Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runner's Companion Vampire Magician
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starmage21
I want to give some of the new rules a little play-testing, and so that I can become comfortable with them myself through use.

Opinions and thoughts on this character as a viable shadowrunner who is likely to live more than a run or two?

[ Spoiler ]
Starmage21
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 4 2008, 10:15 AM) *
I want to give some of the new rules a little play-testing, and so that I can become comfortable with them myself through use.

Opinions and thoughts on this character as a viable shadowrunner who is likely to live more than a run or two?

[ Spoiler ]

woot 2nd page!
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:15 AM) *
Qualities (55BP)
Magician (-15)
Vampire (-100)
Enemy (+15)
Wanted (+10)
Vendetta (+5)

Do the math again. Overall, you have overspent by 30 points.
SCARed
he seems to be a little weak on the skills ...

regenereation might be intriguing als a power, but i guess a normal mage would be better, concerning the atts and skills.

just my 2 Cts ...
Starmage21
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Aug 5 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Do the math again. Overall, you have overspent by 30 points.

Holy crap youre right. Doing the BP shuffle is a literal pain in the arse when youre dropping 100BPs or more on your "race"

Attributes are going to go down again most likely.
hermit
Try latent awakening or mystical adept (you get astral perception for free, remember).

Does the 100 BP factor into the character's notoriety (not. +20) as other negative qualities do? Or does he get +20 street cred on the special emo pretty butterfly ticket?
Rasumichin
Just out of curiosity :
Is there a new notoriety system in RC?
+20 seems a bit...harsh under BBB rules, even for a vampire.
Starmage21
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 5 2008, 01:07 PM) *
Just out of curiosity :
Is there a new notoriety system in RC?
+20 seems a bit...harsh under BBB rules, even for a vampire.

I do not recall that the entire chapter mentioned the notoriety system at all. In reading the BBB mentioned specific qualities that affected notoriety or street cred out the gate, since the new qualities mention that they affect either, they probobly dont(positively or negatively).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012