens. (i.e. roll a d6. 1-4 correspond to above. 5 the boss transfers after promoting Frank. 6. He stays where he is and tries to deal with it. Roll again in a few months or a year of gametime.

-------------------------------------------

As for myself I at one point decided to see where a player would stand up to the jobs the Fixer/Johnson passed down and jump off the tracks.

I'm not even going to go into detail but my general faith in humanity has been lowered as a result.

toturi
Could have just used Influence to do a better job or have a Preachermancer to convince the boss to change his ways.
Cang
In a game i ran, i had the players on a run where they need to get a stripper to release some information she was privy to about one of her clients for them to continue the mission. So one of the players goes to the club, has many lap dances and drinks with the stripper, gets to know her and offers her a large amount of money to come back to his hotel room with him. She goes with him. The other players where suppose to get a motel room without really letting anyone know they were there. Being that some of the players where drunk (and drinking outside in front of the office) or just plain super suspicious (some people think being sly means wearing a trench coat and sunglasses at night in July) and made a huge scene. The good thing was that the worker there just didn't give a shit and would of gave a room to a eight year old with 40 bucks. Well they bring the girl in the room where they all pop out of the bathroom decked out in guns and swords. Well the stripper freaks out so they punch her lights out. When she comes so she is tied up and gagged in the bed. They finally get her to spill the beans but then realize that they have made a huge trail fro themselves. So they decide to kill the girl with a tire iron, throw her body in the dumpster and light it on fire. Well before hand some of the players were hit by hollowneeners with water guns. Well they thought nothing of it. Well the water was full of LSD and the players (who were both mages) started see death looking fire spirits rising from the flames and chasing them so they run screaming out of there at full speed. This is one of the nice stories. cyber.gif
shuya
i have found one old adage to be especially appropriate when running any kind of game:
"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
in this case, the enemy is your players
ravensmuse
I may have posted this one before, but it's a particular favorite -

My girlfriend's character, momentarily distracted by the brain eater bug, decides that the random old lady standing on the corner beside her needs to introduce herself to the passing traffic. Long story short, said old lady is the grandma of the local mob boss, local mob boss isn't pleased, and the pair of them end up on a trip out to Japan to "let the heat die down some".

Then they went to a fashion show and tried to assassinate a runway model while she was on stage, because they'd been hired to.

I love Shadowrun.
Murrdox
-1 Point to the OP for referring to Shadowrun characters as "Toons".

Don't even think about talking about your Street Samurai's "DPS".
Tybrus
Wrap up Notes:

I didn't mention so here was the end result

1) Boss fired Fred
2) Boss mailed the Tape to his Polifriends with all the info on who had done it to him
3) Boss ate his Pistol...
4) Fixer called and said Fred was fired, and the only street cred they would get from him was as Sick F ups

The end
CanRay
Bullets, it's what's for breakfast.
psychophipps
One interesting bit about the old SR published adventures is how they were often designed with 14-year-olds in mind. You old timers remember those days. Being a sammie meant that your daily-carry weaponry started at the smartlink AR w/ GL and went up form there. Adepts with melee had di-kote no-dachi or they were a little bitch. Mages...well, you get the point...*shudders at the memories*. Just about every firefight had tons of baddies. Big baddies. Wired baddies. Armored baddies. APDS ammo baddies. So you either had a random GPMG with APDSDUEXHP ammo or you ran like a scared little girl from most of the fights.

Panthers are cool! And they only get more cool if a Dwarf is using it! rotfl.gif Those were the days...

Much more recently:
So our motley band of adventurers has finally gotten through the hordes at the gates and is looking at the guy they're there to kidnap for their employer. The GM gets about 3 words into the character's boring, cliched spiel before he starts to act like a pain in the ass when my friends wife says, "My character walks up and caps that motherfucker in the face with her Predator." The GMs eyes bug out of his head as he stammers a bit while processing this information, thinking that his brilliantly-run adventure is full of fail, when she calmly says, "Don't worry, it's loaded with gel rounds." The characters scoop the guy up, toss him to the troll, and walk out to their vehicles for a quick, and more importantly, annoyance-free delivery.
Tybrus
I agree Psy, I miss the old days but then again all old men do =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012